Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Officer BAH vs Enlisted BAH

Quote Originally Posted by FLAPS View Post
    Are you referring to a SSgt or SMSgt? As pay goes, an 0-1 actually makes less than most "Sgts," as they should. However, there is a disparity between officers and enlisted with BAH that should be fixed, and that's to tie it to rank AND TIS. No reason I see for a SMSgt to get less than a single Capt with only 6 years TIS just for the mere fact that as people get older they they tend to have more stuff and larger families. I haven't checked the actual rates to compare the SMSgt to Capt, so this was just an example.
    Well I looked at the BAH Rates and O-1's were given more BAH than Sgt's every single time. An E-6 made about 5 dollars more than a O1. An o2 made more than an E-7, bullcrap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope not an Officer, yeup i know i spell like crap and my grammer sucks although you didnt mention it. What gave you the sense of entitlement that you deserve something without earning it, i know i made a stupid decision and didnt go to college before i came in. You had the same choice to make and you chose your path whatever that is. Officers chose the path to go to college and live a better life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKLAV View Post
    Nope not an Officer, yeup i know i spell like crap and my grammer sucks although you didnt mention it. What gave you the sense of entitlement that you deserve something without earning it, i know i made a stupid decision and didnt go to college before i came in. You had the same choice to make and you chose your path whatever that is. Officers chose the path to go to college and live a better life.
    LMAO stop, seriously just stop now. Sense of entitlement that I deserve to get the same damn BAH pay as a boot ass LT who wanted to party hard throughout colllege.........I've done more in my first three years, that a damn boot ass LT yet they get to have higher living standards than me just because they have a degree? You are f'n kidding me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope they get payed more because they have demonstrated meeting deadlines, holding responsability, intelligence, writing ability, critical thinking abilities, not to mention they also met the required standard to get the benifits, you havnt. As an O-1 they will be directly held responsabile for more lives and euipment then you and required to make tactical decisons and plan operations. A good Lt will seek recommendadtions from more experinced members of his Platoon so he can make the best informed decision. If something goes wrong the commander isnt going to put a Sgts ass on the chopping block it will be your Plt Commanders butt on the line. I Agree ,a degree is just a piece of paper and i ve seen some complete idiots with them however they worked to meet the standard you didnt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nope they get payed more because they have demonstrated meeting deadlines, holding responsability, intelligence, writing ability, critical thinking abilities, not to mention they also met the required standard to get the benifits, you havnt. As an O-1 they will be directly held responsabile for more lives and euipment then you and required to make tactical decisons and plan operations. A good Lt will seek recommendadtions from more experinced members of his Platoon so he can make the best informed decision. If something goes wrong the commander isnt going to put a Sgts ass on the chopping block it will be your Plt Commanders butt on the line. I Agree ,a degree is just a piece of paper and i ve seen some complete idiots with them however they worked to meet the standard you didnt.
    oh hahahahahahhahahhaha I can't even comment back on this one. who the hell are you anyways? Are you even in the damn military? What a crock of crap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeup sure am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

WOW!! What fantasy world are you in? haha!
    Corporal Bradley
    United States Marine Corps
    Semper Fi

"Old breed? New breed? There's not a damn bit of difference so long as it's the Marine breed." - Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Probationary Sapient of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Marine Corps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Our Corps gives us ample oppurtunity to move up in rank and earn a commision. If you fail to take advantage of it it is your own fault no one is limiting your upward mobility but yourselves. If you hate officers because they earn more then you too bad they earned it and took advantage of the available Marine Officer Programs that you also can do. If you dont want the money then dont do it its that simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If only everything was so easy, black and white, and cut and dried.
    Corporal Bradley
    United States Marine Corps
    Semper Fi

"Old breed? New breed? There's not a damn bit of difference so long as it's the Marine breed." - Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Probationary Sapient of the Troll Cabal