Thread: Lackland TI scandal nets TSgt and MSgt; the tail spin continues

Tak

Re: Lackland TI scandal nets TSgt and MSgt; the tail spin continues

Who would want to be a TI after this?
    No more bennies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe the majority of these issue could be solved by doing BMT like the Marines do, segregated boot camp. There is no reason for males and females recruits to interact in basic training, or have instructors of the opposite sex.

I would like to see a study or statistics that show if the army or air force form of integrated basic is more likely to have sexual misconduct cases verses segregated basic training.

Just seems like this issue is happening far more than it should be, and that the best solution is revert to the way it used to be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    The other thing these knuckleheads did is open the door for any trainee with an axe to grind to go ahead and throw out false accusations the first time things don't go their way. I wouldn't take this job for all the money in the world right now...those guys doing the job the right way are going to have their hands tied and those trainees with no scruples will have the upper hand.
    I don't think so... This is a situation where you can throw the "truth will always come out" argument.

As a recruiter I have been on the receiving end of two complaints of applicants saying in BMT trying to use the "my recruiter told me..." argument. Peole that investigate this things at Lackland are very good at handling this complaints and can know from the beginning if the applicants are full of shit and just want to be sent back home or if it is a legitimate complaint. If a recruiter, MTI, MTL has done no wrong there would be no foul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredretiredE7 View Post
    There is a severe shortage of heterosexual women in the AF but there is an abundance of lesbians. Don't worry, it should only be about 4 more years until the AF is assimilated by people from the LGBT community (who have their CCAF) and then there won't be any more problems.
    If there is an abundance of lesbians in the AF, I'm telling you I would have known about it. I take it your response was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but nonetheless, the sexual misconduct is really getting out of hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Who would want to be a TI after this?
    No more bennies.
    There will always find people for this jobs because of location. A lot of peole get recruited from the state of Texas and the idea of going back home is always there. Also the ones that like the power trip that comes with the position. I do feel bad for the ones who do it for legitimate reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by efmbman View Post
    I am not so sure this behavior is unique to military men. Sadly, more is expected of military men - especially those in a postition to influence "young and impressionable" trainees. It makes me sick to be honest. Leadership could not have fallen farther down there at Lackland.
    I am not assuming it is limited to military men at all and I do expect more from military men. I agree with your assessment of leadership and this spate of crimes seems at least partially due to poor leadership at the company grade level and probably higher. I saddens me as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Tak

"It was an order" didn't work for Mi Li incident
    In Vietnam.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    From what I'm hearing this is just going to get bigger and bigger. Everyone on special duty on AETC as recruiter, MTI, MTL and all other jobs that deal with applicants or trainees has a big target on their back. There's going to be IG and criminal investigations coming left and right from what I'm hearing.

Not a good time to be in any of those jobs right now. If this spreads to other squadrons in BMT or other commands within AETC I would have a hard time believing Gen. Rice will survive this, which is a shame.
    I hate the squadron commander got fired, unless they had proof he knew and did nothing...which is hard to believe but not impossible. Commander firings are often nothing more than political.

One thing I always hate about the AF is them blaming everyone for something but those at fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by F4CrewChick View Post
    If there is an abundance of lesbians in the AF, I'm telling you I would have known about it. I take it your response was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but nonetheless, the sexual misconduct is really getting out of hand.

I just caught your "tongue-in-cheek" pun and it made me laugh. There were alot of younger lesbians in the AF. You can search for them in whatever the current military gay community site is. I think you will be surprised.

Tak

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead dad View Post
    Maybe the majority of these issue could be solved by doing BMT like the Marines do, segregated boot camp. There is no reason for males and females recruits to interact in basic training, or have instructors of the opposite sex.

I would like to see a study or statistics that show if the army or air force form of integrated basic is more likely to have sexual misconduct cases verses segregated basic training.

Just seems like this issue is happening far more than it should be, and that the best solution is revert to the way it used to be done.
    Never change systems due to situations.
    -Tak