Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Co-ed Locker Room experience... I'm tired of living a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Co-ed Locker Room experience... I'm tired of living a lie!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine52 View Post
    The issue isn't that gay men or lesbian women wouldn't have a problem with co-ed showers, it's that heterosexual women would. Heterosexual men are told to just "suck it up" if they have to shower, bathe, undress, billet with gay men, but we as an institution go to all measures to ensure women don't have to "suck it up". It is a policy that is clearly unequal and unfair.

So why is one discriminatory policy OK and not the other? Why isn't there a hue and cry from the ACLU suing the DoD to stop this injustice? Where is the media interviewing men who just want the right to use public facilities like everyone else. Where is the Military Times reporter questioning the SecDef on the huge waste in money and materials building seperate gender specific facilities. Where is the civil rights leader proclaiming that seperate but equal is a slap in the face to the sacrifices of the great MLK?

Because liberal hypocricy is OK if it's directed against heterosexual men.

Fundamentally an unequal policy, (i.e forcing heterosexuals to "suck it up" about living with gays), is a flawed policy.
    I completely agree! All joking aside, I too have noticed that our institutionalized way of thinking allows for more lee-way when it comes to women than it comes to men....even the whole SARC debacle is aimed to make men out like they are all perpetrators who are awaiting to be caught. Any such talk of a more common-sensed approach to what I call "universal rights" is something our archaic system is still behind the power curve on. I honestly think it will take another act of Congress (and a Libertarian President) to make the military truly equal.
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny thing happened to me at the gym today...

When I (a male) went into the female locker rooms to shower several of the women in the locker room got upset. Seems they felt uncomfortable with a heterosexual in the same locker room as them potentially watching them undress. I tried to explain to them that I had no intention of oogling them, made no overt signs of interest, I was a professional, and they needed to be professional about it too. Besides, seperate but equal showering, billeting and bathroom facilities smacked of segregation and we know how terrible that is. Can you image the cost and logistical nightmare if we had to create seperate living and bathroom facilities for every gender?

For some reason, I still can't explain why, I was asked to leave by the women and the gym staff. I guess all those women and the gym staff are heterophobes and haters.

I pray for the day when I can shower, bathe and serve with heterosexuals of both genders without fear of discrimination, hate and potential discharge from the military. I'm tired of having to live this secret life. ray
    A most excellent post! I've been saying exactly this for quite some time. Amazing how hetero's are labeled as "homophobes", but when women don't want guys in their showers/restrooms/dorm rooms, they're not a "heterophobe".

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

New word of the day. Hetrophobe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even the most insipid individuals such as Sunshine and Bullitt have showered next to homosexual men in the locker rooms, and didn't know it. In fact, straight men look just like gay men, and gay men look just like straight men.

Perhaps, OP, that the women in the locker room were disgusted at your shriveled excuse for a male appendage.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Funny thing happened to me at the gym today...

When I (a male) went into the female locker rooms to shower several of the women in the locker room got upset. Seems they felt uncomfortable with a heterosexual in the same locker room as them potentially watching them undress. I tried to explain to them that I had no intention of oogling them, made no overt signs of interest, I was a professional, and they needed to be professional about it too. Besides, seperate but equal showering, billeting and bathroom facilities smacked of segregation and we know how terrible that is. Can you image the cost and logistical nightmare if we had to create seperate living and bathroom facilities for every gender?

For some reason, I still can't explain why, I was asked to leave by the women and the gym staff. I guess all those women and the gym staff are heterophobes and haters.

I pray for the day when I can shower, bathe and serve with heterosexuals of both genders without fear of discrimination, hate and potential discharge from the military. I'm tired of having to live this secret life. ray
    Apparently nobody has asked this question, so I'll ask it... ahem... are you a cross-dresser?

Quote Originally Posted by Parn View Post
    Yeah man, heterosexual men are totally being oppressed by not being able to see boobs and vaginas in the showers.

And to think, some people were worried about gays turning the military into a bunch of quivering crybabies.
    Its completely outrageous that if I want to see boobs and vagina I either have to go to a strip club and pay them, or convince a girl to have sex with me. Or if that fails pay her to do it too.

The issue isn't that gay men or lesbian women wouldn't have a problem with co-ed showers, it's that heterosexual women would. Heterosexual men are told to just "suck it up" if they have to shower, bathe, undress, billet with gay men, but we as an institution go to all measures to ensure women don't have to "suck it up". It is a policy that is clearly unequal and unfair.

So why is one discriminatory policy OK and not the other? Why isn't there a hue and cry from the ACLU suing the DoD to stop this injustice? Where is the media interviewing men who just want the right to use public facilities like everyone else. Where is the Military Times reporter questioning the SecDef on the huge waste in money and materials building seperate gender specific facilities. Where is the civil rights leader proclaiming that seperate but equal is a slap in the face to the sacrifices of the great MLK?

Because liberal hypocricy is OK if it's directed against heterosexual men.

Fundamentally an unequal policy, (i.e forcing heterosexuals to "suck it up" about living with gays), is a flawed policy.
    Liberals are NOT hypocrites. In fact, as an ACLU donator, I'll pick up the phone and inform them immediately that they need to take this case. Think of the potential legislation! I think we should call it "The Viewing of Boobs and Vagina Freedom Act".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

great thread, you will also never have a serious answer. i asked this same question last yr,.

I even asked it at a commanders call. All you will get is tripping over uh hmmm haaahhs blah blah

no response,

even better are deployed environments where folks are losing stripes over being in same room with opposite sex but the homo's both men and women are F'ing their brains off now LOL

ibhate
    I Support unisex bathrooms and unisex lockerroom..:biggrin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So silly...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh God gays are so scary, I'm going up to my barracks room with my potentially gay roommate for a good cry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are idiots still seriously arguing this?

Look, if you want a starship troopers setup, fix the childishness of the vast majority of the population.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is probably the stupidest and most poignant question raised by the DADT debate.

Its stupid because straights have been showering with gays FOR EVER. That DADT is gone changes absolutly nothing except now straights have the ability to avoid gays in the shower if they are that bothered by it. Aparently male heterosexuals suffer from some form of mental retardation when it comes to bathing. Once in the shower they lose all common sense and can not, for the life of them, seem to figure out that they don't have to be naked at the same time as someone else. Wierd.

Its poignant because if we were a more evolved society, communal showers would be the norm and the naked human form wouldn't be something to be ashamed of and hidden. But this goes quickly back to stupidity because some straight men insist on demonstrating how ignorant and perverted they are. Their arguments aren't born of an enlightened world view where nakedness is no longer sinonomous with shame, they're born of their desire to be letcherous dirt bags who have a serious misconseption of homosexuals' ability to behave professionaly. Way to think with your dicks, asshats.
    HM2