Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I support the peeing Marines

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: I support the peeing Marines

Quote Originally Posted by jaymarine1775 View Post
    "In war there is no moral high ground". - The dead body should be an example to others, psychology.
    There is not only a moral high ground, it is arguably the #1 most important high ground to control. We have complete and total air superiority, overwhelming fire superiority, and in many cases superior numbers (The Marines in Marjah by far outnumber any local Taliban present) - but all that means dick if we play the role as the aggressive imperialists and unify everyone in the Middle East against us. If we do that, eventual defeat is inevitable, no matter how much military hardware we have.

"In war honor is meeting your enemy in the arena". - Nation building doesn't defeat warriors, warriors defeat warriors.
    Superior logistics and economic policy will always win, no matter how great the warriors are. It doesn't matter how badass you are if you're outnumbered 20 to 1 and just ran out of ammo.

"In war there is only one thing you need to know". - The quick walk out of the arena, the dead bleed on the sand.
    "In war only the dead have seen the end of it". - Self Explanatory.
    Nice maxims, but not particularly relevant, or even useful.

"In war violence is the answer". - The people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki agree with this, the people of Haditha agree with this.
    Sort of. What were the objectives of the nuclear strikes on Japan? There were two:

1) Defeat Japan. Irrelevant, Japan was already defeated, and running out of food, their surrender was inevitable with or without the nukes.

2) Show the USSR that America had a monopoly on nukes, and were willing to use them against civilians... a display of "shock and awe" so to speak. Didn't work. The Soviets laughed at us and got their own nuclear arsenal within a few years.

You take humans and put them in a fight against people who will torture and behead you if they capture you. Who will drag your body through the street if you are dead. Who have killed your friends with IEDs and small arms.
    And vica versa. We'll kill or torture any Taliban we catch. It's THAT kind of war.

These Marines did nothing wrong urinating on Taliban bodies, they could of defecated on them for all I care I would of looked the other way like the NCOs out there with them most likely did. However the tactical error was videotaping it, not because of it getting them in trouble. Because it gives the enemy something to use, propaganda.
    Even without videotaping it, the act was stupid. We may not give a shit about the Afghan people, but they are the most important factor in "winning" this war. If they see us desecrating the corpses of their neighbors and cousins, they will hate us for it.

All humans doing something as unnatural as killing have to deal with somehow. Not because anyone likes to fight or likes to kill, but it has be done. If you are someone who has to kill what the organization teaches you is limited what you go out and study on your own as a warrior, is what makes a more proficient killer. It is the difference between a warrior who can handle any situation and one who will die when they can't handle the situation, when they only study an MOS number.
    All true. I agree absolutely. But if the politicians and the DoD choose to send people into that kind of situation... they had better have a damn good reason for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raider8169 View Post
    Do we have a rule against peeing on someone? What if the corpses were on fire and we had no other way to put it out?

That reminds me of a time at PTA on the Big Island and Marines having to put out some fires.
    The state tends to expand in proportion to its means of existence and to live beyond its means, and these are, in the last analysis, nothing but the substance of the people. Woe to the people that cannot limit the sphere of action of the state! Freedom, private enterprise, wealth, happiness, independence, personal dignity, all vanish. - Frederic Bastiat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is Secretary Clinton commenting? Hmm, probably because the Marines' actions affect diplomatic interests. I'm sure more than a few people from State are working taskers generated solely because of this.

"How can we expect these killers to behave normally when they are surrounded by insanity?" Because they're not just hired guns, they're United States Marines. They're not supposed to be mere killers, but killers under discipline.

If the Marines' conduct were commonplace, it wouldn't be news. I haven't seen a bunch of combat vets jumping in to defend the right of U.S. personnel to piss on the enemy, and my retired REMF self sees no reason to defend it either.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The dead know only one thing. It is better to be alive. Then they wouldn't get peed on!
    Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop, TSgt, USAF
    Deputy Executive Assistant for the Assistant Deputy Chief
    HQ COBRA
    867-5309
    :ranger

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do taskers on their behalf.

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer!"- Arnold Schwarzenegger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're dealing with an enemy that isn't concerned about losing their life. However, they are very deeply concerned about losing their afterlife. Maybe that's what needs to be taken away.

