Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lackland TI scandal nets TSgt and MSgt; the tail spin continues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lackland TI scandal nets TSgt and MSgt; the tail spin continues

Here is an update on the story:

http://www.stripes.com/news/two-more...andal-1.181528

Here is the meat of the story:

Master Sgt. Jamey Crawford was charged with having a sexual relationship with a basic trainee, giving her alcohol and committing adultery. Tech. Sgt. Christopher Smith was charged with trying to develop a sexual relationship with a trainee, making advances toward her, having a personal social relationship with a second woman and obstructing justice.
    TI are supposed to be screened prior their selection for the instructor position. I am guessing that these two clowns were in the CoC of the previously charged instructors. Eitherway, there are more under investigation and this is a bad day of many to come for the AF.

So any takers on how long until the AF is rolled back into the Army? I am guessing 2016 but there will be firings at the most senior levels of AF prior to the actual assimilation of the AF by the Army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lackland TI scandal nets TSgt and MSgt; the tail spin continues

From what I'm hearing this is just going to get bigger and bigger. Everyone on special duty on AETC as recruiter, MTI, MTL and all other jobs that deal with applicants or trainees has a big target on their back. There's going to be IG and criminal investigations coming left and right from what I'm hearing.

Not a good time to be in any of those jobs right now. If this spreads to other squadrons in BMT or other commands within AETC I would have a hard time believing Gen. Rice will survive this, which is a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SNCOs are involved now, it's a conspiracy!

I do not understand, who wants to do that with them? They smell the whole time cuz they dont have their shit trimmed/shaved. I already know what BRUWIN and Shrike are going to say....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Medic0721 View Post
    SNCOs are involved now, it's a conspiracy!

I do not understand, who wants to do that with them? They smell the whole time cuz they dont have their shit trimmed/shaved. I already know what BRUWIN and Shrike are going to say....
    I just want to know if they have CCAF degrees or not.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    I just want to know if they have CCAF degrees or not.

Shrike,

Instructor special duties require a CCAF due to the difficulties of going to college in such a strenuous environment (pun intended).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From the article:
    “The nature of their position grants [instructors] a great deal of authority over young and impressionable recruits,” said Rep. Mike Turner, an Ohio Republican who serves on the House Armed Service Committee, in a statement.“During this process, recruits should be learning the leadership values requisite to build the finest Air Force in the world,” he said Tuesday. “Instead, it appears that a systemic breakdown led to the creation of an environment that harbored the basest level of criminal activity at an unimaginable scale.”
    Honestly, I can't believe the scale of this stuff military-wide. What the hell is going on with military men?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    From the article:Honestly, I can't believe the scale of this stuff military-wide. What the hell is going on with military men?
    There is a severe shortage of heterosexual women in the AF but there is an abundance of lesbians. Don't worry, it should only be about 4 more years until the AF is assimilated by people from the LGBT community (who have their CCAF) and then there won't be any more problems.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

From the article:Honestly, I can't believe the scale of this stuff military-wide. What the hell is going on with military men?
    I am not so sure this behavior is unique to military men. Sadly, more is expected of military men - especially those in a postition to influence "young and impressionable" trainees. It makes me sick to be honest. Leadership could not have fallen farther down there at Lackland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The other thing these knuckleheads did is open the door for any trainee with an axe to grind to go ahead and throw out false accusations the first time things don't go their way. I wouldn't take this job for all the money in the world right now...those guys doing the job the right way are going to have their hands tied and those trainees with no scruples will have the upper hand.
    "Respect My Authoritah!" - Eric Cartman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All I can say is that this people are sick and should be punish to the fullest extent of the law. As a recruiter I'm already getting the questions :"Is it true that girls get raped at basic"? I don't know what the backlash is going to be from the schools we go... Are they going to allow us in thinking we all some kind of perverts?

This is not good and in terms of recruiting can be devastating for the AF.