11 64.71%
  • Fools

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impotent, Incompetent, Fools

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Impotent, Incompetent, Fools

These are the keywords of the IT morons at the Military Times webpage staff.

Discuss.
    The current special guest sig:
    "I believe that I asked for information and not an opinion."
    usafmailmover, 11-4-12, 09:41 AM.

Cabal Director of Rail Transportation Accounts Payable ‹(•¿•)›

Pro Deo Et Patria :usa2

CVal

Re: Impotent, Incompetent, Fools

Now, Battleshort, they do sometimes get stuff right. However, requiring a password change on the heels of a cyber attack and not informing the members of said change was a bit, um...., shortsighted. I wasn't sure whether I should do it. It could have been an effort to collect passwords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alice did a much better job than these maroons. The new staff has failed totally in their efforts. Activity in the Forum is STILL down and now a "cyber attack" {{{{{{snortle}}}}} has them really confused.

Not buying it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Military Times family of websites suffered a cyber attack Tuesday. Affected were MilitaryTimes.com, Army Times.com, NavyTimes.com, Air ForceTimes.com, MarineCorpsTimes.com, and sister site DefenseNews.com. Some users were unable to access parts or all of the websites. Out of an abundance of caution we are asking users of the Military Times Forums to reset their passwords. We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    The Military Times family of websites suffered a cyber attack Tuesday. Affected were MilitaryTimes.com, Army Times.com, NavyTimes.com, Air ForceTimes.com, MarineCorpsTimes.com, and sister site DefenseNews.com. Some users were unable to access parts or all of the websites. Out of an abundance of caution we are asking users of the Military Times Forums to reset their passwords. We deeply regret any inconvenience that this may cause and appreciate your understanding.
    Sweet of you. But why do we have to reset it daily?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Battleshort View Post
    Anyone seen the bath salts?
    High Priestess of the Troll Cabal

People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The vBullentin admin tools are limited at best and we'll get this sorted out later this morning. As you can imagine our IT folks are conducting a complete security audit and we'll have to make some changes moving forward. A likely consequence of this attack will require users to reset their passwords on a more consistent basis (e.g. every 120 days, not daily).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Battleshort View Post
    If you're an IT guru and you can do better, then why don't you volunteer your services if this forum is so important to you? I'm pretty sure they are doing the best they can.

Yes it's annoying to reset a password daily but no one said you had to be on this forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When I tried to log in this afternoon, I received notification that I would have to change my password. The information to change the password looked like the standard type of request but what caught my attention was it asked for my email. On other forums, I never had to provide my email address since it was already recorded in their system. Also, in the email confirmation box it already had an address which made me think it may be a redirect program.

I emailed the administrator with my concerns and within an hour and an additional email with more information he had looked into it and told me it was okay. On other forums I'd have to wait a day or two before getting a response so getting a response within about an hour is IMO very good service. I agree that they should have posted a notice on the website indicating an attack and the need to change passwords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LogDog_guest View Post
    When I tried to log in this afternoon, I received notification that I would have to change my password. The information to change the password looked like the standard type of request but what caught my attention was it asked for my email. On other forums, I never had to provide my email address since it was already recorded in their system. Also, in the email confirmation box it already had an address which made me think it may be a redirect program.

I emailed the administrator with my concerns and within an hour and an additional email with more information he had looked into it and told me it was okay. On other forums I'd have to wait a day or two before getting a response so getting a response within about an hour is IMO very good service. I agree that they should have posted a notice on the website indicating an attack and the need to change passwords.
    They did post the cyber attack message shortly after I messaged them but I didn't see the password reset until I had to reset my password twice in the last two days.

It is what it is. Cyber attackers seem to just want to hit everything they can. Practice? I don't know.