Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help!!

I am 18 years old. My boyfriend of 2 years is in the Air Force. He is just about to graduate from BMT and after his Tech school, he wants to get married. I love him more than anything and I could definitely see myself with him for the rest of my life. I am in STNA classes right now and he told that he wanted me to take the class so I could be with him and hold a job at the same time. He said we'll be okay, he encouraged me to take the classes and I do want to take the classes. I want to be with him but my family thinks I'm too young to get married. I know I am too young but it feels so right for me. I don't want to live to make other people happy, I am living to make myself and my boyfriend happy. Any advice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Help!!

18 is really young to get married but you have to follow your heart. If I had one word of advice for you it would be please please do not have kids right away. Go to college and finish developing your education. Many young marriages don't fail because they are young so much as they add children to quickly and the responsibilities become to much. I would advise you to wait at least another year or two, go to college and find out a little more about yourself and what you want out of life before you make a life long commitment.
    Texas Has The Death Penalty - We Use It!:biggrin

Last Year They Introduced Legislation That Would Expedite The Appeals Process If There Were 3 or More Witnesses To The Crime

While Other States Are fighting To Keep The Death Penalty Out
    Texas Is Putting In An EXPRESS LANE!!
    Ron White:rockon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why is this crap in the "PT and Fitness" sub-forum?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS302 View Post
    Why is this crap in the "PT and Fitness" sub-forum?
    I think it's because the only fair advice to give this chick was "RUN!!!".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie2010 View Post
    I am 18 years old. My boyfriend of 2 years is in the Air Force. He is just about to graduate from BMT and after his Tech school, he wants to get married. I love him more than anything and I could definitely see myself with him for the rest of my life. I am in STNA classes right now and he told that he wanted me to take the class so I could be with him and hold a job at the same time. He said we'll be okay, he encouraged me to take the classes and I do want to take the classes. I want to be with him but my family thinks I'm too young to get married. I know I am too young but it feels so right for me. I don't want to live to make other people happy, I am living to make myself and my boyfriend happy. Any advice?
    Your boyfriend has been under a lot of stress and is in a huge transition in his life. He's homesick, wondering what he got into and grasping for things that are familiar and remind him of who he is (BMT sort of tries to take the old individual you away and replace in with a conforming teammate).

In other words, he's not really thinking rationally, so you need to do that for him.

this is not the time to get married, way too young, way too much change going on in life...stay in school...tell him he needs to settle into AF life for a couple years first.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    Your boyfriend has been under a lot of stress and is in a huge transition in his life. He's homesick, wondering what he got into and grasping for things that are familiar and remind him of who he is (BMT sort of tries to take the old individual you away and replace in with a conforming teammate).

In other words, he's not really thinking rationally, so you need to do that for him.

this is not the time to get married, way too young, way too much change going on in life...stay in school...tell him he needs to settle into AF life for a couple years first.
    MM...this is 3 years old...I doubt she'll be back to read your response. Not sure why Boss resurrected this thread...other than to point out it's in the wrong area...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Necro-posting! Zombie posting!! Did someone mention zombies??

Zombie Max™ - Just in case!
    Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max™ ammunition from Hornady┬«! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets... yes PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets (have you seen a Zombie?). Make sure your "bug out bag" is ready with nothing but the best!
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:hippie Start dating, see the real world. Do not get knocked up, and get a life. In 10 years you still feel the same way...go for it!!! :closed_2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    You forgot...Avoid the clap.
    :spy Or get married..to the 'big BX in the sky'...:lol:cheer2

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    MM...this is 3 years old...I doubt she'll be back to read your response. Not sure why Boss resurrected this thread...other than to point out it's in the wrong area...
    Meh...they're probably already divorced.