Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When did it become cool to brag?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When did it become cool to brag?

When did it become cool to brag about being in the military? now im not saying its dumb to be proud of what you do as i am extremely proud but some people take it too far. For example, ive seen several cars leaving base with their AFSC badge on the back of their window and i even saw a car that said AEF4. Why the hell would you put that as your license plate? In case you forget? Personally, i like to keep a low profile that im in the military. I dont go around with huge AF stickers on my car, or even show my military ID if not needed, or wear my uniform when somewhere like target which i do see quite a bit. Maybe it is just me but i just dont feel it is neccessary to boast about being in the military.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: When did it become cool to brag?

Shit, I don't even tell people I'm in the military.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JTAC_Sean View Post
    Shit, I don't even tell people I'm in the military.
    Your beret and ABUs kind of give it away,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper5 View Post
    You're a sharp one.

Golf Clap for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Out of uniform, I don't say a thing. I prefer to use my driver's license if ID'ed at a bar or something. Why draw the attention? We've got big enough crosshairs on us from militants worldwide.
    He who is remembered, is immortal. But he who is forgotton, never lived.
    We are the beasts, the bastards, the terrors in the night. And we're all that stand between you and what you fear most.
    Shaman Arbites of the Troll Cabal
    I voted for Shrike and all I got was this stupid Ambassadorship!
    Shrike's Czar of the War on Flat-Chestedness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper5 View Post
    I should have been more specific. I meant out of uniform, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasons View Post
    Out of uniform, I don't say a thing. I prefer to use my driver's license if ID'ed at a bar or something. Why draw the attention? We've got big enough crosshairs on us from militants worldwide.
    While I also use my driver's license and not my military ID when I get carded, it's certainly not because I'm worried Al-Qaeda has operatives hiding around the bars in KS or NC or NY or FL. It's because a lot of places either charge a cover for military or don't let them in. (When you get away from the crap towns outside the gates, that is.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While I also use my driver's license and not my military ID when I get carded, it's certainly not because I'm worried Al-Qaeda has operatives hiding around the bars in KS or NC or NY or FL. It's because a lot of places either charge a cover for military or don't let them in. (When you get away from the crap towns outside the gates, that is.)
    That habit here keeps me from doing stupid shit overseas, where it is a real threat.
    He who is remembered, is immortal. But he who is forgotton, never lived.
    We are the beasts, the bastards, the terrors in the night. And we're all that stand between you and what you fear most.
    Shaman Arbites of the Troll Cabal
    I voted for Shrike and all I got was this stupid Ambassadorship!
    Shrike's Czar of the War on Flat-Chestedness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never been denied entry into a bar or charged cover for being in the military. Not even when I was in Guam where a lot of locals really don't like us. Where are these bars you're talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kobrien22 View Post
    I've never been denied entry into a bar or charged cover for being in the military. Not even when I was in Guam where a lot of locals really don't like us. Where are these bars you're talking about?
    Manhattan, KS. Home of Kansas State University, with Fort Riley 20 minutes up the road. You have 20,000 Army guys and 20,000 frat guys fighting over the same territory and the same pieces of ass every weekend. Literally fighting, every weekend. Guess who always goes to jail even if they don't always start it? Yeah, the military guys.

The bars don't charge because your military; they know they can't get away with that. So they charge $10-$15 cover charge if you don't have a KSU student ID, which means the military. There's ways around it, of course. My favorite is being a function alcoholic because then all the bouncers know you and let you in anyway.

Not easy on the liver, but it is easier on the pocketbook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kansas?! I'm sorry.