Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coming Out

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    What's there to investigate; you've admitted it. I'd probably go ahead and start packing (leave it alone Machine666... rofl)

Not sure whay your rationale was... if it was to force your units hand and see what they did, I'd say they've got no choice but to discharge you... if it was to test the waters and see if they'd let you stay; might have worked if you stuck to sharing this with your CC personally... but the fact that you shotgunned out an email, now it has everyone attention.

Hope it works out how you wanted...
    he already admitted that he has been doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Measure Man View Post
    I can't speak for this young man...but having spoken to a few others in this situation, the reason why they opted to "tell" rather than just live the life is because normally...for simply telling that you are gay, you get an honorable discharge. If you are "found out" to be gay, you often get some other than honorable.
    Yes, actually this is exactly why I did it. I heard that if my command simply finds out by being tipped off, then I could get a general discharge and lose benefits. I have reason to believe that my command would find out that I am gay sooner or later.
    http://www.myspace.com/unkemptgoose

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TWC760 View Post
    Yes, actually this is exactly why I did it. I heard that if my command simply finds out by being tipped off, then I could get a general discharge and lose benefits. I have reason to believe that my command would find out that I am gay sooner or later.
    So why did you enlist of your own free will then, knowing and signing the rules/enlistment beforehand?

Are you a dreg, trying to scam out of your enlistment early because you don't like people telling you what to do?

Homosexuality is a filthy, disease-ridden practice explicitly condemned by God.

Word.

Quote Originally Posted by smarg View Post
    So why did you enlist of your own free will then, knowing and signing the rules/enlistment beforehand?

Are you a dreg, trying to scam out of your enlistment early because you don't like people telling you what to do?

Homosexuality is a filthy, disease-ridden practice explicitly condemned by God.

Word.
    I really didn't think anyone would care about my sexual orientation when I enlisted. I don't flaunt it around at work or anything. But apparently there are some people here that, like you, seem to be overly interested in my personal life. So what, I'm gay. I'm not going to rape anyone...

I believe having heterosexual relations is an abomination and is condemned by Ammon-Zeus himself! May the Gods save you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe having heterosexual relations is an abomination and is condemned by Ammon-Zeus himself! May the Gods save you!!!
    Unless that includes solo action... I think smarg is safe; word on the streets is smarg don't get much of the heterosexual relations. That's why he's always so grumpy!
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

word of advice

you never go ass to mouth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unless that includes solo action... I think smarg is safe; word on the streets is smarg don't get much of the heterosexual relations. That's why he's always so grumpy!
    oh wait... if you're loving on yourself... isn't that kinda homosexual?

But I digress... lol
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't speak to your specific situation... but just throwing it out there... not sure if it applies in this situation... but I know it does in cases such as illegal drug use. Admitting illegla behavior because you suspect you may be under investigation negates any positive outcome... if your CC had already found out and was in the process of an investigation, you may be too late.

Can't speak to your specific situation... but just throwing it out there... not sure if it applies in this situation... but I know it does in cases such as illegal drug use. Admitting illegla behavior because you suspect you may be under investigation negates any positive outcome... if your CC had already found out and was in the process of an investigation, you may be too late.
    I see. Does anyone know what the worst possible outcome is? Could I be dishonorably discharged? Also, does anyone know what the most likely outcome is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't flaunt it around at work or anything.
    What would you call sending an email about it to your entire chain of command?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][URL="http://www.afblues.com"]Air Force Blues [/URL]| [URL="http://www.airforcetimes.com/tnlink.php"]Air Force Toons [/URL]| [URL="http://www.mildenhall.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123151419"]Box D Blues[/URL][/FONT]