Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 175

Thread: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

  1. #161
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    If you want to take the bible literally than you wife is supposed to serve you, by serve we all know it pretty much means do whatever you ask, it also says to respect her, but serve none the less.

    Get with the times homie.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Beale AFB
    Posts
    108
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoldierwhosaysNi View Post
    They already have equal rights. I can't "marry" a person of the same sex any more than they can. Everyone has the same rights to get married. Some people just aren't intelligent enough to understand what marriage is.
    I disagree. You are attracted to women and thus you have the right to marry any woman who will marry you. If you were attracted to men then you should have the right to marry any man who would marry you. Calling it a "civil union" won't cut it. Why, you ask? Just about every single state or federal form asks married or single. If two people stand together and promise to love and honor each other for the rest of their lives, that is marriage.

  3. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    I disagree. You are attracted to women and thus you have the right to marry any woman who will marry you. If you were attracted to men then you should have the right to marry any man who would marry you. Calling it a "civil union" won't cut it. Why, you ask? Just about every single state or federal form asks married or single. If two people stand together and promise to love and honor each other for the rest of their lives, that is marriage.
    No. Marriage was created in order to stabilize societies and ensure that children were raised by both a man and a woman (who stand together and promise to love and honor each other for the rest of their lives). And the funny thing is that thousands of cultures who disagreed on everything else agreed on this and have for thousands of years. It's only very recently that some have gotten the idiotic notion that marriage doesn't require a man and a woman.

    You might as well build a vehicle with two fuselages and no wings and try claiming it's still an airplane. People need to stop being so sensitive to being labeled "intolerant" that they enable this kind of stupidity.

  4. #164
    JD2780
    Guest

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoldierwhosaysNi View Post
    No. Marriage was created in order to stabilize societies and ensure that children were raised by both a man and a woman (who stand together and promise to love and honor each other for the rest of their lives). And the funny thing is that thousands of cultures who disagreed on everything else agreed on this and have for thousands of years. It's only very recently that some have gotten the idiotic notion that marriage doesn't require a man and a woman.

    You might as well build a vehicle with two fuselages and no wings and try claiming it's still an airplane. People need to stop being so sensitive to being labeled "intolerant" that they enable this kind of stupidity.
    Tell me why it is impossible for 2 males or 2 females to do this?

    How is it an idiotic notion? Because you said so?

  5. #165
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSoldierwhosaysNi View Post
    No. Marriage was created in order to stabilize societies and ensure that children were raised by both a man and a woman (who stand together and promise to love and honor each other for the rest of their lives).
    That's actually quite false. Marriage was created in many cases to determine inheritance lines for offspring, a solution to the issue of illegitimate children seeking pieces of their parents' estates. The diction that children must be raised by one of each sex is very false, and in fact was never required; children were constantly raised by single parents or by hired nannies/stewards in place of any parent involvement.

    Some, such as the Jews, believed that you could only have sex if you were married, and that sex was only for the effort of procreation, leading to the allowance of multiple wives if one could not bear children. This was a religious view of the time, but they were considered oddities amongst the other cultures.
    He who is remembered, is immortal. But he who is forgotton, never lived.
    We are the beasts, the bastards, the terrors in the night. And we're all that stand between you and what you fear most.
    Shaman Arbites of the Troll Cabal
    I voted for Shrike and all I got was this stupid Ambassadorship!
    Shrike's Czar of the War on Flat-Chestedness

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Methinks this guy is lying to make his case seem stronger....seems to happen a LOT in cases that revolve around DADT... The three things I saw that can't all be possible are these;

    In addition to his reprimand, the Air National Guard terminated a six-year reenlistment contract. Instead, they gave Layne a one-year extension.

    “I also reiterated that I respect his feelings but I’m not comfortable reenlisting him with his strong feelings about this matter,” he additionally wrote.

    Attorney Wells told Fox News he wants the military to rescind the reprimand and reinstate the original six-year reenlistment contract.


    You can't just terminate an enlistment contract...it doesn't work that way. If his CC wasn't comfortable re-enlisting him and gave him an extension INSTEAD, that would make sense but there would be no 6-year contract to reinstate....

    http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...ry-chapel.html
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Now THIS guy (and the TI referenced in the story) seem to have a vaild case... Interesting that both are in career fields that the AF is considering FORCING people to retrain into....

    http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...-marriage.html
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  8. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    699
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    [from the story]
    he said. “The narrative is that you cannot say anything that contradicts Air Force policy.”
    Well, DUH! Whether it's about gay marriage, or anything else. He's got 19 years and this is just dawning on him?

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Right about.....HERE
    Posts
    1,671
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by imnohero View Post
    Well, DUH! Whether it's about gay marriage, or anything else. He's got 19 years and this is just dawning on him?
    IMO, the shirt has less of a case because they are an advisor to the CC and if the CC doesn't like 'em, I THINK they can fire 'em??? The TI though, allegedly just said that he isn't a supporter of gay marriage BUT as an AF member would set his personal feelings aside and train everyone the same and used that as an EXAMPLE to illustrate a point... Seems like the TI had his priorities straight-seem to remember hearing something about service before self somewhere....
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

    --Barak Obama


    You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

    Lord of the Pings

  10. #170
    Senior Member 20+Years's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Canada
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

    Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    Seems like the TI had his priorities straight-seem to remember hearing something about service before self somewhere....
    I think it was a GEICO commercial.
    Advice from JD2780:

    "don't post angry"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •