Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

Hello, I got a couple questions regarding eligibility for BAH. I'm an electrical engineer who's planning on applying to the USAF. If I get in, i will be O-1. I'm also single. Will I be eligible to receive BAH? My recruiter says I will but I dont always trust what recruiter says... Can anyone help me out on this? Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newtoaf View Post
    Hello, I got a couple questions regarding eligibility for BAH. I'm an electrical engineer who's planning on applying to the USAF. If I get in, i will be O-1. I'm also single. Will I be eligible to receive BAH? My recruiter says I will but I dont always trust what recruiter says... Can anyone help me out on this? Thank you.
    Yes, you will get single rate BAH.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Under any condition? Even there's housing available at the base? Is it because I will be an officer? I see quite a few people here complains not getting it. Thank you.
    There are only a few short tour locations overseas where as a single officer you will live on base and not receive BAH. However, for all stateside and most overseas locations there are no on-base single officer housing units available, and if there were they'd be optional. As an engineer you'll be assigned stateside and will get BAH.

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS, USAF (ret) View Post
    Yes, you will get single rate BAH.
    Under any condition? Even there's housing available at the base? Is it because I will be an officer? I see quite a few people here complains not getting it. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As mentioned above, unless you're on one of the very few remotes that have jr officer dorms, you'll get BAH and live off base.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal