Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Marriage Questions

and thank you for the info 20MM! That really helped alot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20MM View Post
    After you are married and included on the orders (Make sure you get a military ID card and on DEERS too). When you get to Hawaii you check in at the, lodging office with a copy of your (his) orders. If they have a Temporary lodging facility (TLF) room available they will give it to you, if not you will get a statement of non-availability or something similar, then you go to a local hotel and get reimbursed for your stay up to the authorized amount. Just ask them at lodging how much that amount is. For Hawaii it's really high. When your husband in-processes through housing all of the details on your residence will be determined and it's also based on rank too.

Because you are PCS'ing to Hawaii you can reserve the room several months in advance too if you want to stay on post instead of maybe having to get a hotel when you show up. (personally I would just show up and hope they didn't have any rooms)

You can research the post online and get an idea of the housing offered as well.
    If he is already in Hawaii...then she isn't on his original PCS orders. Assuming this is the case, she isn't "PCS'd to Hawaii", she has to get their on her own dime. I'm nearly positive she doesn't get TLF reimbursed or any travel expenses. She has to be on his original PCS orders to get travel expenses.

Loving, here's what will happen. You are getting married in your home town. As soon as that is done, your husband will do as noted above, enroll you in DEERS and get your ID card.

He'll then have to apply for Command Sponsorship in Hawaii. That is normally pretty routine, the only thing that could hold it up is if you have some kind of medical condition that will need special services...i.e. Asthma, Mental Health issues, Hard of hearing, etc.

Once he gets Command Sponsorship approved, he can apply for base housing...if there is a long wait list, he can find a rental off-base at the with-dependent rate.

Where does he live now? If he is in his own apartment off-base, obviously, you can just buy a ticket and move in with him. If he is living in barracks for something, then you're gonna need a place to stay and he may not get released from the barracks until command sponsorship is approved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for that. Ill tell him about that because I kind of figured I wouldn't be able to go over there for free

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok thank you