Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EPR Extensions for PT and XXX

Re: EPR Extensions for PT and XXX

Quote Originally Posted by LRO_AD View Post
    If I was a commander I wouldn't authorize an extension or a retest before 42 days. You knew what the standards were well before your EPR closeout, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure you meet those standards. If you do not and your EPR needs to be closed out then you obviously do not meet standards and your "performance report" will reflect poor performance.
    +1!!! I hate when people expect commanders and the chain to bend over backwards and request extensions just because some people failed to meet standards through no one's fault but their own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I was a commander I wouldn't authorize an extension or a retest before 42 days. You knew what the standards were well before your EPR closeout, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure you meet those standards. If you do not and your EPR needs to be closed out then you obviously do not meet standards and your "performance report" will reflect poor performance.
    100% correct; it reflects poor performance on what should be just one minor standard, but one that has ridiculously been blown out of all proportion to its actual importance to the mission.
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All this is good & well, but...what if somebody's EPR closeout was today, and their pt test was cancelled twice ? So their EPR closed out without them even having a chance to test..can it still be extended?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are right. One knows when their test is for 6 months. If you cannot get in shape enough to pass this test in 6 months, you got issues.*

However, at the same time - if you are worried about a "bad/off day" you apparently can request to take your PT test early so you have enough time to pass before the closeout should you have an "off day."

*Exception to those that work on the flight line for 16 hour days and those with legitimate medical issues.

Note: I do disagree with the over-emphasis on the PT Program and it's singular effect on careers over other standards. But it doesn't change that you know you have 6 months to prepare and all you got to do to prepare is do a mock test 3 days a week. This will get the average person through - it got me through after a major surgery and being inactive for months due to such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
    Are extensions even approved any longer?
    Very rarely and only for unsusual situations... but I'm guessing somewhere out there they're being used to hook up the CC's fellow Os or favorite troops.

I will say close-out extensions are noticed by promotion boards...
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal