Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Out

Coming Out

So I sent an email to almost everyone in my chain of command(including my commander) that I am a homosexual. Does this mean I will be automatically kicked out? Are they actually going to investigate and see if I'm really gay? Or will they tolerate my gayness because they need me? I'm way past the point of caring who thinks I'm gay or not, and if I do get discharged...oh well, not the end of the world. Oh yea, I'm in the Air Force BTW.
    http://www.myspace.com/unkemptgoose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coming Out

Just show up to unit PT in those new and approved PT running shorts and that would eliminate any further doubt on your supervision's part. And to be honest, you'll be gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...and offer to fellate your CC.
    The current special guest sig:
    "I believe that I asked for information and not an opinion."
    usafmailmover, 11-4-12, 09:41 AM.

Cabal Director of Rail Transportation Accounts Payable ‹(•¿•)›

Pro Deo Et Patria :usa2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why did you feel the need to announce it? Couldn't you just live the way you wanted and as openly as you wanted while still following the basic concept of don't ask/don't tell? To me, this isn't living a lie anymore than heterosexuals not climbing on their commander's desk announcing their heterosexuality. I realize that there are nuances to the basic "don't" rule where it seems official action can start simply if a third party accuses you. If that were to occur, then it becomes a "don't lie" situation, wait to see what happens, and fight if you want.

But it seems that your purpose was simply to make a statement. As such, I hope you are discharged immediately, regardless of whether they need you. I also hope that the day after your discharge is effective, the policy changes to allow gays but your discharge stands because you broke the rules that existed at the time of your actions. The AF doesn't need grandstanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's there to investigate; you've admitted it. I'd probably go ahead and start packing (leave it alone Machine666... rofl)

Not sure whay your rationale was... if it was to force your units hand and see what they did, I'd say they've got no choice but to discharge you... if it was to test the waters and see if they'd let you stay; might have worked if you stuck to sharing this with your CC personally... but the fact that you shotgunned out an email, now it has everyone attention.

Hope it works out how you wanted...
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedAirman View Post
    Why did you feel the need to announce it? Couldn't you just live the way you wanted and as openly as you wanted while still following the basic concept of don't ask/don't tell? To me, this isn't living a lie anymore than heterosexuals not climbing on their commander's desk announcing their heterosexuality. I realize that there are nuances to the basic "don't" rule where it seems official action can start simply if a third party accuses you. If that were to occur, then it becomes a "don't lie" situation, wait to see what happens, and fight if you want.

But it seems that your purpose was simply to make a statement. As such, I hope you are discharged immediately, regardless of whether they need you. I also hope that the day after your discharge is effective, the policy changes to allow gays but your discharge stands because you broke the rules that existed at the time of your actions. The AF doesn't need grandstanders.
    I can't speak for this young man...but having spoken to a few others in this situation, the reason why they opted to "tell" rather than just live the life is because normally...for simply telling that you are gay, you get an honorable discharge. If you are "found out" to be gay, you often get some other than honorable.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TWC760 View Post
    So I sent an email to almost everyone in my chain of command(including my commander) that I am a homosexual. Does this mean I will be automatically kicked out? Are they actually going to investigate and see if I'm really gay? Or will they tolerate my gayness because they need me? I'm way past the point of caring who thinks I'm gay or not, and if I do get discharged...oh well, not the end of the world. Oh yea, I'm in the Air Force BTW.
    Most likely you will be discharged.

Your CC does have the option of not believing you...I'm sure he'll let you know shortly whether or not he is initiating discharge actions.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Homosexuality is a filthy, disease-ridden practice explicitly condemned by God.

And, TWC, you may also be a piece of feces worker who doesn't meet appointments, pays his bills, or has a good work ethic, and is just using this as a gimmick to get out from your enlistment. If you're this type of individual, the JAG already has the pre-filled out paperwork for you.

NEXT.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smarg View Post
    Homosexuality is a filthy, disease-ridden practice explicitly condemned by God.
    ...and Santa Claus isn't too fond of it either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    ...and Santa Claus isn't too fond of it either.
    Yes, but if you're a Catholic priest playing Santa Claus, you may very well be fond of little boys.