Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-17 airlifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C-17 airlifter

It appears that I'm going to be working on a book-length series of articles about the C-17 Globemaster III for a different publication (not the one that sponsors these forums).

This might be a good place to pick up insights on C-17 operations that I wouldn't find elsewhere. Not looking for information that isn't readily accessible to the public but would like to get some insights on how the C-17 is regarded.

My editor has a special interest in Air National Guard C-17 operations and would like to get insights into how maintainers, loadmasters and pilots use this aircraft and what they think of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: C-17 airlifter

Watch for a special insert on the C-17 in the November issue of Air International.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I finished my Army career with 78 Jumps (exits from aircraft while in flight).

I didn't get to exit from a C-17. I hate that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo77 View Post
    I finished my Army career with 78 Jumps (exits from aircraft while in flight).

I didn't get to exit from a C-17.I hate that.
    Made eight jumps in the civilian world. Was just as scared on the eighth as the first. Decided it wasn't for me. I'm probably the only person on this thread that made a parachute jump at Fihoanana, Madagascar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was scared on my first jump. I was scared on my 78th Jump.

I lived to tell the tale, and that's what is important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Watch for a book-length insert on the C-17 in the November issue of Air International magazine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just want to know why they picked "airlifter" for the name. Air isn't heavy at all! Something impressive like LEADLIFTER would be much cooler! :couch2
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of people helped me write the two-part inserts on the C-17 Globemaster III that went into the November and December issues of Air International magazine. If you're one of those, I have one or two copies of both issues that I can send you at no cost to you. You'll have to give me an address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    I just want to know why they picked "airlifter" for the name. Air isn't heavy at all! Something impressive like LEADLIFTER would be much cooler! :couch2
    At one time there was a move to name the C-17 the Loadmaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    A lot of people helped me write the two-part inserts on the C-17 Globemaster III that went into the November and December issues of Air International magazine. If you're one of those, I have one or two copies of both issues that I can send you at no cost to you. You'll have to give me an address.
    This is pretty much "last call" for a copy of the C-17 publication. My remaining copies will go to the Mississippi Air National Guard.