Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: (DELETED OP)

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tips on how to improve your chance of becoming an Air Force Officer

Hi, here's my situation:

1- I have a BS in Electrical Engineering with concentration in telecommunications & electronics engineering from an ABET Accredited College with a GPA of 3.19.
    2- I speak Spanish & English
    3- I am prior service, I have served in the US ARMY Reserve & ROTC
    4- I can provide multiple recommendation letters from college professors and from the leadership of multiple non-profits organizations.
    5- I have been a mathematics tutor twice and i have field experience as a telecommunication technician.

What are my chances to become a commissioned Officer? Do I need to take the AFOQT Exam? If so, What else do i need?
    -Thank You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saldana50587 View Post
    Hi, here's my situation:

1- I have a BS in Electrical Engineering with concentration in telecommunications & electronics engineering from an ABET Accredited College with a GPA of 3.19.
    2- I speak Spanish & English
    3- I am prior service, I have served in the US ARMY Reserve & ROTC
    4- I can provide multiple recommendation letters from college professors and from the leadership of multiple non-profits organizations.
    5- I have been a mathematics tutor twice and i have field experience as a telecommunication technician.

What are my chances to become a commissioned Officer? Do I need to take the AFOQT Exam? If so, What else do i need?
    -Thank You
    How old are you? Yes you will have to take the AFOQT.
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blatantly ripping off saldana's post (its well set up).

1- I have a BS in Systems Engineering with concentration in mechanical engineering and a Masters in Applied Science.
    2- Masters project was designing a real time high accuracy sound based location sensor system (very electrical engineering)
    3- My wife is a SSGT
    4- I can provide multiple recommendation letters from college professors (one who is a previous NSF higher up)
    5- 91-76-99-98-96 AFOQT scores

What are my chances to become a commissioned Officer? Specifically I was wanting to become a 62E1E Developmental Engineer- Electrical/Electronic Engineer.

I don't have a degree in Electrical engineering specifically, but I have quite a bit of electrical background and do have a masters and the abet engineering degree.

Thanks

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi, here's my situation: (copied from saldana)

1- I have a BS in Systems Engineering with concentration in mechanical engineering (GPA 3.1) and a masters in Applied Science (GPA 3.5).
    2- Masters project was to build a real time sound based high accuracy location sensor system (so I have a fair bit of electrical experience)
    3- 28 yrs old
    4- I can provide multiple recommendation letters from college professors (one who was a higher up in the NSF).
    5- AFOQT was 91-76-99-98-96

I was specifically wanting to know about the 62E1E Developmental Engineer Electrical/Electronics positions- do they require a straight up EE degree?
    I have a fair amount of electrical experience, and EE are the only 62E the AF wants atm. How good are my chances?
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diaz28 View Post
    Hi, here's my situation: (copied from saldana)

1- I have a BS in Systems Engineering with concentration in mechanical engineering (GPA 3.1) and a masters in Applied Science (GPA 3.5).
    2- Masters project was to build a real time sound based high accuracy location sensor system (so I have a fair bit of electrical experience)
    3- 28 yrs old
    4- I can provide multiple recommendation letters from college professors (one who was a higher up in the NSF).
    5- AFOQT was 91-76-99-98-96

I was specifically wanting to know about the 62E1E Developmental Engineer Electrical/Electronics positions- do they require a straight up EE degree?
    I have a fair amount of electrical experience, and EE are the only 62E the AF wants atm. How good are my chances?
    Thanks
    3.2. Education. The following education is mandatory for entry into the AFSC indicated: (Engineering degrees must be in a school that has at least one program accredited by a nationally recognized body in engineering. Currently, the national accrediting body is the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.)
    3.2.2. 62E1X. Undergraduate engineering degree in the specialization identified by the suffix except shredouts F, and G.
    E .................................................. ................. Electrical/Electronic
    “I say, imagine in your private life, if you decided that I’m not going to pay my mortgage for a month or two—first of all you’re not saving money by not paying your mortgage. You’re just a dead beat. “

--Barak Obama

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not
    --John Lennon

Lord of the Pings

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey everyone im looking for some info on my chances of getting into the Air Force as an officer. I know i can get some fantastic letters of recommendations from close friends and family that were in the service. im mostly worried about the interview and the test. Consider me a child when it comes to how the military works but i know its something that will make me become the best possible individual i can become.

background info:
    -Graduating in december with BS in Biology and a minor in Chemistry
    -3.0 GPA
    -Associates Degree in Science
    -Certificate in Health Studies
    -EMT Certification
    -Volunteer Fireman for 8 years
    -Took Practice ASVAB - 90 (3 years ago- before BS)
    -3 years of college rugby
    -started a fraternity
    -served as a officer to Fire Dept and Fraternity

Im looking toward possibly doing PA school, but im not sure what i really want to do just know that what ever i do i will do really well i just want to be in a position where im happy bc the happier i am the better i work

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alhaze56 View Post
    Hey everyone im looking for some info on my chances of getting into the Air Force as an officer. I know i can get some fantastic letters of recommendations from close friends and family that were in the service. im mostly worried about the interview and the test. Consider me a child when it comes to how the military works but i know its something that will make me become the best possible individual i can become.

background info:
    -Graduating in december with BS in Biology and a minor in Chemistry
    -3.0 GPA
    -Associates Degree in Science
    -Certificate in Health Studies
    -EMT Certification
    -Volunteer Fireman for 8 years
    -Took Practice ASVAB - 90 (3 years ago- before BS)
    -3 years of college rugby
    -started a fraternity
    -served as a officer to Fire Dept and Fraternity

Im looking toward possibly doing PA school, but im not sure what i really want to do just know that what ever i do i will do really well i just want to be in a position where im happy bc the happier i am the better i work
    ohh im 24 if that changes anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alhaze56 View Post
    ohh im 24 if that changes anything
    You GPA is kind of low and it will place you at a disadvantage unless you do really well on the AFOQT. It seems to me that you are somewhat incline to pursue a health professions background. If that's the case you might want to think to apply to medical or nursing school. If you apply to med school you can get a scholarship that will give you a free ride to college in exchange for year to year commitment. If you decide nursing there is no scholarship for BSN degree but there is loan repayment.

The problem with PA is that is one of those specialties which the AF might have slots available one year and not on the next. For example the past few years we were hiring a lot of PA's and giving lots of scholarships but for this year and next there won't be a requirement. Nursing and MD's/DO's are always open for slots.
    Antes de que vengas a juzgarme por que escribo el inglés con errores te pregunto: Cuantos idiomas tu hablas?! Solo uno? Y vienes a juzgar mi inteligencia?! Por favor mirate en el espejo y veras en él reflejo la imagen clara de la estupidez...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"There is always firefighting/rescue crews on the flightline as Enlisted."

Newbie - (Restricted)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread has been very helpful as I am currently trying to become an Air Force Officer, but it seem as though I will have a lot of work cut out for me. I am 23 years old and recently graduated with a 2.8gpa in Bachelors of Arts in History. I have not taken the AFOQT yet, but I'm sure if I prepare myself I can do well to make up for my low gpa. I have been active during my college career with positions of Webmaster in International Students Association Counsel and various international organizations. I also participate in sports such as intramural basketball and flag football if that helps for anything to show active lifestyle and teamwork. How are my chances of obtaining a career with the Air Force in a non-technical field?