Page 43 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Truth In This?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any Truth In This?

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    I spoke with the Chaplain today about this. He told me that so many NCO's, SNCO's and Officers went running to him because they were having a hard time trying to learn the creed and song. He said many feared for their careers if the CCM confronted them and put them on the spot to have them recite the creed. They were afraid.

I asked, but what about the Airmen? He said only one came to him about the issue. Said his supervisor was driving him nuts because everytime he challenged him to recite the creed, his supervisor threatened him with extra duty. Appears all the Airmen know it.

So, the story goes, the Chaplain had to inform the CCM of the issue because the Chaplains were getting more work. That's all.

I asked if he thought the CCM made a mistake. He said yes. I said, "I did too." The chaplain seemed shocked. I told him I wouldn't have given everyone 50 days to learn it. I would have expected immediate compliance.

Oh well...kindler, gentler Air Force still exists.
    Wow, so you not only drink the shit-flavoured Kool-Aid, you've actually convinced yourself that it tastes like cherries! To cap it off, you seem pretty certain that being a rule-touting douche makes you a badass.

I'm not saying that I think I'm awesome because I bend the rules...I was already awesome before I bent the rules. ("Whenever I start feeling sad, I just stop and start being awesome instead" -Stinson)
    "If a man says he is not afraid of dying, he is either lying or is a Gurkha." -Field Marshall Sam Manekshaw

"Courage is being the only one who knows you're afraid" -Col. David Hackworth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EOMFD/GFYM8 View Post
    Ok, I'm going to get on my soapbox and wait for the shots to come, but my very good friend and ex-team mate who lost both eyes and his dominant arm defuzing an IED wears a shirt that has an awesome saying on it: "God Made EOD Techs Because Even Firemen Need Heros." I'm not saying I feel like a hero, but when you see it on a guy with a fragged-out face and missing arm it looks pretty BA. Pretty hard for the PJ-wearer centric crowd to beat that one...
    I don't think even firemen would have a problem with that one. If they can back it up than they can wear it. It's when I see a Sensor Operator wearing a flight suit and claiming PTSD issues while dropping quarters into a Vegas slot machine is when I wave the BS flag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I'm going to get on my soapbox and wait for the shots to come, but my very good friend and ex-team mate who lost both eyes and his dominant arm defuzing an IED wears a shirt that has an awesome saying on it: "God Made EOD Techs Because Even Firemen Need Heros." I'm not saying I feel like a hero, but when you see it on a guy with a fragged-out face and missing arm it looks pretty BA. Pretty hard for the PJ-wearer centric crowd to beat that one...
    No, it looks pretty horrible.

Listen, I don't like to go into too much detail about my experiences from when I served on an ambulance crew, but seeing enough blood, trauma, domestic disputes and death really adds up after a while. The smell of burnt flesh is perhaps the worst, and it's a smell that you never completely forget. Picking up and having to tag body parts is no Sunday afternoon stroll either....
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    True...and that is where some of my resentment comes into play when the AF insists that the world centers around the pilot.
    I'm going to have to call bull on that one. Good reason that the Air Force does, and should, center on our pilots - we're the Air Force. Like it or not, they are the reason that we're all here, the primary mission of the Air Force is flying aircraft - not finance, not security, not contracting, not supply, not training, not maintenance - and they are the ones that do it. Do they depend on everyone else to fly those missions? Sure they do, and there are few jobs out there that aren't important, but every person in the Air Force that isn't flying's (or a member of a flightcrew's) primary mission is directly, or indirectly, supporting those that do.

Popular opinion from a former E? Maybe not, but it's the truth. Just like BRUWIN up above, I stood out on the flightline when we launched those strikes our during Desert Storm and I watched the HUD tapes after they returned most nights getting an idea just what they were doing while they were gone each day. And yeah, I was there as those young guys - most not much older than we were - deplaned after watching two of their comrades blown out of the sky right there next to them (fortunately they both had survived, although we didn't know it then, and spent the rest of the war being tortured by their captors) and I was there when they walked out of Ops to the jets the next morning to do it all again...

Now, about the pilot's "frat boy" attitude. Do they tend to "play hard"? Yeah they do. Seems to me like they try their best to have some fun and make the best of the tough situation that everyone that is deployed is in - and is that a bad thing? Rather than bitching about their morale patches and Friday shirts until they were taken away, why didn't we just join them? Why didn't your squadron have a Friday night shirt? Mine did, bright red and we wore them on the flightline. The Air Force is supposed to be fun - otherwise we'll all end up sucking prunes like those who are here supporting the CCM's message. Seems to me that if someone else is seemingly having more fun than you, that's your problem, not theirs, and if you're "not allowed" you need to ball up and take it up with your supervision rather than sitting there and bitching about others.

