Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85

Thread: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

  1. #21
    Member SailorDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    This is the age old argument of blue vs white collar. Why does my boss make more money than me just because he is management and I'm not ?? It's because companies and the military have placed value on that degree and what it may have taken to earn it. That value is in terms of compensation. If you want someone with particular skills, and you as a collective unit (the military or company) have determined that a four year college degree is the prerequisite, then you must be prepared to provide incentive for those people to earn the degree and receive the commission. Those incentives are higher pay or benefits.

    It's supply and demand, folks. Not rocket science. To be an officer (not CWO/LDO) you must have a degree. Do that, we'll pay you more and give you better living conditions. Don't do it, and you don't get the extras.
    Disclaimer: All of the above statements may/may not be based on true events. Your comprehension will vary, based upon literacy, basic understanding of the English language, and most recent bowel movement (or lack thereof). No resemblance to any persons living, dead, undead or co-existing in a parallel universe is intended.

    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by NRTrackChamp2004 View Post
    If only everything was so easy, black and white, and cut and dried.
    It is that easy dont make bad choices, go to school, and apply for one of the many commisoning programs. Providing you have what it takes to make it through all the training youll be an officer. Like i said before no one is limiting your upward mobility but yourself.

  3. #23
    Senior Member E4RUMOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ft Leonard Wood MO
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by kenny10 View Post
    lmao! shut up! I hope to GOD you are not an officer cause you can't spell for sh*t. What a dumb response
    Degrees are just peices of paper nowadays
    And now we know why you aren't an officer...lol... it's P-I-E-C-E-S....not P-E-I-C-E-S.....
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

    "Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

    "Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

  4. #24
    Senior Member E4RUMOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ft Leonard Wood MO
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    But in all fairness, I recant a little of my last. You don't have to know how to spell in order to be an officer. I've met lieutenants that didn't know how to spell their own rank... it's pretty pathetic actually.
    [B]SSgt Mike / USMC[/B]

    "Your mission in life, should you choose to accept it or not, in which this case you don't have a choice..." -SSgt Mike.

    "Don't give fools a foolish answer, or you will be just like them. But answer fools as they should be answered, or they will think they are really wise." Proverbs 26:4-5.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Shrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Local Group
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    And now we know why you aren't an officer...lol... it's P-I-E-C-E-S....not P-E-I-C-E-S.....
    And you failed to correctly use ellipses. Using improper grammar while pointing out someone else's spelling error; yep, must be the internet.

    Retirement rocks!


    A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    yeup like i stated before my spelling and grammer sucks. Also I agree degrees are just pieces of paper and quite easy to obtain. However no one has yet supported their argument as to why and E-5 should get better benefits then an O-1. If you want the money then go get your piece of paper a quit complaining.

  7. #27
    Senior Member ChiefB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Far, West Texas
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    And you failed to correctly use ellipses. Using improper grammar while pointing out someone else's spelling error; yep, must be the internet.

    Also, your failure to recognize the evolution of the ellipsis.:tongue:

    "The ellipsis is one of the favorite constructions of internet chat rooms, and has evolved over the past ten years into a staple of text-messaging. Though an ellipsis is technically complete with three periods (...), its rise in popularity as a "trailing-off" or "silence" indicator, particularly in mid-20th century comic strip and comic book prose writing, has led to expanded uses online. It has been used in new ways online, sometimes at the end of a message "to signal that the rest of the message is forthcoming." [5]

    Today, extended ellipsis of two, seven, ten, or even dozens of periods have become common constructions in internet chat rooms and text messages.[6]
    "Elliptical commas", or, commas used in plurality for the effect of ellipsis or multiple ellipsis, have also grown in popularity online—though no style journal or manual has yet embraced them."

    Grammar guides still discourage placing a conjunction at the start of a sentence, such as "And". If you do, a comma is required (normally) after the conjunction.:tongue:

    Just saying.

    ChiefB

  8. #28
    Senior Member Shrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Local Group
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefB View Post
    Also, your failure to recognize the evolution of the ellipsis.:tongue:

    "The ellipsis is one of the favorite constructions of internet chat rooms, and has evolved over the past ten years into a staple of text-messaging. Though an ellipsis is technically complete with three periods (...), its rise in popularity as a "trailing-off" or "silence" indicator, particularly in mid-20th century comic strip and comic book prose writing, has led to expanded uses online. It has been used in new ways online, sometimes at the end of a message "to signal that the rest of the message is forthcoming." [5]

    Today, extended ellipsis of two, seven, ten, or even dozens of periods have become common constructions in internet chat rooms and text messages.[6]
    "Elliptical commas", or, commas used in plurality for the effect of ellipsis or multiple ellipsis, have also grown in popularity online—though no style journal or manual has yet embraced them."

    Grammar guides still discourage placing a conjunction at the start of a sentence, such as "And". If you do, a comma is required (normally) after the conjunction.:tongue:

    Just saying.

    ChiefB
    I'm a grammar dinosaur, ChiefB, and I willfully refuse to change with the times.
    Retirement rocks!


    A 1911 in the hand is better than 911 on the phone.

  9. #29
    Senior Member ChiefB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Far, West Texas
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
    I'm a grammar dinosaur, ChiefB, and I willfully refuse to change with the times.
    Just the same, its quite impressive to meet someone that recognizes the plural of "ellipsis".... "you failed to correctly use ellipses."

    Touche!

    ChiefB

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

    Quote Originally Posted by E4RUMOR View Post
    And now we know why you aren't an officer...lol... it's P-I-E-C-E-S....not P-E-I-C-E-S.....
    That was a typo! I don't think I have ever spelled a word wrong on this website and I'm 16 credits short of my degree buddy.

Similar Threads

  1. Which came first, the Enlisted man or the Officer
    By 20+Years in forum Air Force
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •