Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When is it okay to get hurt?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question When is it okay to get hurt?

I have been having a persistent pain that has been progressively getting worst and going to the Doctor...sorry the Medical Hobby Shop soon.

I am wondering if it is an okay time to go...since I am a piece of crap and score below a 90 on my PT test, I have to test twice a year. My next test is due in a couple months.

Is this far enough out to avoid perceptions of just going to the clinic for a profile to avoid the PT test?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: When is it okay to get hurt?

It sickens me that this is the environment our senior managementship has cultivated. It's just flat out wrong.

Screw the wankers that may think idiotic thoughts and go take care of yourself. No one else will. Good luck.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VFF, get EVERYTHING medically documented...no matter how slight or insignificant it may seem, no matter if everyone in your squadron calls you a 6 foot vag....when you leave the military, you will deal with VA disability and existing injuries as a result of military service. Those blood farts who give you the stink eye won't be around when you're out of the military. Screw them and what they think. Look out for # 1.
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't think twice about going to the Docs.

Two things are blindingly obvious...

1. As stated above - No one else will take care of you. You are the best judge of weather you are in sufficient discomfort to seek medical care.

2. Who cares about the perception? If you come away from the Clinic with a legitimate treatment regiment then who can claim you were "gold bricking"???

And for the record - I agree with Shrike... "We" have cultivated a really sad atmosphere in the AF...
    Don't thank me... Thank my recruiter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    VFF, get EVERYTHING medically documented...no matter how slight or insignificant it may seem, no matter if everyone in your squadron calls you a 6 foot vag....when you leave the military, you will deal with VA disability and existing injuries as a result of military service. Those blood farts who give you the stink eye won't be around when you're out of the military. Screw them and what they think. Look out for # 1.
    ABSOLUTELY! Once you retire, you're no longer as asset to the AF, just a liability. They won't care what you did during your active duty, they just see as you as another pension to be paid. Take care of yourself, and, as previously stated, get everything documented.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

F** the folks that might look down on you, get to the Doc. I struggled with "shin splints" for almost five years, after a deployment got a referral to an ortho doc who, after performing some rather painful tests, slapped my ass on the operating table a couple of times. The AF will take out of you what you give it, and afterwards they won't give a crap how F'd up you are....that is the VA's problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you have a valid need to go, go and to hell with perceptions. Goal 1 is of course to get you fully fit for duty, but Goal 2 is to document everything that's wrong with you now that wasn't wrong with you when you initially entered military service.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Go. But expect the eye of suspicion to lay upon ye. I went in for some pain - pretty severe pain - and even though I said I didn't want a profile I got the eye roll. But I also got an MRI ordered - which, once I got it, showed indisputable, graphic proof that this isn't in my head nor am I angling for a profile for the test.

You have to love it when the MRI techs go - "Aren't you in pain?" just from the images alone....
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GO GO GO!!! If you don't, you will put yourself into the same position I put myself in because I cared more about perception than what was best for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go.

/thread.