Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

Quote Originally Posted by SKLAV View Post
    yeup like i stated before my spelling and grammer sucks. Also I agree degrees are just pieces of paper and quite easy to obtain. However no one has yet supported their argument as to why and E-5 should get better benefits then an O-1. If you want the money then go get your piece of paper a quit complaining.
    Ok I never said enlisted should get BETTER benefits. I said equal housing benefits

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenny10 View Post
    Ok I never said enlisted should get BETTER benefits. I said equal housing benefits
    Ok then please explain why you deserve equal benifits as a person who holds a higher level of responsability then you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post
    Also, your failure to recognize the evolution of the ellipsis.:tongue:

"The ellipsis is one of the favorite constructions of internet chat rooms, and has evolved over the past ten years into a staple of text-messaging. Though an ellipsis is technically complete with three periods (...), its rise in popularity as a "trailing-off" or "silence" indicator, particularly in mid-20th century comic strip and comic book prose writing, has led to expanded uses online. It has been used in new ways online, sometimes at the end of a message "to signal that the rest of the message is forthcoming." [5]

Today, extended ellipsis of two, seven, ten, or even dozens of periods have become common constructions in internet chat rooms and text messages.[6]
    "Elliptical commas", or, commas used in plurality for the effect of ellipsis or multiple ellipsis, have also grown in popularity online—though no style journal or manual has yet embraced them."

Grammar guides still discourage placing a conjunction at the start of a sentence, such as "And". If you do, a comma is required (normally) after the conjunction.:tongue:

Just saying.

ChiefB
    Hell !!!!....I am an educated man......and didn't know what the hell an ellipsis was.

.........guess I am not so educated after all.

((and I also don't write haiku))

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenny10 View Post
    Don't put words in my mouth or guess my opinion. My question was specifically on officer BAH, not on officer pay. Yeah I got beef with that as well.......
    I didn't; I asked a question. Do you mind answering the question fully, now?
    "Sooner started, Sooner finished." -My motto. Yes, I am an Okie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Officers get more BAH because it's part of their overall compenstation package.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

ringjamesa

Quote Originally Posted by SKLAV View Post
    yeup like i stated before my spelling and grammer sucks. Also I agree degrees are just pieces of paper and quite easy to obtain. However no one has yet supported their argument as to why and E-5 should get better benefits then an O-1. If you want the money then go get your piece of paper a quit complaining.
    So you are of the opinion that Enlisted with degrees should get more BAH? And officers without a degree should get less? Interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by technomage1 View Post
    Officers get more BAH because it's part of their overall compenstation package.
    Exactly....and why would anyone want to join the military as an officer if they didn't get paid more? Without the perks of more pay/better housing, the "status" of being an officer would get old very quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ringjamesa View Post
    So you are of the opinion that Enlisted with degrees should get more BAH? And officers without a degree should get less? Interesting.
    The only officers without degrees are LDO/CWOs. And many of those have their degrees, too.
    Disclaimer: All of the above statements may/may not be based on true events. Your comprehension will vary, based upon literacy, basic understanding of the English language, and most recent bowel movement (or lack thereof). No resemblance to any persons living, dead, undead or co-existing in a parallel universe is intended.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can we get back to the elipses discussion please?...
    L-D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ringjamesa View Post
    No. Because no matter how much more education the NCO has, the Officer still has more responsibility. It's not about education, it's not about BAH, it's not about time in service, it's about responsibility. NCOs do not hold the same level of responsibility as Officers, which is why they get paid more.

If you want to get paid more, do what I did. Get your commission and stop whining. I get tired of hearing about this all across the military. Blah blah blah, they get paid more. I tell you what. You can come to my unit and be in charge for a day. When something goes wrong, whether it's your fault or not, you can have my LTC give you a call and tear you a new a-hole for a while. Then maybe you'll understand.

I swear, this really bothers me, A LOT.

Back to BAH. It's all about the perks. If I got the same BAH as a E-3, I'd have a serious issue with that as a O-2 with a much higher level of responsibility and education (yeah I know, I'm sure there's some E-3 with a Master's Degree somewhere Got it). You can replace E-3 with E-7, and it still wouldn't matter.