Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Truth In This?

Forsaken Wombat

Re: Any Truth In This?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettGTO View Post
    Damn you are good Wombat! My orders said though that I have to recite the Creed and AF Song before I depart as part of my final out. I said it's bullshit but I gotta get outta here so I think I will cave, give in and memorize it just this once.
    You're getting off easy. I'm putting in for a Special Duty; here are some of the requirements as listed on the org site:

- Demonstrate keen awareness and astute execution of Airman's Creed and ALL AF Song verses
    - Show bake sale/squadron BBQ/professional organization involvement dating back FIVE EPRs...
    - Max waist of 29", max run time of 9:20
    - Prove capability of hitting 1/5/10 MTs, delivering "Deliverables", and MUST have a University of Maryland-University College degree.

I am scared.

ScarlettGTO

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Wombat View Post
    You're getting off easy. I'm putting in for a Special Duty; here are some of the requirements as listed on the org site:

- Demonstrate keen awareness and astute execution of Airman's Creed and ALL AF Song verses
    - Show bake sale/squadron BBQ/professional organization involvement dating back FIVE EPRs...
    - Max waist of 29", max run time of 9:20
    - Prove capability of hitting 1/5/10 MTs, delivering "Deliverables", and MUST have a University of Maryland-University College degree.

I am scared.

I know someone at ASAB you can talk to you about #1 and #4 on your list. Pretty good dude from what I hear, really mission focused, all about the welfare of his people and all about getting bombs on target and what not.

Forsaken Wombat

Another gem from the Chief:

My Space – a privilege, a responsibility

Posted 8/5/2009 Updated 8/5/2009

Commentary by Chief Master Sgt. M. Kenui Balutski
    71st Flying Training Wing command chief

8/5/2009 - VANCE AIR FORCE BASE, Okla. -- Although I used to be a computer network engineer, this article won't be about the dangers of social-networking Web sites -- or the hazards of pre-paying the Arch-Duke of Slobovia to ensure future riches because he woke-up in a bathtub of ice minus a kidney. No, this will be different.

This "My Space" story begins during the early months of 2004, when I devised an unorthodox plan that I finally executed in December of that same year.

On Dec. 1, I left my Air Education and Training Command Inspector General office at lunchtime, climbed into my GMC Yukon and hit the road to carry out my plan. At this point I was actively looking to occupy My Space.

It was my first day wearing chief master sergeant stripes. I planned to drive around Randolph AFB, Texas, and park in every designated chief parking spot on the installation.

Want to know why? The simple answer was -- because I could. But there was more to it than that.

For years I looked at those chief parking spaces as something to be occupied only if and when I met the requirements. Once I met those requirements, I'd be able to consider each one of those spots as My Space, and could then "fill the void" whenever the situation warranted.

I drove around the base, found a designated chief parking spot, pulled in, sat there for a few minutes, and then set out looking for another.

Sometimes I had to wait for someone to vacate a spot, looking like a crazed parking-space stalker in the process. After nearly an hour, I had parked in all the traditional chief spots on base. Mission completed.

I returned to my office, having done what I needed to do to illustrate what I want to share with you today.

Everyone has designated spots in their lives. We should all be filling voids when we can and spend time driving around looking for more spots to occupy at a moment's notice.

Some of us have the designated spaces which denote us as supervisor, worker, subject matter expert, disciplinarian, trainee, servant and hopefully, Wingman, leader and warrior as well.

Other priority spots in our lives may be husband, wife, mommy, daddy, confidant, coach or friend.

There is an almost endless list of spots that each of us can occupy on a daily basis. But you have to be purposeful in looking for your space, so you don't drive right by someone in need.

Be purposeful in your daily activities -- every one of them -- and never pass up an opportunity to occupy your space, even when it isn't the fun or easy thing to do.

In other words, don't leave your responsibilities void and hope someone else will take your spot for you. Hold yourself liable, accountable and responsible to carry out Air Force core value number one - Service Before Self -- whether on or off duty.

Oh yeah, this works at home as well folks. Service Before Self should be a lifestyle, not a catch phrase.

Final thought -- during my 2004 drive around I found that it was much easier to recognize the chief parking spots when they were empty. If you have vacated your spot, people who count on you to fill it will notice the emptiness.

If you still wonder why you should park in "Your Space," my answer is simple -- because you can and because others need you to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Wombat View Post
    Another gem from the Chief:
    The stench of watery vinegar is strong in that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KuwaitSNCO View Post
    Well,

Let me try to condense this entire thread for everyone, especially the new readers. The posters on here were all great leaders, saved many lives, always got the mission done, never had a failure, never lost a plane, always put the bomb on target, didn't want to make Chief because they only wanted to do the grimy and hard work and didn't want to have to play politics or suck up, a lot of them feel if one doesn't fly planes or put them in the air then one is simply an aide to the real mission workers, many battle scars from our strong powerful warriors posting on here, multiple heroes, many worked with the Army so they are better then those that haven't worked with the Army, some ate snakes, some ate the enemies, some are really good at grammar and love to correct others at it and everyone on this topic thread knows that the AF Creed was stolen from the Army and it means didly squat to the real leaders and means a lot to non-leading wannabe leaders. If you know the Creed by heart you must have nothing else to do with your time and surely aren't mission focused at all so you should quickly forget it so you have room for mission focus in your clouded mind. If a Commander does not go on a forum and pledge his support for his CCM then this commander must surely think his CCM has lost sight and must relieve him of his job so he can retire. The Air Force is falling apart because of the bad CCM and other E-9s and it has nothing to do with anything else at all.

