Thread: ADM BOORDA -16 YEARS LATER AND STILL NO AUTOPSY OR "SUICIDE" LETTERS RELEASED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

ADM Boorda -16 Years later and still no autopsy or "suicide" letters released.

http://www.militarycorruption.com/boorda2.htm

This story has always bothered me; I still think we haven't heard the whole story. Others may disagree but I'm sure there is more to this story that we haven't heard yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ADM BOORDA -16 YEARS LATER AND STILL NO AUTOPSY OR "SUICIDE" LETTERS RELEASED

How about this story.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q91RZko5Gw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ADM BOORDA -16 YEARS LATER AND STILL NO AUTOPSY OR "SUICIDE" LETTERS RELEASED

Mike Boorda was CNO after I left the Navy, and I still respected what he did for the fleet. Pretty awesome guy, and (IMHO) no way did he do himself in. Put him on the same shelf as JFK's assassination and the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa......things we'll likely never learn the truth about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salty Old Dog View Post
    Mike Boorda was CNO after I left the Navy, and I still respected what he did for the fleet. Pretty awesome guy, and (IMHO) no way did he do himself in. Put him on the same shelf as JFK's assassination and the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa......things we'll likely never learn the truth about.

There are many who say that Junior Seau would never have killed himself either. Look how that turned out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was stationed at Fort Meade, which is in the DC metro area, at that time. I remember that day distinctly. I was on my way to work for the 1600-2400 shift and heard the breaking report on WTOP news radio. Initially there were some reports of what was contained in the two letters he left. One of them, the one he left to “his sailors,” discussed the Newsweek magazine report about the valor “V” he wore. But leading up to his suicide there we several incidents…some at the USNA…that brought discredit upon the Navy in general. He was fed up with all the bad press. So, in light of that, he declared that he would make an example of the next sailor that caused such bad press with the national media. That sailor just happened to be him...with regard to the question about the valor "V"...and some speculate that that is why he took his life. CNN report from that day: http://www.cnn.com/US/9605/16/boorda.6p/

I had the opportunity to meet him personally when he was CINCUSNAVEUR. I was stationed in Rota, Spain at the time and he came down to our Navy Day Ball one year. Very nice and approachable. Easy to talk to.

Dan
    CTOC(AW), USN, Retired

Recruit Training Command (Company 50), Orlando, FL Dec 1981-Jan 1982; CTO "A" and "C" schools NTTC Corry Station, Pensacola, FL Feb-Oct 1982; USS Saratoga (CV-60) 1982-1985; USS Forrestal (CV-59) 1985-1988; ONI Det Naval War College, Newport, RI 1988-1991; NAVSECGRUACT Terceira Island, Azores, Portugal 1991-1992; NAVSECGRUACT Rota, Spain 1992-1995; National Security Agency, Fort Meade, MD 1995-1998; USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67) 1998-2001.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ADM Boorda -16 Years later and still no autopsy or "suicide" letters released.

I believe if you search for Operation White Stallion you will be on the right track for finding the truth.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I remember when this happen.