Page 35 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Truth In This?

Re: Any Truth In This?

Quote Originally Posted by BRUWIN View Post
    It is my understanding that the Chief is actually a very religious man and he probably sought the Chaplian or vice verse. Like some have already said...I really believe this guy's heart is in the right place but his focus is simply in the wrong one.
    I have long been certain that man acting under conviction that he is doing what is required ot make things better for those he cares about is far more dangerous than a man looking to perform mischief.

The miscreant can be stopped or prevented from doing harm.

The man with conviction won't accept the same attempts to stop him as being significant enough to avoid or delay his intended actions.

The best villains are those who are trying to do as much good as they can, but who are doing harm as a side effect of the path towards good that they have chosen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantJack View Post
    Somebody please direct me to which AFI directs memorization of the Airman's Creed or the AF Song. I want to be a REAL leader!!!
    The closest you can get is 36-2618

3.1.5.1. Understand, accept, and demonstrate the Air Force Core Values and The Airman’s
    Creed. Know and understand the Air Force Symbol.

BLAB - Nothing requires an Airmen to memorize it. PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE666 View Post
    So would I get in trouble for wearing bargain-bin lingerie to the swinger's club on tranny night? I mean, paying top dollar kinda gets pricey after a while....

Try going on midget night, half price

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    ...oh yeah, I could be a PME instructor too....
    Well, it would make things a bit clearer.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StandardsAMust View Post
    You make a good point...so, if 10 are walking around late at night and 9 aren't wearing their reflective belt and the one person who is says something...he must be the wrong one...got it. I'll be sure to tell my class that tomorrow...oh yeah, I could be a PME instructor too....
    God I hope not..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It is my understanding that the Chief is actually a very religious man and he probably sought the Chaplian or vice verse. Like some have already said...I really believe this guy's heart is in the right place but his focus is simply in the wrong one.
    I'm sure he is trying to do the best he can...I don't know the guy. But, he no doubt wanted to "hit the ground running," "pick some low-hanging fruit" and "establish a culture of excellence"...I'm sure he was demonstrating a "willingness to act" and "decisiveness" and "holding people accountable for standards"...and all the other cliches we could think of.

I don't know what it's like to be the Command Chief at a deployed location. From his emails, he may have jumped in a bit over his head and I do know what that's like.

My advice to him would be to quickly figure out a way to laugh at himself, let others in on the joke...learn some humility from this episode and don't be afraid to lean on his peers for help, even if they haven't achieved the exalted status of "Command Chief." Then, figure out what you can and can't bring to this job, refocus, and get back on that camel, so to speak. We can only hope that others learn from this episode as well.

It's not the falling that defines us, it's the getting back up again. Like most things, he can recover.

I would vector you if I knew but I don't think there is one.
    Oh no! I've been five-meter-targetted!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow.....I hadn't checked the forums over the holiday weekend plus a day and come back to 36 PAGES that started with an email from the lovely Command E-9 out at ASAB. I posted his first email to the troops shortly after he arrived in June about how things were going to change under his watch in a thread that was about Al Udeid (I posted it there because I thought it was a sign that ASAB was going to become the new Al Udeid) where he was adressing uniform standards. That email was only about half the length of the one quoted in this thread and it was god-awfully long. I guess it was just a sign of things to come. I was deployed under ASAB (wasn't actually there) as a JET Airman supporting Spec OPS when I posted the email about uniform standards. We would get those emails, note them, and then continued to press on with the mission at hand. Glad I wasn't actually out at ASAB for all this nonsense.

I'm not going to quote all of you whom I agree with, but there's been some great comments by many of you out there. Sure, some of it was laced with sarcasm to keep up with our reputation of fun-filled-banter, but I really do hope that the Chief (or his underlings) has read some of this and taken away something from it all. If not, it's going to be a LONG deployment for the folks who deploy to ASAB during the next 10 months.

Here's a link to that post with his first email about standards for those of you who are interested:

http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/s...ht=#post460256

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantJack View Post
    Oh no! I've been five-meter-targetted!!!!!

Oh geez...What other Steven Segal, Chuck Norris, Rambo, Iron Eagle, Top Gun, Jarhead, Green Zone, A-Team -type catch phrases are going to start making their appearance out of the mouths (and/or e-mails) of other "warrior-wanna-be" REMF's/MFICs?
    Air Force standards must be uniformly known, consistently applied and non-selectively enforced.
    - Gen. Ronald R Fogleman, Air Force Chief of Staff

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Never tell people how to do things.
    Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
    - General George Patton Jr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Z1911 View Post

Oh geez...What other Steven Segal, Chuck Norris, Rambo, Iron Eagle, Top Gun, Jarhead, Green Zone, A-Team -type catch phrases are going to start making their appearance out of the mouths (and/or e-mails) of other "warrior-wanna-be" REMF's/MFICs?
    "Get to the Chopper!" - Arnold Schwarzenegger from "Predator" has always been my fave!

Plus the band "Austrian Death Machine" pokes fun all the time at Ah-nie!

"Thats most of America....we work ourselves to death, literally - Michaep"

"Not this American. I plan on leisuring myself to death. - Shrike"

****Disclaimer - All posts are for entertainment purposes only!!!! I accept no responsibility if you take whatever I write to be serious and/or factual! Any resemblance to the truth is purely fictional and coincidental at best.****