Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most SRB's Gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Most SRB's Gone

http://www.ramstein.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123311474

GREAT! I leave to retrain into 1n1B on August 19th. One of the reasons most people decide to retrain is because these slots are critically manned and want to serve their country in these slots. Another big reason is because of the bonus, and now that's being taken away from most?! Many enlist to also get the benefit of receiving free healthcare for the duration of their enlistment and longer for retirees (well it use to be). With Obamacare coming into affect, what incentives are there other than serving honorably? Enlisted is the last place money should be taken away and it will be shown with reduction of ranks leaving for the civilian sector. Nice job, I see a draft coming when the next war hits...

Comments?

Tak

Re: Most SRB's Gone

Thank god! It's time end ALL of them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Thank god! It's time end ALL of them...
    BAM! Agreed.
    SRB justifications are usually unfounded and inconsistant. All get an SRB, or nobody gets one IMO. "Dangerous Job" You get hazard duty pay. "Great job opportunities in civilian sector" Good for you, get out and let someone who wants to be here work. "need to retain SME's" Stop over working them and they will gladly stay. I am more jealous than anything. Cops work 14hr day, and finance gets paid the same. Fighter Crew Chiefs work 14s in the rain without lunch, get paid same as the guy handing you a basket ball at the gym. Why should one get paid $70,000 to reup, and the other gets a high 5? Military isn't a democracy, we are all suppose to be the same. Same hair cut, same clothes, same way of speaking..SAME PAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2A5X1 - removal of Zone A, B, and C?....Good luck USAF on finding retention of solid maintainers without any bonuses. You are screwing over the largest sector. Medical? Cut em, we can hire civilians if need be. Cops? We already use civilians. We can't hire civilian C-130 MX.

Edit: If they seriously want to keep the MX guys/girls around, they better start giving them some Hazard Pay, especially when you're hooking up the Senor Ops, Cops, and Med Techs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FE Buckeye Pride View Post
    2A5X1 - removal of Zone A, B, and C?....Good luck USAF on finding retention of solid maintainers without any bonuses. You are screwing over the largest sector. Medical? Cut em, we can hire civilians if need be. Cops? We already use civilians. We can't hire civilian C-130 MX.
    Hill AFB has CIVILIAN C-130 MX.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I will bite! Why can't we hire civilian mechanics? Are you saying that in the real world we have cops, medical, etc but there are no mechanics? If I am not mistaken people who become C-130MX were at one point civilians. So in effect we already have hired civilians to do the job. Now if you wouldn't mind hopping off of the soapbox I would appreciate it. I have laundry to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    Hill AFB has CIVILIAN C-130 MX.
    C-130's at Hill are also both a test base and Reserves. You have to have deployable military C-130 MX. You can't man as many bases - both deployed and state side without military.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    I will bite! Why can't we hire civilian mechanics? Are you saying that in the real world we have cops, medical, etc but there are no mechanics? If I am not mistaken people who become C-130MX were at one point civilians. So in effect we already have hired civilians to do the job. Now if you wouldn't mind hopping off of the soapbox I would appreciate it. I have laundry to do.
    Soapbox? Why because I chose to express my feelings about a career field getting their bonuses cut? Im not even a maintainer dumb-dumb.

Also, there are just certain jobs where having a civilian works - doctors, dentists, cops. Maintainers need to be military if only for the fact that they need to be deployable at any given time in support of military operations. They need to be able to work between 8-12 hours any day without having to call their union, get permission, pay the overtime. Its a cheaper way to have the needed personnel work the hours the mission requires at any given time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C-130's at Hill are also both a test base and Reserves. You have to have deployable military C-130 MX. You can't man as many bases - both deployed and state side without military.
    Never saw deployed civilian RQ-1 maintainers?? Guess those guys just had shaving waivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by load.toad View Post
    Never saw deployed civilian RQ-1 maintainers?? Guess those guys just had shaving waivers.
    RQ-1? Nope, never interacted with UAV guys at all. Im a C-130 Flight Eng, not at a base anywhere near those things down in Creech. Sorry bud.

Besides fixing an RQ-1 vs a Herc is like working on a high tech go kart vs a 1960's mac truck.