Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85

Thread: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    So can someone please tell me why...............an O1 gets more BAH than a Sgt and so on. What is everyones opinions on this?
    They already get more pay, why do they get to live better?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny10 View Post
    So can someone please tell me why...............an O1 gets more BAH than a Sgt and so on. What is everyones opinions on this?
    They already get more pay, why do they get to live better?
    All I can say is RHIP.
    Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.

    Epicurus

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Smart ass answer: They need a bigger place for all that stuff they can afford to buy with the extra money they make.

    They're officers. Part of the perk of taking the time to go to college, get a degree and then be commissioned is a better standard of living. It's almost officer 101. What's your beef with it, specifically? You don't mind that they get paid more than you, even though the potential exists (these days) that you could actually have achieved a higher level of education than some of them, but you DO mind that their housing benefits are commensurate with their status as an officer?
    "Sooner started, Sooner finished." -My motto. Yes, I am an Okie.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    [QUOTE=Bearstone;321618]: They need a bigger place for all that stuff they can afford to buy with the extra money they make.
    QUOTE]

    Topic closed? lol

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearstone View Post
    Smart ass answer: They need a bigger place for all that stuff they can afford to buy with the extra money they make.

    They're officers. Part of the perk of taking the time to go to college, get a degree and then be commissioned is a better standard of living. It's almost officer 101. What's your beef with it, specifically? You don't mind that they get paid more than you, even though the potential exists (these days) that you could actually have achieved a higher level of education than some of them, but you DO mind that their housing benefits are commensurate with their status as an officer?
    Don't put words in my mouth or guess my opinion. My question was specifically on officer BAH, not on officer pay. Yeah I got beef with that as well.......

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    2,285
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny10 View Post
    So can someone please tell me why...............an O1 gets more BAH than a Sgt and so on. What is everyones opinions on this?
    They already get more pay, why do they get to live better?
    The get more BAH because they are authorized better housing...

    Why would someone go to college and earn a commission only to have their family live in worse housing?

    What's the point of getting more money is you don't get to live better?

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Because they made a smart decision and did what it took to earn a commision and better standard of living. Officers get paid more because they have a much higher level of responsability, same as in the civilain world and everywhere else...in exchange for doing more work and getting more responsability they earn more benifits and pay. Its the American way if you looking for equality then meet the same standards as the person you want to be equal too. If you want to get the same benifits as the the guy who has achieved more then you, move to a socialist or communist nation.

  8. #8
    FLAPS
    Guest

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny10 View Post
    So can someone please tell me why...............an O1 gets more BAH than a Sgt and so on. What is everyones opinions on this?
    They already get more pay, why do they get to live better?
    Are you referring to a SSgt or SMSgt? As pay goes, an 0-1 actually makes less than most "Sgts," as they should. However, there is a disparity between officers and enlisted with BAH that should be fixed, and that's to tie it to rank AND TIS. No reason I see for a SMSgt to get less than a single Capt with only 6 years TIS just for the mere fact that as people get older they they tend to have more stuff and larger families. I haven't checked the actual rates to compare the SMSgt to Capt, so this was just an example.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by SKLAV View Post
    Because they made a smart decision and did what it took to earn a commision and better standard of living. Officers get paid more because they have a much higher level of responsability, same as in the civilain world and everywhere else...in exchange for doing more work and getting more responsability they earn more benifits and pay. Its the American way if you looking for equality then meet the same standards as the person you want to be equal too. If you want to get the same benifits as the the guy who has achieved more then you, move to a socialist or communist nation.
    lmao! shut up! I hope to GOD you are not an officer cause you can't spell for sh*t. What a dumb response
    Degrees are just peices of paper nowadays

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Opt out
    Posts
    2,285
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny10 View Post
    lmao! shut up! I hope to GOD you are not an officer cause you can't spell for sh*t. What a dumb response
    Degrees are just peices of paper nowadays
    Pieces of paper that help you get a better job.

Similar Threads

  1. Which came first, the Enlisted man or the Officer
    By 20+Years in forum Air Force
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •