Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another CSM with no combat patch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Another CSM with no combat patch

Quote Originally Posted by Creaminess View Post
    This guy's actually been in the job well over a year:

http://www.usma.edu/CSM/CSMbio.asp

OK, now I will say that he's been recruiting and in USAREC jobs over 20 years, but how do you go from a recruiting command job to West Point? If they were looking at putting him somewhere, maybe downrange would have been a good idea.
    Command Sgt. Maj. Mahoney’s awards and decorations include the Legion of Merit, the Bronze Star Medal, the Meritorious Service Medal, the Afghanistan Campaign Medal, the Iraq Campaign Medal, the Kosovo Campaign Medal, the Multinational Force and Observers Medal, and the NATO Medal. He has earned the Combat Infantryman’s Badge, the Expert Infantryman’s Badge, the Ranger Tab, and the Master Parachutist Badge.

If you are refering to this guy you eed to relook the photo...CIB and Bronze star with associated campaign medals...he has been to combat fellas...(I clicked on your link)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Somebody changed the link. That is not the same guy it was a couple weeks ago.
    No matter what you do some will always find fault because that is their only focus/goal and source of joy. They are negative by nature and weak in character. These people are the losers of society. Avoid them like the plague.

ramrod

That's funny. Yeah, it was some career counselor I think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    That's funny. Yeah, it was some career counselor I think.
    It was a former recruiter. Can't recall that guy's name now, but I see he apparently isn't there anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I feel better...I was totally freaked out when I saw the link...but I concur if the guy hasn't been to combat as an E9..he needs to have his tail thrown out....especially when we have been at war for 8 years now...but then again...I have seen alot of Field grade officers who have a slick right sleeve...having 4 tours...(and being a Field Grade) i have absolutely no respect for anyone O4 and above with no combat service.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobra6 View Post
    Ok, I feel better...I was totally freaked out when I saw the link...but I concur if the guy hasn't been to combat as an E9..he needs to have his tail thrown out....especially when we have been at war for 8 years now...but then again...I have seen alot of Field grade officers who have a slick right sleeve...having 4 tours...(and being a Field Grade) i have absolutely no respect for anyone O4 and above with no combat service.
    Not sure where you are right now, but I'm stationed in Germany and see this a lot. And the worst is when I see AFN commercials where the person shown speaking is an officer from the European Regional Medical Command (ERMC). Most of them are field grades and above, and very few have patches. Now, I realize that there are some medical specialties that are very small fields and maybe they don't deploy MUCH, but we've been at war for 8 years now. If you've been in that whole time and haven't been downrange, there's a good chance that's because you're trying not to go. That really annoys me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Remember, if those are doctors in that AFN commercial, they could have come in at O3 or above and that's their first tour.
    Disclaimer: All of the above statements may/may not be based on true events. Your comprehension will vary, based upon literacy, basic understanding of the English language, and most recent bowel movement (or lack thereof). No resemblance to any persons living, dead, undead or co-existing in a parallel universe is intended.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"i have absolutely no respect for anyone O4 and above with no combat service."

Yea, me either. I agree with you. But in this instance, the guy's in a non-deployable MOS. It's not really his fault. It's not like he's dodging it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSMUROTC View Post
    "i have absolutely no respect for anyone O4 and above with no combat service."

Yea, me either. I agree with you. But in this instance, the guy's in a non-deployable MOS. It's not really his fault. It's not like he's dodging it.
    Ok, that is a new one....what MOS is non-deployable???? I never heard of that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

... 79R, recruiter ...

while I don't think there's anywhere that it says "79R is non-deployable," to my knowledge, it is not an MOS that is authorized on ANY MTOE document, and I don't see how a 79R would just up and get themselves assigned to an MTOE unit.