Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Where in the world is ChiefB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where in the world is ChiefB?

This is ChiefB’s son, David, whom he has written about often. I am proud to be the son of a man that not only supports me as a gay man, but also supports anyone, especially service men and women, both straight and gay, who need someone to be a voice for them. Today, I am the voice for my father who cannot write to you personally. But in ChiefB’s stead, I wanted to let you know where and what he has been up to.

To cut to the chase, I am right now with ChiefB in the CCU (Critical Care Unit) of a Cardiac Hospital in West Texas. You may have noticed that the old Chiefly curmudgeon has been silent recently. Well, it's because of an infection in his heart that has knocked him out of the loop for a bit. ChiefB is looking forward to being there with his fellow military brothers and sisters, and wants to apologize for not being around lately. He deeply regrets not being able to answer or update any of his posts.

As he lies here in CCU, he wants all of you to know what is in store for him in the very near future. This Monday, doctors have scheduled open heart surgery to repair a damaged valve due to the infection and an arterial bypass. The average recovery from this type of surgery is three to six months.

In ChiefB’s words, “If he successfully makes the cut, he looks forward to seeing you all online.”

Thanks so much for your time, and I too will be praying for ChiefB’s speedy recovery. I'm so happy my dad is as proud of me as I am of him, especially as he continues to fight for the rights of others in all areas of life. Wishing all of you great health!

ChiefB’s son, David
    ChiefB

It's the same in all wars, the very young and adventurous give up their lives for the old and cautious, and so the bluecollar for the privileged, the uneducated for the student, the poor for the well off, the patriot for the politician, and the few for the many.

TC6, C5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Where in the world is ChiefB?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post
    This is ChiefB’s son, David, whom he has written about often. I am proud to be the son of a man that not only supports me as a gay man, but also supports anyone, especially service men and women, both straight and gay, who need someone to be a voice for them. Today, I am the voice for my father who cannot write to you personally. But in ChiefB’s stead, I wanted to let you know where and what he has been up to.

To cut to the chase, I am right now with ChiefB in the CCU (Critical Care Unit) of a Cardiac Hospital in West Texas. You may have noticed that the old Chiefly curmudgeon has been silent recently. Well, it's because of an infection in his heart that has knocked him out of the loop for a bit. ChiefB is looking forward to being there with his fellow military brothers and sisters, and wants to apologize for not being around lately. He deeply regrets not being able to answer or update any of his posts.

As he lies here in CCU, he wants all of you to know what is in store for him in the very near future. This Monday, doctors have scheduled open heart surgery to repair a damaged valve due to the infection and an arterial bypass. The average recovery from this type of surgery is three to six months.

In ChiefB’s words, “If he successfully makes the cut, he looks forward to seeing you all online.”

Thanks so much for your time, and I too will be praying for ChiefB’s speedy recovery. I'm so happy my dad is as proud of me as I am of him, especially as he continues to fight for the rights of others in all areas of life. Wishing all of you great health!

ChiefB’s son, David

Thanks for the update, David. I have been wondering where ChiefB has been.

Best wishes for his speedy recovery, and we look forward to his return!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm certain he'll be in the best wishes and prayers of many in this forum, myself included among them.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The prayers of my family will be with yours. God willing he will be with you and us here soon. Thanks for keeping us informed and please continue to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get well soon, Chief B! I'm not a prayin' man, but I have hope that the surgery will go just fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keeping him and the whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post

ChiefB’s son, David
    David! My heart skipped a beat to read your news... My very best wishes for success and my most fervent prayers for Chief and the rest of the family in this trying time. Your dad has spoken about you to me often and he has been like a 2nd father to me on and off this site (he gives great advice). I was thinking about him today as I drove home from my visit to the doctor, wondering where he has been. If I can be of any assistance to you or your family now, please do not hesitate to let me know. Whatever it may be, even though I am at a distance. Again, my very best to all and God Bless D & Family. Much Love to you all, Michelle in California <3<3<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He'll be in my thoughts, as will you and the rest of the family.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell your Pop we'll be thinking about him and sending good karma his way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chief has chastised me alot for not being to nice in my opinions but I value his opinions and miss his inputs here. Look forward to HIS next post.
    I'm not the regular Crew Chief.