Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Harrassing Smokers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Harrassing Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by Robert F. Dorr View Post
    Everybody in your shop suddenly turned gay the minute a Democratic president and Senate and a Republican House of Representatives allowed gays to serve openly? Gay people don't smoke?
    Just to correct you. The House of Representatives was controlled by the Democrats when the legistlation passed, in 2010. So all 3 were controlled by the Democrats. It was passed during the lame duck session. Unless I'm missing something that I don't know about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcoco14 View Post
    Just to correct you. The House of Representatives was controlled by the Democrats when the legistlation passed, in 2010. So all 3 were controlled by the Democrats. It was passed during the lame duck session. Unless I'm missing something that I don't know about.
    That seems about right. Only fair that they should have to clean up the mess they made through their bigoted policies...
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pullinteeth View Post
    That seems about right. Only fair that they should have to clean up the mess they made through their bigoted policies...
    Without derailing this thread anymore... I was correcting an mistake he made in his post, that's it. Bigoted or not is opinionated and should be defered into another dead horse beating thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcoco14 View Post
    Without derailing this thread anymore... I was correcting an mistake he made in his post, that's it. Bigoted or not is opinionated and should be defered into another dead horse beating thread.
    After a page of completely off topic posts (including yours) you feel the need to tell me that my post is off topic?
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was doing some Googling today and I found this:
    A Dutch study published last year in the Public Library of Science Medicine journal said that health care costs for smokers were about $326,000 from age 20 on, compared to about $417,000 for thin and healthy people.

The reason: The thin, healthy people lived much longer.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...co-costs_N.htm

No idea if it is true or not. On the bright side, I quit smoking. I figured out that I extended my life by 10 years and will collect an additional $700K in retirement over that timeframe. I hate to say it, but I think non-smokers are a bigger burden on the tax payer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StephenH View Post
    Was doing some Googling today and I found this:
    A Dutch study published last year in the Public Library of Science Medicine journal said that health care costs for smokers were about $326,000 from age 20 on, compared to about $417,000 for thin and healthy people.

The reason: The thin, healthy people lived much longer.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...co-costs_N.htm

No idea if it is true or not. On the bright side, I quit smoking. I figured out that I extended my life by 10 years and will collect an additional $700K in retirement over that timeframe. I hate to say it, but I think non-smokers are a bigger burden on the tax payer.
    StephanH: you've just necroposted your own thread which was threadjacked over a year ago! There must be a term for this but it's too early to think of it.

north korea? North of Seoul, Pyeongtaek or Pusan?:biggrin
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    StephanH: you've just necroposted your own thread which was threadjacked over a year ago! There must be a term for this but it's too early to think of it.

north korea? North of Seoul, Pyeongtaek or Pusan?:biggrin
    Necrojacking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sandsjames View Post
    Necrojacking?
    I thought that was when you sexually assaulted a dead guy?
    Do you know the difference between education and experience? Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't. -Pete Seeger

Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. -Arnold Palmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jshiver15 View Post
    I thought that was when you sexually assaulted a dead guy?
    That is so wrong. Funny, but wrong.
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afpaperjockey View Post
    I'd rather work with a shop full of smokers, but instead I work with homosexuals. Thank you Obama.....
    You're sort of right. Obama was a communist for allowing gay people to openly serve.

But the REAL cause of the problem was evil liberals putting fluoride in the water. Christian scientists have found fluoride to be the leading cause of the sin of homosexuality in America.