Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: No course 14, no CCAF = Forced retirement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No course 14, no CCAF = Forced retirement

I'm hearing rumors that SNCOs without a Course 14 or CCAF and retirement eligilbe will have to retire or complete the requirements in 12 months. Having said that, 65% of the SNCOs my group have not completed both Crs 14 and a CCAF.

Anybody heard this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: No course 14, no CCAF = Forced retirement

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post
    I'm hearing rumors that SNCOs without a Course 14 or CCAF and retirement eligilbe will have to retire or complete the requirements in 12 months. Having said that, 65% of the SNCOs my group have not completed both Crs 14 and a CCAF.

Anybody heard this?
    Hadn't heard it, but it doesn't pass my sniff test as presented. It sounds like a dandy way to circumvent the promotion ADSC: Pin on MSgt, blow off Course 14 or CCAF, forced retirement, profit.

Tak

Tak

Now you have up to 72 months to do it...I think it used to be 12 though...I can't see it be required to stay past 20...I remember years ago for a short time they were retiring C coded people over 20, that got reversed very quickly. Even if you do Course 14 and have CCAF, you may not get SRE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fufu View Post

Anybody heard this?
    I haven't heard of it but if there is any truth to it, then there may be some MSgt slots opening up for me in the near future. CCAF is done and Course 14 nearly finished.
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

FLAPS

I haven't heard about this, but I think it's a GREAT idea. CCAF can be knocked out following completion of your CDC EOC test (as a A1C), and Crs 14 can be taken care of as a TSgt. It's only five tests that can reasonably be done in less than five months....if that.

If you are going to kick people out of the AF to get the numbers down, might as well go after those who clearly don't care about professional development.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I remember getting my ass reamed for not having Course 14 done and I hadn't even sewn the frapping stripe on yet? Chiefs in the cops are pretty hard over on that stuff (in my experience anyway). Of course we just called it the SNCO Academy Correspondence Course and it was in books!!!!!!

From what I understand it was easier in my day as you had two tests (Module A and Module B). If you scanned and looked up the answers to the practice questions at the end of each chapter and then used that as a study guide you could pass. Which is a good thing because the content was absolutely brain numbing. The only thing I read from start to finish was a monograph by VADM Stockdale. Brilliant guy.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    I haven't heard about this, but I think it's a GREAT idea. CCAF can be knocked out following completion of your CDC EOC test (as a A1C), and Crs 14 can be taken care of as a TSgt. It's only five tests that can reasonably be done in less than five months....if that.

If you are going to kick people out of the AF to get the numbers down, might as well go after those who clearly don't care about professional development.
    I tend to agree that this is a good idea, though there are better ones out there.

I'm not a huge proponent of the "up or out" mentality...however, I do think that service beyond 20 years should be a "privilege at the strict convenience of the AF"....i.e. no med waivers, extended profiles, edcuation deferment, senior in HS deferment, etc., etc....after 20, you're either all-in or it's time to go, no harm no foul.

It should be very EASY for the commander to terminate the service of +20 yrs folks...and I would imagine that if they would do that...that no CCAF/Crse 14 folks would probably be in that list...but, I'd still start with the broken bodies who can't deploy or PCS first.

Tak

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post

Hey FLAPS stick to your officer knowledge, not all TSgts can do it.
    "Taken care of as a TSgt"...Who has been a TSgt 2 years and Who has been to the NCOA...

Tak

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I tend to agree that this is a good idea, though there are better ones out there.

I'm not a huge proponent of the "up or out" mentality...however, I do think that service beyond 20 years should be a "privilege at the strict convenience of the AF"....i.e. no med waivers, extended profiles, edcuation deferment, senior in HS deferment, etc., etc....after 20, you're either all-in or it's time to go, no harm no foul.

It should be very EASY for the commander to terminate the service of +20 yrs folks...and I would imagine that if they would do that...that no CCAF/Crse 14 folks would probably be in that list...but, I'd still start with the broken bodies who can't deploy or PCS first.
    Hyt for msgt is 24, why should they not get to stay past 20...