Serving in the Air Force, especially while deployed, can be as good, or as bad, as we decide to make it (or allow it to be). If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.

Pretty dumb post a couple days from 9/11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, so you not only drink the shit-flavoured Kool-Aid, you've actually convinced yourself that it tastes like cherries! To cap it off, you seem pretty certain that being a rule-touting douche makes you a badass.

I'm not saying that I think I'm awesome because I bend the rules...I was already awesome before I bent the rules. ("Whenever I start feeling sad, I just stop and start being awesome instead" -Stinson)
    You forgot one thing. I bleed BLUE too!!!:madgrin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKopack View Post
    I'm going to have to call bull on that one. Good reason that the Air Force does, and should, center on our pilots - we're the Air Force. Like it or not, they are the reason that we're all here.
    My last three deployments I've worked for the Army. So I beg to differ...pilots are not the only reason I'm still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Comm_O View Post
    BOTTOM LINE: If your BLUF isn't Up Front it is just a BL

ROCK BOTTOM LINE: We can't have a bunch of Airmen improperly using BLUFs. Hell, BLUF has its own thread thanks to the now infamous Chief Blutarski...Chief...Blutarski...0.00
    If it's at the top of the message, wouldn't it be a BLUT? Which, come to think about it, could also become a permanent homage to BLUTarski!!!!
    Air Force standards must be uniformly known, consistently applied and non-selectively enforced.
    - Gen. Ronald R Fogleman, Air Force Chief of Staff

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Never tell people how to do things.
    Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKopack View Post
    I'm going to have to call bull on that one. Good reason that the Air Force does, and should, center on our pilots - we're the Air Force. Like it or not, they are the reason that we're all here, the primary mission of the Air Force is flying aircraft - not finance, not security, not contracting, not supply, not training, not maintenance - and they are the ones that do it. Do they depend on everyone else to fly those missions? Sure they do, and there are few jobs out there that aren't important, but every person in the Air Force that isn't flying's (or a member of a flightcrew's) primary mission is directly, or indirectly, supporting those that do.

Popular opinion from a former E? Maybe not, but it's the truth. Just like BRUWIN up above, I stood out on the flightline when we launched those strikes our during Desert Storm and I watched the HUD tapes after they returned most nights getting an idea just what they were doing while they were gone each day. And yeah, I was there as those young guys - most not much older than we were - deplaned after watching two of their comrades blown out of the sky right there next to them (fortunately they both had survived, although we didn't know it then, and spent the rest of the war being tortured by their captors) and I was there when they walked out of Ops to the jets the next morning to do it all again...

Now, about the pilot's "frat boy" attitude. Do they tend to "play hard"? Yeah they do. Seems to me like they try their best to have some fun and make the best of the tough situation that everyone that is deployed is in - and is that a bad thing? Rather than bitching about their morale patches and Friday shirts until they were taken away, why didn't we just join them? Why didn't your squadron have a Friday night shirt? Mine did, bright red and we wore them on the flightline. The Air Force is supposed to be fun - otherwise we'll all end up sucking prunes like those who are here supporting the CCM's message. Seems to me that if someone else is seemingly having more fun than you, that's your problem, not theirs, and if you're "not allowed" you need to ball up and take it up with your supervision rather than sitting there and bitching about others.

Serving in the Air Force, especially while deployed, can be as good, or as bad, as we decide to make it (or allow it to be). If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
    It used to be fun....before McPeak and Hillary both sunk their fangs into the Air Force and military respectively, giving us this bastard Frankenstein creation we have now. The last time I remember any remote 'fun' in the Air Force is when I PCS'd to Kunsan in 1995 and it operated like a college campus without the drugs.....since then Big Blue has pseudo-corporatized and places that used to be fun (like Kunsan) now feel like prison camps but just without the drugs.....
    "Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    You forgot one thing. I bleed BLUE too!!!:madgrin
    Don't tell me, let me guess...You pee and poop BLUE as well, don't you?

Jackwagon...
    Air Force standards must be uniformly known, consistently applied and non-selectively enforced.
    - Gen. Ronald R Fogleman, Air Force Chief of Staff

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Never tell people how to do things.
    Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.