Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concurrent Receipt for 100 percent disabled retirees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry Concurrent Receipt for 100 percent disabled retirees

Why are 100 percent disabled retirees being denied concurrent receipt? If the military would fairly compensate their disabled, then I agree that concurrent receipt is not needed. I did not choose to give up what the military took from me but always thought that my sacrifice would count for something. Why not actually compensate a veteran for their level of education within their field of study at a level they would have been doing in the real world. Is this too much to ask for all the suffering the military caused in our lives. Sure I believe in serving my country, I am just tired of watching congressman getting huge pay checks for winning popularity contests and voting themselves pay raises while people who stood on the front line get a 30 percent of basic pay and a kick in the ass out the door. Veterans need a voice in congress because all we get are leftovers. Sure, all those officers who are LtCmdrs don't give a crap because they get enough to pay all their bills. Us poor O1's who got injurred from the get go don't get crap. If I could make the decision not to join the military back in time, the choice would be easy. The military is a good old boy club for those who never get sick. All you 18 year olds be advised that you loose your American rights as soon as you sign the dotted line. Thats how America legally kills its citizens. Every soldier is just a number with 10 more waiting behind you when something happens. All smart people should avoid the military and live healthy lives-a hard lesson learned! If you want to serve the country, go into politics, that's where the money and easy living exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Concurrent Receipt for 100 percent disabled retirees

100 percent disabled retirees are not being denied concurrent reciept. The cutoff is at 50 %. Go to the VA.

...or read this.

Concurrent Receipt Overview
    Qualified disabled military retirees will now get paid both their full military retirement pay and their VA disability compensation. This recently passed law phases out (over 9 years) the VA disability offset, which means that military retirees with 20 or more years of service and a 50% (or higher) VA rated disability will no longer have their military retirement pay reduced by the amount of their VA disability compensation.
    The current special guest sig:
    "I believe that I asked for information and not an opinion."
    usafmailmover, 11-4-12, 09:41 AM.

Cabal Director of Rail Transportation Accounts Payable ‹(•¿•)›

Pro Deo Et Patria :usa2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Battleshort View Post
    100 percent disabled retirees are not being denied concurrent reciept. The cutoff is at 50 %. Go to the VA.

...or read this.
    +1...I'm 50% and retired.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You giggle every time you say 'cockpit'

-David Letterman "Top Ten ways to know you might not be ready to join the USAF"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dude, they're right. 20 years active, 100% p&t. i get all my money (such as it is) plus ssi.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I retired 3 months ago after 21 yrs and I get 90% disability AND my retirement check (minus the 10% due to redux....still, it's a pretty decent chunk of change)

Not sure what the policy is for those MEDICALLY retired who didn't do 20. Pretty sure it's different though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We're doomed. Parasitic "where is my free check" mentality.

Stick a fork in us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smarg View Post
    We're doomed. Parasitic "where is my free check" mentality.

Stick a fork in us.
    Ok, I'm a hit dog so I'll bark first.

You GD right I want my "free check". I served for 21 yrs (which is more than what 90% of the US population can say) I did what was asked of me and performed my duties w/o complaint.

Now that it's over hell yeah I want every cent of disability that's coming my way because the Army damn sure didn't mind taking it's pound of flesh from me! And I claimed everything too. Everytime I sneezed, it was documented, every pounding my ankles, knees and back took from running for miles on concrete that eventually blew out my joints. Every roadmarch I ever did carrying a weapon, 50 lb ruck, wearing full battle rattle and every deployment I endured back to back for the past 10 years again carrying a heavy load of battle rattle. GD right PAY ME!

"Freedom" is not free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What blows my mind is a 100% disabled vet that has a full time job doing physically demanding work. WTF?!?!?! Wow!
    No matter what you do some will always find fault because that is their only focus/goal and source of joy. They are negative by nature and weak in character. These people are the losers of society. Avoid them like the plague.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MCGYVER View Post
    What blows my mind is a 100% disabled vet that has a full time job doing physically demanding work. WTF?!?!?! Wow!
    huh? who? a 100% disabled vet who gets caught working loses BIG TIME. might want to check your facts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FatCat40 View Post
    Ok, I'm a hit dog so I'll bark first.

You GD right I want my "free check". I served for 21 yrs (which is more than what 90% of the US population can say) I did what was asked of me and performed my duties w/o complaint.

Now that it's over hell yeah I want every cent of disability that's coming my way because the Army damn sure didn't mind taking it's pound of flesh from me! And I claimed everything too. Everytime I sneezed, it was documented, every pounding my ankles, knees and back took from running for miles on concrete that eventually blew out my joints. Every roadmarch I ever did carrying a weapon, 50 lb ruck, wearing full battle rattle and every deployment I endured back to back for the past 10 years again carrying a heavy load of battle rattle. GD right PAY ME!

"Freedom" is not free!
    hey, i did my 20 active, and i totally agree. i busted my butt, and gave it more than i had. gd right i wanted every penny, and i went and got it. i went thru crap 4 year guardies don't have a clue. smarg, give up, we know you just cry about about "everyone's getting a free ride, but me". if you'd done the time, you'd be just as messed up as us, and you'd be trying for every penny too.