Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-17 airlifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: C-17 airlifter

In spite of what I wrote on December 10, I see that I still have a few copies of the C-17 publication here. If anyone would like to read it, I'll be glad to send you a copy at no cost. All I need is an address.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    In spite of what I wrote on December 10, I see that I still have a few copies of the C-17 publication here. If anyone would like to read it, I'll be glad to send you a copy at no cost. All I need is an address.
    You don't have an address? Are you homeless?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are they signed by the great RFD?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Are they signed by the great RFD?
    They aren't because they're no longer available. I threw away about a dozen of them (sold in stores for $16 each) after using up the possibilities for people to send them to. Further details on my Facebook page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is a bummer... The magazines are actually REALLY cool. Not sure I would fork over $16 each but...pretty darn cool.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It appears that I'm going to be working on a book-length series of articles about the C-17 Globemaster III for a different publication (not the one that sponsors these forums).

This might be a good place to pick up insights on C-17 operations that I wouldn't find elsewhere. Not looking for information that isn't readily accessible to the public but would like to get some insights on how the C-17 is regarded.

My editor has a special interest in Air National Guard C-17 operations and would like to get insights into how maintainers, loadmasters and pilots use this aircraft and what they think of it.
    Please don't forget CCATT! http://www.ccatt.info/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    Please don't forget CCATT! http://www.ccatt.info/
    Didn't forget it. It was a crucial part of this story. I interviewed several flight nurses and other people involved in these missions. Probably the most attention they've gotten in any publication in years.