Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DOS Rollback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DOS Rollback

Anyone have any ways to help some one fight a DOS Rollback??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: DOS Rollback

Far as I know, the Department of State hasn't moved an inch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Far as I know, the Department of State hasn't moved an inch.
    The direction of the Department of State has moved... and backwards no less. but in this case my usage of DOS means Date of Separation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dexter32 View Post
    The direction of the Department of State has moved... and backwards no less. but in this case my usage of DOS means Date of Separation.
    Perhaps someone in these forums will be able to help now that I've assisted you in making your meaning clear. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dexter32 View Post
    Anyone have any ways to help some one fight a DOS Rollback??
    This isn't enough information to provide you with any information. What are the circumstances that a person was ID'd for rollback?

Since most people tagged for rollback have negative codes levied against them, a fight against it is going to be a mountainous upward climb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Perhaps someone in these forums will be able to help now that I've assisted you in making your meaning clear. Good luck.
    Thanks, but I'm sure the people who can help would be able to properly correlate the term with its intended meaning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtS View Post
    This isn't enough information to provide you with any information. What are the circumstances that a person was ID'd for rollback?

Since most people tagged for rollback have negative codes levied against them, a fight against it is going to be a mountainous upward climb.
    Point taken. Problem was the individual was trending PT failures, reached 3 within a year, has since maintained passing score. Had some LOCs and LORs as a result. Otherwise, not the most polished Airmen, but has shown potential and a commitment to stay in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess to clarify my request - Is there any channels this member can go through through such as the Legal Office/MPF/Shirt to help his case?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now-a-ways? Good luck trying to fight a DOS rollback. Three years ago and back you could, but with the shrinking force and abuse of the system in years back they have made it impossible. Completely out of the commander's hands.

Is this your troop or a friend? Chances are there might be underlying circumstances. Maybe he was denied reenlistment or has a code against him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamethon View Post
    Now-a-ways? Good luck trying to fight a DOS rollback. Three years ago and back you could, but with the shrinking force and abuse of the system in years back they have made it impossible. Completely out of the commander's hands.

Is this your troop or a friend? Chances are there might be underlying circumstances. Maybe he was denied reenlistment or has a code against him.
    Troop. In vMPF it still showing him his end of enlistment date. I've signed a AF418 w/ check on Recommended for Reenlistment and threw in some remarks stating why. I didn't go into great detail but the point was clear. I am not at home station and have not been included in alot of the email traffic reguarding him and this situation. He has not heard anything in a few weeks and I've advised him to prepare for both possibilities (TAP, Update Resume, CLEPS, College, Etc.) and to utilize his current resources to better his chance of success either way the judgement is made.

Now that the information flow is stale his motivation level has tanked and currently has very little support from current supervision. Thrown him on swing shift, providing little contact with leadership. Seeking some route he can take to gain information or show his commitment to the Air Force.