Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another CSM with no combat patch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Another CSM with no combat patch

Quote Originally Posted by MCGYVER View Post
    I fully concur with you clem157, if you aint Combat Arms, you are purely support. Not that supporters are unimportant, after all, where would pro sports teams be without their fans?
    How typicaly ignorant, I can recall 365x2 times I saw all 3 of those listed sitting on towers while the 31B's were out working in the streets. I know you guys hate it when were better armed, better vehicles and arn't full of HS drop outs and ex-cons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

armysocks, I was honestly kidding because I thought that clem was joking so I was following suit. Lighten up.
    No matter what you do some will always find fault because that is their only focus/goal and source of joy. They are negative by nature and weak in character. These people are the losers of society. Avoid them like the plague.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armysoks View Post
    How typicaly ignorant, I can recall 365x2 times I saw all 3 of those listed sitting on towers while the 31B's were out working in the streets. I know you guys hate it when were better armed, better vehicles and arn't full of HS drop outs and ex-cons.
    Are you serious. Yeah you might have seen some grunts sitting on a tower but the overwhelming majority of the Infantry is out there doing its job. The majority of the MP's I have seen in my 365x3 deployments were handing out tickets, processing and guarding detainees, convoy security, sitting on towers and serving on PTT teams. Yes, there are MP's that are patrolling streets, but they aren't land owners. So when sh*t hits the fan, and a couple hundred insurgents decide they own the block, nobody ask where is the nearest MP unit. And as far as your better armed and better vehicles remark, I would like a couple of shots of whatever made you say that. Or did MP's start getting Bradley's with a 25mm cannon, Strykers, Javelins, TOW missile, 120mm mortars(or any kind of mortars for that matter) and fire support in the last 30 days since I left the Army. So what better weapons and vehicles do you have, because we also have mark 19's and M2's. The only difference is that we actually train on the full employment of our weapon systems, and not just how to set one up and clean it. That's why the MP's I worked with didn't know how to properly do a range card and concepts like PDF, TRP's, covering dead space and weapon rates of fire just confused them. Also, somebody who is trying to call Infantryman idiots should know how to spell "aren't"," typically is spelled with two L's and should also know that "drop out" used in this context is one word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hear Hear. Since when do the MPs work on par with the Infantry in theater? And when did you patrol anything other than a Green Zone that the 11Bs, 11Cs, and 13Fs didn't already clear out for you. How many times have you guys had to cry for daddy to come bail you out when you got yourselves in over your head? Also, I know a LOT more high school dropout MPs than I do 11Bs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ALCON,

Sorry I know that last post was off topic. It had to be addressed though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gold_Reaper View Post
    It may be funny, but what happened to the last SPC4,5,6,7s that were left in the Army? I could be wrong, and if I am, I'm hereby humbled and stand corrected.

Personally, I don't have any idea who you guys are talking about, nor did I ever refer to this COL. Another post, perhaps?

Your OER doesn't have to be exceptional in order to get away with sham'baggery. I know plenty of lackluster officers who get with their branch manager to get them where they want to go, regardless of what's on their OER. Golf Swing, Politics, and the Good Ol' Boys Club is in full effect.

I'm sure you're working with a small sample there, grasshopper. How many 1SGs and LTCs and above do you know? Really. I can assure you if someone doesn't want to deploy, I'd bet a month's pay that it's probably on their own accord. How many people get that lucky to completely avoid a deployment all together in this day and age? Hell we've only been at war for, oh nearly a DECADE NOW? If you're a brand new PFC or LT, there's a possibility that you may never see what this place looks like. If you're a frickin CSM and you have no idea what it's like to be here, then how dare you stand before trainees to send them off to war.

Join the club. I'm in my chu right now in beautiful former Mesopotamia. I've enjoyed the sites and fireworks thus far.

Signed, the Gold Reaper

Hey gold, I just made a reference to your SPC4,5,7 comment. Everything else was extraneous.

But since you commented on my remarks allow me to respond.

The female COL is shown on AFN and she doesnt have a combat patch. My point is that her and the CSM that is in charge at Benning moved up in position based on their merits in which a deployment was not necessary.

My OER remark was again in reference to their promotions. But remember if a Commissioned Officer is passed over 2 times for promotion they get the boot. Obviously that pertains to O-3 and above. Branch has no oversight on that but places in the needs of the Army. I have seem officers with numerous deployments work with branch to get an assigment that works for their benefit.

Well, this grasshopper has been in for 20 years and seen alot. I am in a top heavy unit (majority O-3s and above and got a good grasp of opinions. But yes, nobody here has a view on the total Army experience.

I agree with you on the CSM observation. When I was an NCO in BNCOC our Senior SGL havent had no combat experience and screaming at us about vehicle load plans. Yeah, we had an opinion about that.

Well I am in ASTAN now and fought in 05/06 in Iraq so stay safe and enjoy your tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This equates to incompetence, at the backbone level. There are hundreds of them, and they are quick to demoralize and sling slurs at those with quadruple or more deployments. At this juncture this is a CSM, in need of stepping down. So, do the right thing, leave it on the table and walk away. You have been weighed and measure and found lacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not read all of the previous comments, but what did he do to receive the Bronze Star? Isn't that a war-time award equivalent to the MSM?
    success...

I am sure that I am plagiarizing someone.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. - Bill Cosby

Oh I Hate To Wait {oih82w8}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clem157 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief if you are not Combat Arms Infantry, Armor, or Artillery then you are not a soldier you are a service member!
    Tell that to the Signal NCO's, Supply NCO's / Officers and Medical NCO's who have served on Transition Teams right next to those Combat Arms Soldiers. For one year, each and everyone of those Soldiers are 11B's first; then did their own MOS second. Tell that to the families of the Soldiers who have been killed who were not in a Combat Arms MOS. Your comments and those comments of your fellow Soldiers who bad mouth any Soldier regardless of their MOS who has either given his/her life in the service of our country or who volunteer to serve and defend us is a disgrace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the replies mention that the original link has been changed; this is a different CSM.