Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Truth In This?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any Truth In This?

It's definitely real. It's available in the Chief's Corner on Ali Al-Saleem's website. What I'm wondering is, can that E-9 pass his PT test?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Must be a new Kool-Aide Command Clown. The Creed is a PME only Function and was squashed by real chiefs a long time ago. Besides, its prohibited at a number of FOB's because the Army considers it an insulting Rip-off of their Creed. Sure sounds like the guy at the Deid.....
    Hey! We finally agree with the Army on something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't think dispassionately regurgitating a creed or song without conviction is any measure of leadership or followership. There are so many things that we "should" do but don't. CSAF reading list? SNCOs are supposed to read that shit. This guy could just have easily said, "all enlisted in this wing will read the CSAF reading list and be able to answer questions about it on demand. Those who can't/don't and their supervisors are shit-bags." That's just one example too.

The fact is when you've done a good job leading your troops and following your superiors, you probably won't know it until something goes down. Example: you're out dismounted and you step on a pressure plate, knocks your ass out and frags you. All the Joes want to run up to you and your SrA #2 stops a whole company of infantry and tells them to stay put. Then he methodically clears up to you with a mine detector, finding a secondary device in the process, and gets you out of there without creating any more casualties. Who taught him that? You did. He watched and listened to everything you did because he RESPECTS you. He kept his head and did the RIGHT thing even if it wasn't the EASY thing. Believe it or not, this exact scenario has happened in the AF at least 10 times in the last 18 months.

This E9 is trying to push and measure leadership and followership using the least evolved and inconsequential benchmark available: MEMORIZATION. He'd be better off asking his people how they thought the creed applied to them. Anybody can memorize something...really, they can. But assigning meaning and getting your people to understand things happening around them helps them operate intelligently when you're not around to guide them.
    "If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha." -Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw

"Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid" -Col. David Hackworth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you should have to recite the creed word for word before you get a WAPS test booklet in the testing room. Get one word wrong? Better luck next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    I think you should have to recite the creed word for word before you get a WAPS test booklet in the testing room. Get one word wrong? Better luck next year.
    Too lenient. I support spot demotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but the mere flicker of an idea that someone out there might possibly hold that opinion makes me want to mop floors at a grocery store.
    "If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha." -Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw

"Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid" -Col. David Hackworth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    Guess what, Chief?

1. As a FGO I require my folks to focus 100% on our mission, not gay creeds that make people think they're so-called warriors.
    2. If the AF is having so much trouble getting people to memorize and recite the creed, instead of forcing them to "pretend" to give a crap, why don't you ask yourself WHY people aren't interested? If the creed was so cool, then we'd all memorize and recite it with enthusiasm.
    3. True leaders inspire their troops to WANT to follow. YOU are not inspiring anyone with your demands, threats, etc.
    4. You have ZERO control over my folks' LOEs or EPR ratings, I DO! At the end of the day, the guy/gal that successfully generates another mission, but can't seem to remember the first, second, third verse of some creed STILL gets my kudos for a job well done.
    Right on, buddy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If this is true, we have another idiot in a Command Chief position, once again proving that the position is worthless and needs to go the way of the Dodo bird. As a retired CMSgt I am embarrassed that such stupidity is out there, being propagated by someone who should know better. Guess this tool forgot his Chief's Creed....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SENDBILLMONEY View Post
    It sounds tooltastic enough to be real, but I've read (okay, and written) too many bogus ones to be sure.

I think mandatory recitations of the Creed should be performed in the manner one sees in POW propaganda videos. They should be flat, halting monotones. Extra credit should be awarded to personnel who, during the recitation, blink the word "douchery" in Morse code with their eyelids.
    Hey! Let's not forget having them wave the - Little Brown Book? - in time with the chant!

Another thought.... 5MT...five megatons....that's the amount of b.s. contained in the E-9's email.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OtisRNeedleman View Post
    Another thought.... 5MT...five megatons....that's the amount of b.s. contained in the E-9's email.
    I think it's 5 meter target, based on another email I saw from this CCM.