Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Truth In This?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any Truth In This?

I dont think this is the Deid, I haven't seen anything about this and the Wing Chief just got here. I'm thinking Ali al Salem.

Speaking as an officer, if my chief enlisted leader came to me this idea I'd just role my eyes and tell him to find something useful to do. A deployed wing commander is probably working 16 hrs days; worrying about his guys flying missions and dropping bombs, mantenance of aircraft and facilities, force protection, handling a mountain of admin stuff etc, not the fucking airman's creed. Let's focus on accomplishing the mission and making life a little easier for out deployed folks rather than heap more BS on them.

I agree with others who noted that this is emblematic of bigger problems with our Air Force; an organization that is becoming increasingly focused on everything BUT the mission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickymaz View Post
    I dont think this is the Deid, I haven't seen anything about this and the Wing Chief just got here. I'm thinking Ali al Salem.

Speaking as an officer, if my chief enlisted leader came to me this idea I'd just role my eyes and tell him to find something useful to do. A deployed wing commander is probably working 16 hrs days; worrying about his guys flying missions and dropping bombs, mantenance of aircraft and facilities, force protection, handling a mountain of admin stuff etc, not the fucking airman's creed. Let's focus on accomplishing the mission and making life a little easier for out deployed folks rather than heap more BS on them.
    I agree with others who noted that this is emblematic of bigger problems with our Air Force; an organization that is becoming increasingly focused on everything BUT the mission.
    <Applauding> Why is this concept so f$cking hard to understand for some people? If I were wing king for a day I'd fire his ass and get someone in there that understood the above.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, what is next? On the spot PT Tests? There are so many things about this letter that I don't know where to start.

- 5MT? Is that short for 5 meters? The standard abbreviation for Meter is M, not MT jackass.

- Whoa! 4 Vectors! Well, with that many vectors nobody should have an excuse! I can understand this slipping by with only 2 or 3 vectors, but not 4.

FLAPS

Guess what, Chief?

1. As a FGO I require my folks to focus 100% on our mission, not gay creeds that make people think they're so-called warriors.
    2. If the AF is having so much trouble getting people to memorize and recite the creed, instead of forcing them to "pretend" to give a crap, why don't you ask yourself WHY people aren't interested? If the creed was so cool, then we'd all memorize and recite it with enthusiasm.
    3. True leaders inspire their troops to WANT to follow. YOU are not inspiring anyone with your demands, threats, etc.
    4. You have ZERO control over my folks' LOEs or EPR ratings, I DO! At the end of the day, the guy/gal that successfully generates another mission, but can't seem to remember the first, second, third verse of some creed STILL gets my kudos for a job well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nickymaz View Post
    :first

Fortunately, I just got here, and I'm nearly gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    Guess what, Chief?

1. As a FGO I require my folks to focus 100% on our mission, not gay creeds that make people think they're so-called warriors.
    2. If the AF is having so much trouble getting people to memorize and recite the creed, instead of forcing them to "pretend" to give a crap, why don't you ask yourself WHY people aren't interested? If the creed was so cool, then we'd all memorize and recite it with enthusiasm.
    3. True leaders inspire their troops to WANT to follow. YOU are not inspiring anyone with your demands, threats, etc.
    4. You have ZERO control over my folks' LOEs or EPR ratings, I DO! At the end of the day, the guy/gal that successfully generates another mission, but can't seem to remember the first, second, third verse of some creed STILL gets my kudos for a job well done.
    Unfortunately, they do have control over awards since they are awarded by AFCENT. I can see this tool keeping a list of everybody who is not able to recite the Creed and their supervisors and downgrading or rejecting their awards when they come through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grimreaper View Post
    If true, one thing I'd like to ask this "Chief" is that if it's so important, why is this only directed at the Enlisted? Are O's not Airmen as well? How many O's do you think have the Creed memorized?
    Because the Chief can't "direct" Officers like he can the Enlisted force and the Wing King probably thinks this is such a horrible idea just like everybody else, but is deferring to his “senior enlisted advisor” on how he wants to direct the enlisted force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Igloowhite View Post
    Read this Command Message from another site forum, anyone have any firsthand knowledge if this is real or a hoax?
    It sounds tooltastic enough to be real, but I've read (okay, and written) too many bogus ones to be sure.

I think mandatory recitations of the Creed should be performed in the manner one sees in POW propaganda videos. They should be flat, halting monotones. Extra credit should be awarded to personnel who, during the recitation, blink the word "douchery" in Morse code with their eyelids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I lost interest about the 8th sentence. Didn't anyone tell this guy the B in the ABCs of writing is BREVITY or does he need the Merriam-Webster link? Has to be the same Wing E-9 that sent out the other War and Peace-sized e-mail we bashed a while back.
    Otis R: great Mao point!
    SENDBILLMONEY: we should send you money for the POW propaganda-style recital plan.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Must be a new Kool-Aide Command Clown. The Creed is a PME only Function and was squashed by real chiefs a long time ago. Besides, its prohibited at a number of FOB's because the Army considers it an insulting Rip-off of their Creed.

Sure sounds like the guy at the Deid.....