Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Now that i'm a Supervisor, I have my 8 troops doing PT every morning and afternoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Now that i'm a Supervisor, I have my 8 troops doing PT every morning and afternoo

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobin View Post
    Your post has some frightening truth to it. I'm in the Navy myself, and this definitely sounds fairly accurate to what's going on... you can be a sh!t hot Sailor knocking out quals, evals are flawless, yet you get kicked out over the PT tests. Good thing I've never had a problem with the test, I got an Excellent Medium on the last one. What's also sad is that people who CAN pass the PRT portion of the test, but because they register as "overweight" on the BCA are still being kicked out, just like that MA1 guy.

I hope to be a PT God one day like you! ray2 :hail

:drum
    Don't worry, you'll get your chance. I spoke with an individual who was invited to give their input at a meeting about a new PT test for the Navy. They're apparently drooling over the current AF version and want to implement something similar.
    Perfect is the enemy of good enough.
    The pursuit of excellence only for the sake of achieving excellence is a waste:
    Time and energy spent pursuing excellence in one area is
    time and energy that could have been used to improve in another area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Now that i'm a Supervisor, I have my 8 troops doing PT every morning and afternoo

Quote Originally Posted by PT GOD View Post
    You are obviously not in the AF, the Missions doesnt matter, you can accomplish the mission 100% of the time, be the best damn technician the world has ever seen and the AF will still give you a bad annual EPR and kick you out for failing the PT Test, What i'm doing is prepearing my troops for what really matters so they can succeed in the AF, nobody cares about the mission, all that junk is exaggerated on EPRs anyways, the only one you can't lie on is PT. SO you take your troops to do the mission while me and mine are doing PT, and well all outrank you in a few years. Yea, its sunday, and I just got back from the track with all 8 of my troops, None of them will fail, they will ALL score 95 or above if they ever want there weeekends and leave back. HOOORAY AIR FORCE
    PT GOD usually posts satire, but this is spot on.
    If we should have to fight, we should be prepared to do so from the neck up instead of from the neck down.
    General James H. Doolittle

Air power alone does not guarantee America's security, but I believe it best exploits the nation's greatest asset — our technical skill.
    General Hoyt S. Vandenberg, second CSAF

It's STILL Bush's fault!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My problem is, they are all complaining about me because I dont give them a lunch break or approve any leave or any days off unless you have a 95 on your PT test or higher. Obviously with all the time we spend at the track/gym/road we dont have time for lunch, I say, pack a few cans of tuna and eat while working. As far as leave goes, you dont deserve leave or weekends unless you are an elite athlete like myself.

I hope this will motivate my troops to strive for the rock hard 8 pack abs that I have and show them on an hourly basis, but can I get in trouble for not approving their leave or giving them days off, or not letting them go to lunch?
    You sir, are a zen trollmaster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Z1911 View Post
    Being the forward thinking individual that you are, you need to get ahead of the powercurve and have them start doing the new Army PT. That'll teach them to stop pestering you for useless things like lunch breaks, leave, or weekends.
    :rockon :bolt
    I laughed when I read this. A couple years back my Airmen/NCOs were complaining my 3x week PT was hard. Trust me, it wasn't. At most a 2 mile run with some situps and pushups.

Well after all the complaining, I asked my Army buddy if we could do PT with his unit for a week. He thought it would be a good cultural mix. Plus, he promised not to kill any of my Airmen. :lol:

After a week of formation runs, calisthenics, and gorilla drills in the mud...they didn't complain anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDave View Post
    They don't sign your spell check, either.
    THIS!

Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are obviously not in the AF, the Missions doesnt matter, you can accomplish the mission 100% of the time, be the best damn technician the world has ever seen and the AF will still give you a bad annual EPR and kick you out for failing the PT Test, What i'm doing is prepearing my troops for what really matters so they can succeed in the AF, nobody cares about the mission, all that junk is exaggerated on EPRs anyways, the only one you can't lie on is PT. SO you take your troops to do the mission while me and mine are doing PT, and well all outrank you in a few years. Yea, its sunday, and I just got back from the track with all 8 of my troops, None of them will fail, they will ALL score 95 or above if they ever want there weeekends and leave back. HOOORAY AIR FORCE
    Why does this feel/read like you just took off your Halloween mask in order to reassure some small child that you excessively scared the $hit out of? Please put it back on and scare us some more(or depress us more, one of the two)!!!
    Something or other, of the Troll Cabal (Retired)

"You don't need to see my identification."
    "I'm not the Troll you're looking for."
    "I can go about my business."
    "Move along."

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership."--Colin Powell

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so one of my troops pulled up limp this morning during our daily 5K, then that little prick went to the shirt to complain how I make him run a 5K every morning, then lift weights, then go to lunch, THEN do aerobics classes as the gym, THEN run another 2 miles before going home...he claims he wants to learn his job and do his CDCs..screw all that..that'll wont even get you a 3 EPR in my book.

He blames me for his shin splints and hurting back, saying I will cause him to fail the PT Test tomorrow...what a load of crap.

I went to see the first shirt and right in the middle of him yelling at me about not having this kids CDC's ordered yet...i was like BAM and ripped off my shirt and started flexing like a 130lb arnold all over that office...yea..he ran out...damn right he did...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I went to see the first shirt and right in the middle of him yelling at me about not having this kids CDC's ordered yet...i was like BAM and ripped off my shirt and started flexing like a 130lb arnold all over that office...yea..he ran out...damn right he did...
    Well, he can fail his CDCs and that's OK. But he better not fail his fit test!
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so one of my troops pulled up limp this morning during our daily 5K, then that little prick went to the shirt to complain how I make him run a 5K every morning, then lift weights, then go to lunch, THEN do aerobics classes as the gym, THEN run another 2 miles before going home...he claims he wants to learn his job and do his CDCs..screw all that..that'll wont even get you a 3 EPR in my book.

He blames me for his shin splints and hurting back, saying I will cause him to fail the PT Test tomorrow...what a load of crap.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit."

40th President of the United States
    Ronald Reagan

"It is pride and dedication that keep enlisted men at their posts, not the lure of an easy life and a secure future. For the dedicated airman, it is not only money or the job to be done. It is the desire to serve our country that motivates today's Air Force."

First CMSgt. Of The Air Force
    Paul Wesley Airey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wish all i had to do was rip off my shirt and flex my abs to intimidate my 1st shirt. Would have gotten me out of quite a few LOCs.
    "There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit."

40th President of the United States
    Ronald Reagan

"It is pride and dedication that keep enlisted men at their posts, not the lure of an easy life and a secure future. For the dedicated airman, it is not only money or the job to be done. It is the desire to serve our country that motivates today's Air Force."

First CMSgt. Of The Air Force
    Paul Wesley Airey