Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Chaplains seek protection for troops to share views on homosexuality

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    Currently it is, I hesitate to think that it could never be otherwise because I could easily see this going the direction of a lawsuit against a chaplain who refuses to perform a ceremony against their beliefs and a subsequent overreaction from papa government.
    That's EXACTLY what they want. All-out war on anyone who disagrees with them.

I agreed with them when they want sodomy laws repealed. I even agreed with them when they wanted civil unions. Now that I see their real agenda (mandated nationwide affirmation), I'm starting to regret ever supporting them in any manner.

JD2780

Quote Originally Posted by TheSoldierwhosaysNi View Post

I agreed with them when they want sodomy laws repealed. I even agreed with them when they wanted civil unions. Now that I see their real agenda (mandated nationwide affirmation), I'm starting to regret ever supporting them in any manner.
    So you supported these heathens? Not very christian of you based on your arguements. You backed the sinners that are damned to hell. Look what you did!!!

JD2780

So you supported these heathens? Not very christian of you based on your arguements. You backed the sinners that are damned to hell. Look what you did!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by candycane3482 View Post
    Yes everything you say has been gone over multiple times...never ending cycle it seems with no answers.
    The "answer" quite simply is, "live and let live." I don't 'identify' as a libertarian because I also believe wholeheartedly in social justice but it's a really good rule of thumb for living-in-harmony. Essentially, you may not like or 'approve' of something some else does or their 'world view; but unless it actually impedes on your ability to live life the way you see fit FOR YOURSELF, then it's none of your business and they should be 'allowed' to go on about their business. 'Ways of being' cannot include harm to others--like murder, abuse, thievery, etc., but unless others actions directly impinge upon your ability to do what you want or harm others, let it go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Then I'm sorry... you're going to hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FixItWithAMod View Post
    It doesn't say they will burn for all eternity, however:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.(Leviticus 20:13)
    In fact, that section of Leviticus is speaking to humankind's tendency toward Bacchanalian pursuits of happiness and the whorish inclinations of those who who have sex without love and commitment. I'll talk scripture with you all day if you want...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scruples View Post
    The right to say your religious beliefs about homosexuality in general [not in a personal attack] is protected under the Constitution, just as homosexuals have the right to disagree with another service member's faith.

Bringing up the subject about "protection" seems downright ridiculous. It is already protected.
    OMG Scruples with positive rep points... It's nice you toned down your rhetoric. Welcome to the world of somewhat thoughtful free speech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If by "mandated nationwide affirmation" you mean "equal rights" then you are of course correct, sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USAF-Controller View Post
    If by "mandated nationwide affirmation" you mean "equal rights" then you are of course correct, sir.
    They already have equal rights. I can't "marry" a person of the same sex any more than they can. Everyone has the same rights to get married. Some people just aren't intelligent enough to understand what marriage is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seasons View Post
    The amount of self-hate evident here is almost sad to watch. Is name-calling and "I know you are but what am I" all you are capable of?
    I was thinking the same thing but the more I read, the more I actually began to feel sorry for him. He is a lost, tortured soul.