Ham implants.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellJD1969 View Post
    That reminds me of a time at PTA on the Big Island and Marines having to put out some fires.

PTA was the shit. It was like being TDY with out the hassle of flying 5 1/2 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaymarine1775 View Post
    "In war there is no moral high ground". - The dead body should be an example to others, psychology.
    "In war honor is meeting your enemy in the arena". - Nation building doesn't defeat warriors, warriors defeat warriors.
    "In war there is only one thing you need to know". - The quick walk out of the arena, the dead bleed on the sand.
    "In war only the dead have seen the end of it". - Self Explanatory.
    "In war violence is the answer". - The people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki agree with this, the people of Haditha agree with this.

Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"
    Oh for the love of Christ...
    Self-worth and pride only follow demonstrated ability, and all the self-help books in the world won't change that. Mr. Miyagi didn't teach the Karate Kid to believe in himself. He taught him how to kick people in the f*cking head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People are entitled to all sorts of opinions on the matter. Mine is I would be absolutely fine if they got the old dull blade responsible for the beheading videos all those years back and cut off the offending appendages of these four individuals, and broadcast that on YouTube. The stupidity of these four will undoubtedly contribute to the deaths of more than four thousand (American and Afghan) over the long term because like Joe said, this is a severe detriment to our entire ability to effectively work with the good ones (yes there are those also) in the future. Absent complete abandonment of the entire country tomorrow, these idiots are putting the lives of countless numbers of their own brothers and sisters in our military at risk by providing their Jihad propagandists with all of the fodder they need to continue this tripe facsimile of a war indefinitely.

It pains me to read the complaints fielded by the grand propagandist himself Osama Bin Laden and to find that in fact many of his allegations against us are somewhat justified when viewed from a "if it were to happen to us" perspective. The actions of these four added yet another "transgression" to the list, and a bleaker outlook for a future where we can move away from this self-destructive lifestyle of warfarism in our overseas foreign policy. I don't mind for a minute throwing these traitors under a bus, and I hope it's packed full of passengers for the fullest effect.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    People are entitled to all sorts of opinions on the matter. Mine is I would be absolutely fine if they got the old dull blade responsible for the beheading videos all those years back and cut off the offending appendages of these four individuals, and broadcast that on YouTube. The stupidity of these four will undoubtedly contribute to the deaths of more than four thousand (American and Afghan) over the long term because like Joe said, this is a severe detriment to our entire ability to effectively work with the good ones (yes there are those also) in the future. Absent complete abandonment of the entire country tomorrow, these idiots are putting the lives of countless numbers of their own brothers and sisters in our military at risk by providing their Jihad propagandists with all of the fodder they need to continue this tripe facsimile of a war indefinitely.

It pains me to read the complaints fielded by the grand propagandist himself Osama Bin Laden and to find that in fact many of his allegations against us are somewhat justified when viewed from a "if it were to happen to us" perspective. The actions of these four added yet another "transgression" to the list, and a bleaker outlook for a future where we can move away from this self-destructive lifestyle of warfarism in our overseas foreign policy. I don't mind for a minute throwing these traitors under a bus, and I hope it's packed full of passengers for the fullest effect.
    And now we see the two extremes.

On the one side we have people wanting to give these guys a medal and talking about how much worse they would have treated the enemy dead. And on the other we have... this. Castration? Traitors? Hyperbole.

I had thought my melodrama meter couldn't get pegged any further than the guy who spouted all those tired, cliche' lines about "the arena" and what it means to be a "warrior". It appears I was wrong.
    Self-worth and pride only follow demonstrated ability, and all the self-help books in the world won't change that. Mr. Miyagi didn't teach the Karate Kid to believe in himself. He taught him how to kick people in the f*cking head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my first reaction when i heard this was, laughing. "they PISSED on them??"
    my next reaction was, who screwed up and got it filmed??

i think if the truth was ever told (and it probably shouldn't be, at this point), they guys in WW1, WW2, vietnam did much worse. and what the hell do you expect? sitting on a couch, beer, pop corn, watching the news, and you have a right to say something about the guys in the field? i quote a saying the vietnam vets like "if you ain't been there, shut your mouth".
    and since i ain't been there, i can only guess why they did it. at least i put some time on ad, unlike a lot of the morons.