Not so fast my friends, the Air Force is not falling apart and we are still by far the best and most powerful Air Force in the world so quit acting like it is all going to hell because of one guy's post that you all put your own spin on. I used my heavy sarcasm font in the preceding paragraph and put my own spin on a lot of your posts, but I swear I know what you meant.
    Im still on page 18 of this "best of all times" thread but i had to stop and reply to this.

KuwaitSNCO you are an even bigger tool than Cheif Tool that sent the original email. The problem that i hope you now come to realize is that we are not all YES men! Apparently this Chief can come to you with a bottle of sulfuric acid kool aid and you will drink it no question asked because you got to suck up to him so you can get a nice comfy job, award, dec or next rank.

Some of us dont care about that stuff. We care about the really important stuff that people in positions of leadership like yourself dont like to look at because of your concern on sucking up to anyone you can suck up at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch View Post
    Im still on page 18 of this "best of all times" thread but i had to stop and reply to this.

KuwaitSNCO you are an even bigger tool than Cheif Tool that sent the original email. The problem that i hope you now come to realize is that we are not all YES men! Apparently this Chief can come to you with a bottle of sulfuric acid kool aid and you will drink it no question asked because you got to suck up to him so you can get a nice comfy job, award, dec or next rank.

Some of us dont care about that stuff. We care about the really important stuff that people in positions of leadership like yourself dont like to look at because of your concern on sucking up to anyone you can suck up at.

Oh Bunch, you are so wise that I had to post again, actually a piece of dirt that fell off my frenulum the other day has as much intuition and wisdom as you do. I can assure you that sucking up to a CCM will do absolutely nothing for my career nor would I ever do that. What would you really know though, your life is so dull that on a Saturday night you are going to spend it on a forum reading 18 pages, take the time to reply to my post, and then continue on reading the other 50 pages so you can have some camaraderie with your forum buddies while you degrade people you don't even know. Now take your hand out of your pants and start typing a reply to this email so your buddies can ROTFL or ROTMFFL at your replies or give you some +1 or +1,000,000 uber cool points to make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy like that dirt that was on my frenulum. You win, way to go Charlie.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh Bunch, you are so wise that I had to post again, actually a piece of dirt that fell off my frenulum the other day has as much intuition and wisdom as you do. I can assure you that sucking up to a CCM will do absolutely nothing for my career nor would I ever do that. What would you really know though, your life is so dull that on a Saturday night you are going to spend it on a forum reading 18 pages, take the time to reply to my post, and then continue on reading the other 50 pages so you can have some camaraderie with your forum buddies while you degrade people you don't even know. Now take your hand out of your pants and start typing a reply to this email so your buddies can ROTFL or ROTMFFL at your replies or give you some +1 or +1,000,000 uber cool points to make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy like that dirt that was on my frenulum. You win, way to go Charlie.
    Ah yes, I knew the hypocrisy would come out eventually. You railed on people in general for their view point of the Chief's email, which those SELECT FEW who used personal attacks in their posts, you had a legitimate gripe over.

And then...you break out the ad hominem arguments. :doh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks like bunch struck a nerve and scored a direct hit on someones manpussy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VFFSSGT View Post
    Ah yes, I knew the hypocrisy would come out eventually. You railed on people in general for their view point of the Chief's email, which those SELECT FEW who used personal attacks in their posts, you had a legitimate gripe over.

And then...you break out the ad hominem arguments. :doh

One part was not hipocrisy since I knew he was wrong about drinking the CCM kool-aid since it wouldn't do me an ounce of good to drink any of it with my record plus I am in the ANG and it would do me no good, but you did bust me on being a hypocrit for saying that he was like the speck of dirt and I do apologize for that.

Thanks VFFSSGT for setting me straight and I am being sincere and I guess I fell into the trap.

Forsaken Wombat

Oh Bunch, you are so wise that I had to post again, actually a piece of dirt that fell off my frenulum the other day has as much intuition and wisdom as you do. (1) I can assure you that sucking up to a CCM will do absolutely nothing for my career nor would I ever do that. (2) What would you really know though, your life is so dull that on a Saturday night you are going to spend it on a forum reading 18 pages, take the time to reply to my post, and then continue on reading the other 50 pages so you can have some camaraderie with your forum buddies while you degrade people you don't even know. (3) Now take your hand out of your pants and start typing a reply to this email so your buddies can ROTFL or ROTMFFL at your replies or give you some +1 or +1,000,000 uber cool points to make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy like that dirt that was on my frenulum. (4) You win, way to go Charlie.

(1) Okay, so why did you/do you?

(2) While you come here on a "Saturday night" and read through the pages until you find a reply that strikes your raw nerve, and you decide to rail on someone you don't know, while you criticize the guy for "insulting" people he doesn't know? I think you just divided by zero, or something...

(3) Why in the world would your mind wander to his HANDS in his PANTS? Why? You're a pretty creepy/questionable SNCO...I wouldn't trust you alone with any of my young, male Airmen.

(4) At least you know when to admit you lose, because you just keep on bringing the FAIL into this forum.

Chief Balutski, quit hiding behind the KuwaitSNCO monicker.