Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Co-ed Locker Room experience... I'm tired of living a lie!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: My Co-ed Locker Room experience... I'm tired of living a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt HULK View Post
    great thread, you will also never have a serious answer. i asked this same question last yr,.

I even asked it at a commanders call. All you will get is tripping over uh hmmm haaahhs blah blah

no response,
    Bull...it's been answered many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Societal norm, not to protect against ogling, sexual assault, and rape, it never was. Why do people fail to make this distinction?
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
    This is probably the stupidest and most poignant question raised by the DADT debate.

Its stupid because straights have been showering with gays FOR EVER. That DADT is gone changes absolutly nothing except now straights have the ability to avoid gays in the shower if they are that bothered by it. Aparently male heterosexuals suffer from some form of mental retardation when it comes to bathing. Once in the shower they lose all common sense and can not, for the life of them, seem to figure out that they don't have to be naked at the same time as someone else. Wierd.

Its poignant because if we were a more evolved society, communal showers would be the norm and the naked human form wouldn't be something to be ashamed of and hidden. But this goes quickly back to stupidity because some straight men insist on demonstrating how ignorant and perverted they are. Their arguments aren't born of an enlightened world view where nakedness is no longer sinonomous with shame, they're born of their desire to be letcherous dirt bags who have a serious misconseption of homosexuals' ability to behave professionaly. Way to think with your dicks, asshats.
    Fine, you're right...straights have been showering with gays FOR EVER. Point in your favor. That being said...gays have been banned from the military for ever, short of lying about it. They just let them in with the DADT repeal. Changes happen. Why can't we accept that while things are perfect, some of the issues being brought up are completely legit. You claim that homosexuals can behave professionally while showering with their preferred sexual partners (no this doesn't mean every gay man will suddenly want to have sex with every man in the shower), why is it you can't say the same thing about heterosexuals showering with their preferred sexual partners?? Why aren't those equal? You claim that hetero's just want to be lecherous dirt bags. While I'm sure there are some who would be, the same can be said of gay men.

While this isn't "Starship Troopers" and won't be for a very long time I'm sure, sometimes it takes changing the rules and allowing people to adapt to the new rules before people get used to them.

If you want equality, demand it in all aspects. Not just the ones you favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matai View Post
    Fine, you're right...straights have been showering with gays FOR EVER. Point in your favor. That being said...gays have been banned from the military for ever, short of lying about it. They just let them in with the DADT repeal. Changes happen. Why can't we accept that while things are perfect, some of the issues being brought up are completely legit. You claim that homosexuals can behave professionally while showering with their preferred sexual partners (no this doesn't mean every gay man will suddenly want to have sex with every man in the shower), why is it you can't say the same thing about heterosexuals showering with their preferred sexual partners?? Why aren't those equal? You claim that hetero's just want to be lecherous dirt bags. While I'm sure there are some who would be, the same can be said of gay men.

While this isn't "Starship Troopers" and won't be for a very long time I'm sure, sometimes it takes changing the rules and allowing people to adapt to the new rules before people get used to them.

Absolutely nothing is preventing you from trying to change military policy to allow men & women to shower together. As a gay man I have no problem with that. I also think all bathrooms should be unisex as well. What difference does it make if you're crapping next to a man or a woman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We'd probably save money if all facilities were "open" to one and all. Just takes getting used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matai View Post

I do support co-ed showers. I just don't think all the straight men on this thread actually support it for the right reasons. They think they should have the equal right to look at what they find sexually attractive. They don't and they are dirt bags. I don't have the right to look at your junk in the shower either. Eyes forward, get clean, and get out. If someone is leering at you in the shower, sort of like how some straight leer at females regardless of their current dress, that is sexual harassment and you should go tell someone up your chain of command.
    HM2

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Neither do i feel a majority would want it for the right reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Neither do i feel a majority would want it for the right reasons.
    Then they need to stop prefecing their arguments with "well if gays get to shower with their perfered sexual partners why can't straights shower with the the oposite sex?" They sound like idiots and lose all credibility.
    HM2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Perhaps the statements about straights showering with the opposite sex is more an illustrative devil's advocate observation. I for one don't want to shower with the opposite sex (as a group....one on one is always ok). However, I see these remarks as thought provoking and illustrating other issues which some seem to want to pretend aren't there.

No offense to our gay posters but I think much too much credit is being given with the assumption that a gay person would not engage in gawking etc but that a straight person would. I think most straight men would do everything they could to NOT look but would 'sneak' looks because it is in part biology. You may not like it but it is biology.

Now........why is my assertion any less valid than anyone else's?

I have said it before and will repeat it. This situation is far more complicated than some would like to believe. As other posters have stated.....it will take time and patience on the part of ALL to bring this back to normal.

On another thread there was discussion of the spouses of same-sex couples when the military member is deployed and how much support they would receive. I thought of the organizations like the Army's FRG and would hope that these groups will embrace these spouses (or even significant others as I hope they do with the SOs of unmarried man-woman couples). I don't think we will see it widespread this year but perhaps soon.

It is complicated. Sometimes life is just too complicated for 'tearing the band-aid off'.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To the OP...grow up. You have been living under the same rules for whatever portion of the last 16 years that you have been in. The DoD decided that the same rules that apply in the civilian sector apply in the military. These rules are based on GENDER not seuxal preference...you don't like it, do something to change it. However this issue has nothing to do with the repeal of DADT.

Quote Originally Posted by TJMAC77SP View Post
    On another thread there was discussion of the spouses of same-sex couples when the military member is deployed and how much support they would receive. I thought of the organizations like the Army's FRG and would hope that these groups will embrace these spouses (or even significant others as I hope they do with the SOs of unmarried man-woman couples). I don't think we will see it widespread this year but perhaps soon.
    They get nothing because they are authorized nothing. They aren't married in the eyes of the DoD and thus are not eligible to participate. They don't do shyte for boyfriends/girlfriends either... I guess if they were pushy enough and had an ID card, maybe they could weasel their way into the group but other than that....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings