Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Cuts and Politicians

JD2780

Re: Military Cuts and Politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Interesting to see fights lining up with the military cuts...
    not sure who is more corrupt, the politicians or the corrupt military establishment...
    Governors and such taking military to task to help their states, in spite of the country...
    Gotta love america, corruption in every walk of life...they talk about ethics and
    we had a sitting president getting head in the white house behind his wifes back,
    but oh yeah we shouldnt worry about what people do in their private life.
    In that case after work I'll go castrate a sleeping midget donkey and fondle a
    mcdonald worker who has down syndrome but can handle the fries, all the while
    beating a dozen eggs in a prostitues hobo dick cheese.
    I'm sure you do, but you know they can task the Guard to help out thier states right? I THINK you eluding to the worry about losing jobs at whatever plants are in thier state.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its the job of the governors and elected officials to represent their constituents, that is what they are elected for. My governor better damn well fight something that is going to have a negative impact on my state. Yes, everyone will fight, that is why we have a congress, at some point it will be a give and take at the federal level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TVANSCOT View Post
    Its the job of the governors and elected officials to represent their constituents, that is what they are elected for. My governor better damn well fight something that is going to have a negative impact on my state. Yes, everyone will fight, that is why we have a congress, at some point it will be a give and take at the federal level.
    Um, all elected (and appointed) officials have two duties: represent the interests of their constituents while also considering the good of everybody else i.e., if we don't need a base in a particular place anymore, we can help everybody (including their constituents) in the long run by reducing costs and using resources more efficiently.

What doesn't get talked about a lot is that while they are "helping" their constituents by keeping a base/factory/etc open, they are doing it on the backs of the other tax payers while the other representatives are doing the exact same thing

Funny when representative A's constituents are really happy that their representative kept their surplus base open at the same time that they are b**ching about how much money other representatives are "wasting" on "pork projects" for their constituents.
    Perfect is the enemy of good enough.
    The pursuit of excellence only for the sake of achieving excellence is a waste:
    Time and energy spent pursuing excellence in one area is
    time and energy that could have been used to improve in another area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CLSE View Post
    Um, all elected (and appointed) officials have two duties: represent the interests of their constituents while also considering the good of everybody else i.e., if we don't need a base in a particular place anymore, we can help everybody (including their constituents) in the long run by reducing costs and using resources more efficiently.

What doesn't get talked about a lot is that while they are "helping" their constituents by keeping a base/factory/etc open, they are doing it on the backs of the other tax payers while the other representatives are doing the exact same thing

Funny when representative A's constituents are really happy that their representative kept their surplus base open at the same time that they are b**ching about how much money other representatives are "wasting" on "pork projects" for their constituents.
    "Considering the good of everybody else" is a dangerous proposition...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a feeling that a good bit of the fighting by politicians is show for their constituents. Some of them "may" be smart enough to see the value but they have to be able to at least show their constituents they fought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"while also considering the good of everybody else"... ummm that is not typically a platform someone will run on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Like Santorum says:

"Well, I was made to vote for spending money on their program...so I offset it by adding spending on my program."

Tak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat23 View Post
    Are you drunk? :twitch
    I don't drink...I just spit game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I don't drink...I just spit game
    .................................................. ................yeah, I got nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Like Santorum says:

"Well, I was made to vote for spending money on their program...so I offset it by adding spending on my program."
    :spy "More continuing resolutions coming 'SOON'!" (Now that's the cats PAJAMAS!!) Got it 'RRC'??