Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Co-ed Locker Room experience... I'm tired of living a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My Co-ed Locker Room experience... I'm tired of living a lie!

Funny thing happened to me at the gym today...

When I (a male) went into the female locker rooms to shower several of the women in the locker room got upset. Seems they felt uncomfortable with a heterosexual in the same locker room as them potentially watching them undress. I tried to explain to them that I had no intention of oogling them, made no overt signs of interest, I was a professional, and they needed to be professional about it too. Besides, seperate but equal showering, billeting and bathroom facilities smacked of segregation and we know how terrible that is. Can you image the cost and logistical nightmare if we had to create seperate living and bathroom facilities for every gender?

For some reason, I still can't explain why, I was asked to leave by the women and the gym staff. I guess all those women and the gym staff are heterophobes and haters.

I pray for the day when I can shower, bathe and serve with heterosexuals of both genders without fear of discrimination, hate and potential discharge from the military. I'm tired of having to live this secret life. ray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Co-ed Locker Room experience... I'm tired of living a lie!

I second that sunshine. It's only "fair" that males and females shall shower together---seems to be the leaning of this great AF anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This post really made my day. Thannks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine52 View Post
    Funny thing happened to me at the gym today...

When I (a male) went into the female locker rooms to shower several of the women in the locker room got upset. Seems they felt uncomfortable with a heterosexual in the same locker room as them potentially watching them undress. I tried to explain to them that I had no intention of oogling them, made no overt signs of interest, I was a professional, and they needed to be professional about it too. Besides, seperate but equal showering, billeting and bathroom facilities smacked of segregation and we know how terrible that is. Can you image the cost and logistical nightmare if we had to create seperate living and bathroom facilities for every gender?

For some reason, I still can't explain why, I was asked to leave by the women and the gym staff. I guess all those women and the gym staff are heterophobes and haters.

I pray for the day when I can shower, bathe and serve with heterosexuals of both genders without fear of discrimination, hate and potential discharge from the military. I'm tired of having to live this secret life. ray
    Maybe that's why they got so upset....because you weren't rising to the occasion!

"Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As a gay man I'd have no problem with co-ed showers. Neither would the lesbians. So go ahead and fight for that if you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uhm, no Rosie O'Donnell type lesbians please, and you've got yourself a deal!!!

"Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeTheSheeple View Post
    As a gay man I'd have no problem with co-ed showers. Neither would the lesbians. So go ahead and fight for that if you want.
    The issue isn't that gay men or lesbian women wouldn't have a problem with co-ed showers, it's that heterosexual women would. Heterosexual men are told to just "suck it up" if they have to shower, bathe, undress, billet with gay men, but we as an institution go to all measures to ensure women don't have to "suck it up". It is a policy that is clearly unequal and unfair.

So why is one discriminatory policy OK and not the other? Why isn't there a hue and cry from the ACLU suing the DoD to stop this injustice? Where is the media interviewing men who just want the right to use public facilities like everyone else. Where is the Military Times reporter questioning the SecDef on the huge waste in money and materials building seperate gender specific facilities. Where is the civil rights leader proclaiming that seperate but equal is a slap in the face to the sacrifices of the great MLK?

Because liberal hypocricy is OK if it's directed against heterosexual men.

Fundamentally an unequal policy, (i.e forcing heterosexuals to "suck it up" about living with gays), is a flawed policy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah man, heterosexual men are totally being oppressed by not being able to see boobs and vaginas in the showers.

And to think, some people were worried about gays turning the military into a bunch of quivering crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should have told them you were a lesbian trapped in a man's body.
    Disclaimer: All of the above statements may/may not be based on true events. Your comprehension will vary, based upon literacy, basic understanding of the English language, and most recent bowel movement (or lack thereof). No resemblance to any persons living, dead, undead or co-existing in a parallel universe is intended.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Or said "Its ok, i am gay"