Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PFC Manning Hero?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: PFC Manning Hero?

Quote Originally Posted by SWOUSA View Post
    Simply a traitor that should get life or the death penalty.
    How can a non-American citizen be a traitor?
    Retirement rocks!

A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onemaingun View Post
    [B] Let me ask you this. Have you ever presented a flag to a wife, a father, a mother?
    Yes I have presented the flag to mothers, fathers, wives, and children. I have carried the caskets for fallen teamates, heard them calling over the radio during attacks. Do not question where my Loyalties lie. I should question yours.

I have not read anything on wikkileaks myself, I will say that. Now you may say know your facts before you speak, but the facts that I do know is I am here to protect the people of my country, my fellow brothers and sisters in arms. And if information that was not supposed to be said about country X is said, and we have people there. Do you not think that country X may retaliate? Causing further deaths because a leaked secret, those are the lives that I was talking about.

As far as war crime, yes I do believe that if a person commited war crimes they need to be punished, I am not that ignorant as to believe our, or any other government has it's share of cover ups, and if you believe that any Govt. doesn't you are nieve. But classified is classified. If I found your deep dark secret, something that would embarass you or show that you have done wrong would you like me to put it up for the world to see?
    If at first you don't succeed, Hit it with a bigger hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirtland_Red_Storm View Post
    Conservative could mean the difference between if I shoot them once or multiple times, it a matter of how much ammo I have......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Justify it all you want!
    But Manning violated the Espionage Act of 1917 he was a low level Intel analyst probably working in a Battalion S-2 somewhere. The amount of information that he “Allegedly” (for the time being) passed on was way above his pay grade.
    How easy is it to get into the State Department servers and pull out that much information? I have worked on SIPR allot and I would not know how to access any other “Networks” than the one I am on. (You Intel guys out there –how easy is it to get into another network say from a Battalion level?) I am sure that he did not just “stumble” upon this information by “accident”.
    This kid purposely dug for that information it was his intent to get it and send it out that has been confirmed by the MIT student / Grad? That turned Manning into the Feds. Manning himself crowed on blog that he wanted to create anarchy. So this guy is a Hero I do not think so! Justify all you want but Manning betrayed the trust of his fellow soldier’s plain and simple there is no denying that! You cannot spin that one!
    America may not be the most perfect country out there, but it is the best by far.
    I have devoted my entire adult life to protect it! I have no regrets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shrike,

How is PFC Manning not an American Citizen?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

"There is no such thing as public opinion; there's only published opinion" - Winston Churchill

ITSMYNAVY

Quote Originally Posted by onemaingun View Post
    I think that Manning(not going to use rank that isn't deserved) should be locked up adn thrown in Gen Pop, or put to death whichever longer. For all that agree with what he did and think that everyone needs to know everyone else's secrets, why don't you share your secrets with the world first. Secrets are kept for reasons; embarassment, not to upset others, to save others, etc., etc.

If you have no secrets that you are keeping from others than you have not risked anything. For the majority of people alive fail at everything they try, and we do not want all of our failures to be of public knowledge.

So again I say what ehe did, no matter the reason is still wrong. He HAS cause embarrassment to himself, his uniform, and his country.

So the correct answer would be to imprison or put an individual to death for having integrity? Let me ask you a few simple questions. Do you uphold our governments agenda by using its armed forces in secret and carrying out military operations outside of the realms of known conflict? Would you agree or disagree that it perpetuates further conflict and enrages those local nationals in those respective countries? Wouldn't you consider that kind of secrecy a crime to the american people? Let me ask you this. Have you ever presented a flag to a wife, a father, a mother? People have the right to know of any wrong doing.

Justified secret material as I have stated before would be that of advanced weapons, communications technology, radar, new forms of encryption data and of course military operations. But be wise to what I just said in terms of military operations. If an operation is a success and in the confines of a known conflict and no crimes have been committed and the reports are accurate then by all means if it warrants to be kept classified keep it that way.

But the point many of us are trying to get through your THICK skulls is when WAR CRIMES or other types of WRONG DOING has occurred which is NOT IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE then it should not be possible to classify it.

But thats the problem isn't? PFC Manning released some footage etc and someone was caught with their pants down. And that's where the irony lies isn't it. Here is another great example, Pat Tillman. Do I need to say more?

You stated secrets are kept for reasons. I do not think embarrassment is a justifiable reason to classify something. To not to upset others? Hmm again like Pat Tillman? To save others? You mean to save others careers at the expense of whom?

I hate to break this to you all you work for the american people.
    A true "Citizen" will not embarrass his/her country nor should that person perform irrevocable harm to other citizens of said country. You in my opinion are just as much a traitor as this numbnut as are the people in good ole SF who feel that he did nothing wrong. Keep talking but I think that you are wasting your time. I have lurked here long enough to know that most are very proud to serve and do not take lightly those who taint over 200 years of honorable history.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    How can a non-American citizen be a traitor?
    He is in england, switzerland (or is it sweeden) and both are signatories of NATO.. heck iirc so is australia.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    He is in england, switzerland (or is it sweeden) and both are signatories of NATO.. heck iirc so is australia.
    You didn't take much history or political science in HS did you?

((or geography for that matter)

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If Manning was really concerned about the helicopter attack, he could have moved the video through one of the several pre-established processes for reporting such incidents (such as the IG).

Instead, he (allegedly) handed the video and a large number of other files over to an outside organization in the hopes of turning himself into some sort of hacker rock-star.

One course of action is clearly the more responsible of the two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did anyone read the leak on US funded DynCorp? U.S. government contractor DynCorp threw a party for Afghan security recruits featuring trafficked boys as the entertainment. Bacha bazi is the Afghan tradition of "boy play" where young boys are dressed up in women's clothing, forced to dance for leering men, and then sold for sex to the highest bidder. the evidence linking DynCorp to bacha bazi was so damning, Afghan Minister of the Interior Hanif Atmar tried to quash the story. Upon hearing a journalist was investigating DynCorp and the U.S. government's funding of the sex trafficking of young boys in Afghanistan, Atmar warned any publication of the story would "endanger lives," and requested the U.S. suppress the story.

Damn son.....Our money goes to sex-trafficking of little boys.....and you think think what he did was wrong?!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 03WikiLuLz View Post
    Did anyone read the leak on US funded DynCorp? U.S. government contractor DynCorp threw a party for Afghan security recruits featuring trafficked boys as the entertainment. Bacha bazi is the Afghan tradition of "boy play" where young boys are dressed up in women's clothing, forced to dance for leering men, and then sold for sex to the highest bidder. the evidence linking DynCorp to bacha bazi was so damning, Afghan Minister of the Interior Hanif Atmar tried to quash the story. Upon hearing a journalist was investigating DynCorp and the U.S. government's funding of the sex trafficking of young boys in Afghanistan, Atmar warned any publication of the story would "endanger lives," and requested the U.S. suppress the story.

Damn son.....Our money goes to sex-trafficking of little boys.....and you think think what he did was wrong?!
    Was that 'story' in the Wikileaks postings?

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself