Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCAF, Course 14 required for MSM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CCAF, Course 14 required for MSM?

Just curious what others are experiancing. I get it for strats and Senior Rater endorsement, but do your units require Course 14 and CCAF completion for MSM's to be given to MSgts when they PCA/PCS?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: CCAF, Course 14 required for MSM?

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    Just curious what others are experiancing. I get it for strats and Senior Rater endorsement, but do your units require Course 14 and CCAF completion for MSM's to be given to MSgts when they PCA/PCS?
    USAFE is leaning towards this requirement. My Wing also marked down the "Training" block on any MSgt who did not have either or both of these requirements. I saw quite a few MSgts get Commendation medals instead of a MSM. The wing would not consider a “push note” if a MSgt had all the requirements for a CCAF but was not awarded the CCAF due to known CCAF issues. The wing would simply respond “tell them to CLEP the required credits”. I am so glad I don’t have to deal with those idiots anymore.

JD2780

Happened to my Sup, last year. He didnt get ANY medal for his PCS although he kept this place afloat for the 2 yrs he was the sup, and the other 2 years he was an awesome instructor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anon View Post
    What does Course 14 or having a CCAF to do with the MSM? The MSM is awarded for outstanding non-combatant meritorious achievement usually covering a 2-year or more period. It's about how well they performed/handled their duties and responsibilities in relation to their rank, the mission, and their use of resources. If you have two MSgts at two different bases doing performing the same functions in an identical manner then why should one get an MSM because they completed Course 14 and probably completed the CCAF a couple of years ago and the other not get an MSM because they haven't completed one or both? It's about their job and leadership performance.

FLAPS

I've seen MSMs denied for SNCOs who've failed to fill their CCAF/Crs 14 squares. This higher standard isn't such a bad thing for an organization that is looking for a little more than just great job performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The careerists and Kool-Aid slurpers have spent over a decade bending over my USAF and buttf#$king it into the bastardized service we have today.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's 'buttfasking?'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by js7799 View Post
    What's 'buttfasking?'
    That's not what I typed. What are you using to view the forum?

Either way, you should ask an elderly schoolteacher to tell you. Whisper it in her ear...
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    The careerists and Kool-Aid slurpers have spent over a decade bending over my USAF and buttf#$king it into the bastardized service we have today.
    Shrike,

Amen, and I am further pi$$ed off that some in these forums continue to embrace the decline instead of trying to fix the problem.