Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Minot; where easy is hard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Minot; where easy is hard

Always love a "Minot sucks" vent thread! I love whinning about Minot! I know there are worse places, but that doesn't mean Minot doesn't suck. I don't even know what the point of this thread is anymore. But I'll bite, I can't help it. The winter uniform stuff is whatever. Working on the flightline nobody cares, wear whatever as long as you're out there working and you have that damn reflective belt on. Everyone I've met that's been to Alaska, prefers Alaska. Everyone. At least 10+ people I've spoken too. Single dude here by the way.....GAWD this place is a social life killer! Even Abilene, TX was more fun than this. Especially in the winter. Horrible place to have spent a good chunk of my 20's in. Insta-dad with an overweight wife is not what I'm looking for in my future. No thanks LOL. Oh well, still serving, still getting paid, and it is time to sharpen the blades and hit the ice!

Junior Member Kirtland_Red_Storm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HydroMagic View Post
    Insta-dad with an overweight wife is not what I'm looking for in my future. No thanks LOL. Oh well, still serving, still getting paid, and it is time to sharpen the blades and hit the ice!
    Avoid JB's with Army. There was one was running scheme to marry a GI, 10 years, file for divorce. Then do it again. They caught with her...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

to piggy back on the eielson banter, i was there from january 2007 to february 2010 and loved it. i even lived in the dorms all 37 months. it had it's day where i couldnt stand it, but the good definately out weighed the bad there and i had an amazing time. i made lots of friends and was sad to leave.

Forsaken Wombat

to piggy back on the eielson banter...
    :doh .

takthekak

I have had plenty of troops here, leave and go to awesome places like Hawaii, etc
    and even if they complained at those bases in jest, they had a frame a reference
    thanks to hellish Minot. Now, my first bast long ago was Holloman AFB, NM and it
    wasn't great, but the weather was awesome. I have never been to a base like this,
    where wife's and husbands refuse to come with their spouse, family does not visit
    becuase NWA charges $900 a ticket, people retire if they get orders here,
    people cry and I mean cry when they find out their coming here and when they
    get here they immediately go worldwide available and pray for Korea...

Now all this being said, they get here and read "Only the Best Come North" on the gate.
    Trust me, only bad bases need sayings to try and trick you.

There is a reason Minot, ND is only 1 of 2 VSBAP bases and the other is right next door at Grand Forks, ND.
    It's a god aweful northern tier base which has an equally bad retention rate becuase it kills more first term airman careers then STDs. It's like Herpes; it stays with you the rest of your career/life!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man, you guys think you have it tough, try coming to Patrick, god, Warm year round, beaches, i surfed for about 12 hrs this weekend, fishing all the time, rocket and shuttle launches. Golfing, ugh the worst is the weather, sitting on my patio in the evening when its 75 out drinking beer staring at the water. Man it sucks
    I Support unisex bathrooms and unisex lockerroom..:biggrin

Forsaken Wombat

Quote Originally Posted by takthekak View Post
    I have had plenty of troops here, leave and go to awesome places like Hawaii, etc
    and even if they complained at those bases in jest, they had a frame a reference
    thanks to hellish Minot. Now, my first bast long ago was Holloman AFB, NM and it
    wasn't great, but the weather was awesome. I have never been to a base like this,
    where wife's and husbands refuse to come with their spouse, family does not visit
    becuase NWA charges $900 a ticket, people retire if they get orders here,
    people cry and I mean cry when they find out their coming here and when they
    get here they immediately go worldwide available and pray for Korea...

Now all this being said, they get here and read "Only the Best Come North" on the gate.
    Trust me, only bad bases need sayings to try and trick you.

There is a reason Minot, ND is only 1 of 2 VSBAP bases and the other is right next door at Grand Forks, ND.
    It's a god aweful northern tier base which has an equally bad retention rate becuase it kills more first term airman careers then STDs. It's like Herpes; it stays with you the rest of your career/life!
    Is that a RAINBOW in that picture....upper right corner? What the hell? That place is AWESOME....has to be!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt HULK View Post
    Man, you guys think you have it tough, try coming to Patrick, god, Warm year round, beaches, i surfed for about 12 hrs this weekend, fishing all the time, rocket and shuttle launches. Golfing, ugh the worst is the weather, sitting on my patio in the evening when its 75 out drinking beer staring at the water. Man it sucks
    Shuttie, you. I have been trying to get there my entire career...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only The Best Come North

Really?! You’d think the “best” could pass an inspection every once in a while…

Thanks, but I can live with being “well above average” in San Antonio.

takthekak

When I was at Holloman a long time ago I tried to so hard to get Germany. I had my MSgt call there,
    back when they had some pull, still nothing worked out. During that tour I would go TDY and see
    people in my field who had went straight to Germany after tech school, or their first assignment
    was a cake base in Florida and then they got Germany...Yeah, it ticked me off as I finished
    NM, got an assignmnt to Korea and then went to ND...all these years later and I guess I'll have
    to just go vacation in Germany instead.