Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

same old whinny crap, different day. people too dang worried about someone's else's private life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_eyes View Post
    what am i missing? brain must be really slow today.
    what do the chaplins need protection from? for hate speech?
    and not one person has been able to tell me exactly where in the bible, it spells it out that god/jesus hates homosexuals. none of this "this is what meant", etc. chapter, verse, etc "and jesus said all the homos will burn for eternity". i don't believe it's there.
    It doesn't say they will burn for all eternity, however:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FixItWithAMod View Post
    It doesn't say they will burn for all eternity, however:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13)
    Again, not Jesus' or god's words. Those are the words of man. That's what she was getting at. I want to read the book of Jesus where he writes in his own words his thoughts and views. It won't change my opinion of homosexuals but it would give the bible thumpers something for back up on why they don't like homosexuals or homosexuality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by candycane3482 View Post
    Ooh look who's back!
    Yeah, it's unbelievable, ain't it? :humble

Please try hard to contain your excitement...but not too hard! eace
    Something or other, of the Troll Cabal (Retired)

"You don't need to see my identification."
    "I'm not the Troll you're looking for."
    "I can go about my business."
    "Move along."

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."--Colin Powell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That will never pass. They want to protect hate speech plain and simple. It's a shame that most of these people are acting out of fear and ignorance rather than actual hate...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This request has me baffled to say the least. The article implied they want more than free speech in the chapel services. This begs to question what other venues would be considered appropriate to express these opinions. If it's a one-on-one discussion between the (homophobic) chaplain and the (homophobic) servicemember in a private setting, well seems to me that's already covered, unless I missed something when I went to the training. So what are they really asking for? The ability to spout off randomly at a wardroom table? The ability to stand next to WBC members in uniform? Things are so ridiculously unclear from this article it's hard to really even know what request was being made. I'd like to see what the churches' POV's are as to me a lot doesn't seem to add up here.

I'll be frank and admit, it may actually be that these churches are asking for free hate speech at any venue whatsoever, makes me wonder at the fanaticism of those involved if that is the case. I personally think the author of this article was using a little bit of extra "artistic license" to sway the readers. I tried the link for "more" and it just shot me over to another article about a DADT discharge.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wait wait wait, the Christians (I doubt this is a Jewish Chaplain) want special rights now? GOSH DARN SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS!!!
    HM2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by candycane3482 View Post
    Again, not Jesus' or god's words. Those are the words of man. That's what she was getting at. I want to read the book of Jesus where he writes in his own words his thoughts and views. It won't change my opinion of homosexuals but it would give the bible thumpers something for back up on why they don't like homosexuals or homosexuality.
    There is no "book of Jesus", Jesus never wrote anything down, all of the gospels were written decades after the events they claim to describe, and we aren't even sure who all of the authors are.

Romans 1:26 also gives fodder to the woefully religious:

For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FixItWithAMod View Post
    Romans 1:26 also gives fodder to the woefully religious:

For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.
    A sore bottom?
    HM2

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would like for them to speak the truth about the disgusting immoral lifestyle of homosexuals and help the decent soldiers remember that they are supported and lead us to hope that this disgusting attrocity may be fixed and amybe we can repeal this repeal and get us back to right.