• Fools

6 35.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Impotent, Incompetent, Fools

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Impotent, Incompetent, Fools

Quote Originally Posted by candycane3482 View Post
    They did post the cyber attack message shortly after I messaged them but I didn't see the password reset until I had to reset my password twice in the last two days.

It is what it is. Cyber attackers seem to just want to hit everything they can. Practice? I don't know.
    I believe it was google who notified me that the website was unsafe and that there had been two cyber attacks in the past couple of days when I tried to enter the website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LogDog_guest View Post
    I believe it was google who notified me that the website was unsafe and that there had been two cyber attacks in the past couple of days when I tried to enter the website.
    Yeah and I had a message when I tried to go the website on Firefox and not on IE. As soon as that happened a few times where it blocked the website, I messaged the Community Editor. Later on I checked and there was a message posted and a reply. If they weren't experiencing any issues, it would take them time after getting emails from users talking about issues to look into it.

The point is they addressed it as soon as they could on the forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by candycane3482 View Post
    If you're an IT guru and you can do better, then why don't you volunteer your services if this forum is so important to you? I'm pretty sure they are doing the best they can.

Yes it's annoying to reset a password daily but no one said you had to be on this forum.
    Battleshort has been here day in and day out, through the many, MANY, technical and "communication" difficulties the forum and its members have endured for two years longer than you have. I suggest you check yourself and cut him the slack he has rightly earned on this board.
    Fear is useless, what is needed is trust.

Complete the mission; emotions can wait.

The Cabal's Dutchess of Free Bribes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it's CCIXQ. His Chinese Intel overlords realized his misinformation campaign wasn't working so they decided to step up the pressure.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caliny View Post
    Battleshort has been here day in and day out, through the many, MANY, technical and "communication" difficulties the forum and its members have endured for two years longer than you have. I suggest you check yourself and cut him the slack he has rightly earned on this board.
    Really? I better "check myself." Big talk on an Internet forum...

Oh he's been here for two years - wow. (Slow clap starts now). Bravo to him. I still think that maybe he needs to cut the people who run this some slack and that if he can do better, give them a hand.

By the way (it's just an Internet forum).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, caliny. Since he/she/it has made my Ignore list, the drivel is now hidden.
    The current special guest sig:
    "I believe that I asked for information and not an opinion."
    usafmailmover, 11-4-12, 09:41 AM.

Cabal Director of Rail Transportation Accounts Payable ‹(•¿•)›

Pro Deo Et Patria :usa2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BS~That would probably be a better option for me, too.

Candy, you missed my point. He (and others) have been here through the old and new forum moderation and seen NO improvement other than the smileys. At numerous points, he HAS offered suggestions and help. However, when they seem to fall on deaf ears and no response was forthcoming from admin (unlike it had been previously), frustrations build up. Since that was before your time here, and your responses (here and elsewhere) indicate that you are not aware of those discussions, perhaps you need to take a step back and realize that there IS a context for what you're reading--and it's one of which you're unaware. It's as simple as that.
    Fear is useless, what is needed is trust.

Complete the mission; emotions can wait.

The Cabal's Dutchess of Free Bribes

CVal

The reduction in spam has been excellent, too. I guess we have to take the good with the bad.

Great point about context, Cali.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Now granted, I haven't been here for very long. But I have been on messaging boards far slower, buggier, and spammier than this one. Running a giant clusterfuck like this isn't something I would like to do, nor do I envy someone who does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It does seem a little unfair to condemn the Community Editor and the tech people who run this site. The International Monetary Fund, IMF, just got hacked and they have some of the most sophisicated people and computers in the world. If it can happen to them it can happen to any other group. Still, I would like to know who did this and why.
    Lisa Burke

Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.
    Sir Winston Churchill, Hansard, November 11, 1947