Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Army announces switch to 9-month deployments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Army announces switch to 9-month deployments

Thank God! It's still a lonnng 9 months for those of us here. They work harder and longer than anyone outside of forces realize.... They are ALL family

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by JStatus330 View Post
    So the Army will deploy for 9 months andnot get R&R, yet the Air Force will still do their 6 month deployments and get R&R? Sounds fair.
    My AF people that end up doing 7-8 month deployments don't actually get R&R. I've done multiple 6 month deployments extending to 7 or 8 and never received R&R. Never even got offered.

Now like most of you joes yes the AF and the 4 month deployments followed by the bitching most did was pathetic.

JD2780

That came out wrong. I wasn't comparing the bitchin of joes and airman. Just saying I agree with got disdain for whiney people coming off of 4 month deployments.

JD2780

Who ever had the AF cop friend who is a moron, he's a liar. We get 2 weeks after our deployments and no R&R. He's a moron and should
    STFU.
    Why should the AF step up and pull it's weight in a ground fight when 90% of the AF doesn't do ANY fighting. Including the pilots. As a TACP/JTAC I've don't rotations with 2-25/3-2/ 20th SFG and other nondescript deployments to different places. Never got R&R or 30 days of leave. Now if I wanted 30 days I had to take it as regular leave at the end. Some tool in the AF is trying to spin you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sfcmom View Post
    Thank God! It's still a lonnng 9 months for those of us here. They work harder and longer than anyone outside of forces realize.... They are ALL family

It seems that this idea has regained life, this time on a Unit Level rather than an Individual level. See the new article here:

http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...ng-Korean-tour

Rotations at the unit level takes the Army back to its original rotational program from the Spanish-American war period forward, when Combat Arms Regiments deployed as needed on a regular basis. In those days, it was the other types of units that remained in place, with individuals rotating in and out on a two or three year basis. The original rationale was to provide equality of training throughout the Combat Arms, and to get as many troops as possible accustomed to a rotational cycle that would prevent troop stagnation. That should be the reasons for the restoration of a regular unit deployment cycle.
    [FONT=arial black]SSG Cornelius Seon, USA (Retired)
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=4][B][FONT=arial black]We must respect the other fellow’s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.

H.L. Mencken
    [/FONT][/B][/SIZE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You just revived a nearly two year old thread. Bravo. But not only Korea; also Africa and Australia as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CORNELIUSSEON View Post
    It seems that this idea has regained life, this time on a Unit Level rather than an Individual level.
    The OP was for "...all named operations, which include Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Noble Guardian in Kosovo and Multi-National Forces Sinai in Egypt." Then it turned into a "It's not fair ... Air Force, Navy" thing (I'm Army BTW) ... now, 2yrs later ... I dunno, Korea Deployments v. Korea Assignment? Can we get more OT than this? I would think so - how about those Braves eh?