Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tak Joe Bonham?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Tak Joe Bonham?

I know a few among us were under the impression that "John Drake" was a new alias of Joe Bonham, what interested me most was this simple reply to a simple inquiry from me:

"OK. Mods, seriously? What did John Drake do? I've been back and forth with him non-stop for a day and a half, yet the conversations were quite civil and if anything the harassing comments were towards this individual and not from them. I have to wonder if this is a suddenly political stance, and not a violation of the TOS issue."

The reply as follows:

""john drake" was an alternate account that "tak" was using to circumvent his ban. He was warned earlier today by Bourne to discontinue it's use. Since he did continue this account was also banned."

Interesting how the Tak and Joe Bonham bans seem to be so closely tied together eh?
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." ~ Thomas Jefferson

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Is Tak Joe Bonham?

I personally doubt that just because they could track the account by the IP address and know that both account belong to the same member.

If JB an Tak were the same person that means that he would have gone to some cumbersome measures to post on one account then post on the other. Not technologically difficult but really kind of extreme for someone who just wanted to post on a simple message board.

If that was the case the that person needs some serious help.

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

@AJBIGJ

I would fall out of my chair if the old JB and the Tak accounts were the person. That doesn't seem possible to me; do you really think that are you joking?

Honestly, I'm starting to worry if I'm spending too much time in here myself. Why should I even care about this petty little drama?

I might be better off if I just went back to posting pictures of Lilly Ghalichi.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absinthe Anecdote View Post
    AJBIGJ I might be better off if I just went back to posting pictures of Lilly Ghalichi.
    Please !!

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If Tak = John Drake, then Tak seriously changed up his style of posting. I had my suspicions, but the only thing that got me thinking that John Drake had anything to do with Tak was that RobotChicken liked and thanks every post John Drake made. It is nice to see such unwaivering loyalty from subordinates.

I do not think Tak = JB.

The most comical part of all this: the same folks that yell and scream about how much they hate what this place turned into, yet can't seem to stay away.
    When things go wrong in your command, start searching for the reason in increasingly larger concentric circles around your own desk.
    -GEN Bruce C. Clarke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No way Tak was JB. That would have been an impressive case of multi-personalities.
    Advice from JD2780:

"don't post angry"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 20+Years View Post
    No way Tak was JB. That would have been an impressive case of multi-personalities.
    He came close with John Drake.

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Senior Member Absinthe Anecdote's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

This reminds me of that 1970s sitcom, Soap. One of the characters used to carry around a ventriloquist dummy all the time and for some reason they took it away from him.

The guy flipped out and started grabbing everything he could possibly use as a proxy dummy, like hamburger buns and grapefruit halves.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AJBIGJ View Post
    I know a few among us were under the impression that "John Drake" was a new alias of Joe Bonham, what interested me most was this simple reply to a simple inquiry from me:

"OK. Mods, seriously? What did John Drake do? I've been back and forth with him non-stop for a day and a half, yet the conversations were quite civil and if anything the harassing comments were towards this individual and not from them. I have to wonder if this is a suddenly political stance, and not a violation of the TOS issue."

The reply as follows:

""john drake" was an alternate account that "tak" was using to circumvent his ban. He was warned earlier today by Bourne to discontinue it's use. Since he did continue this account was also banned."

Interesting how the Tak and Joe Bonham bans seem to be so closely tied together eh?
    I seriously doubt that Tak and Joe Bonham are the same person. I do think that this new John Drake person is the old JB. If you remember the explanation of how the name Joe Bonham was selected you could safely assume the person who picked that name would select John Drake as a new name. It could also be that someone who is very bored did enough research and tried to assume JB's old role.

The interesting thing is that the moderator is claiming they are matching IP addresses up to individual users. Let's use Tak as an example. Tak is located at Minot AFB. I have never personally been to Minot but I assume the options for an Internet Service Provider (ISP) are slim. Let's say Tak is using Time Warner Cable as his ISP. Time Warner normally uses dynamic IP addresses (a new IP is assigned each time the computer connects) as opposed to static IP addresses (IP address assigned to a computer and does not change). So if Tak unplugs his modem or takes his computer off the interent he will then be assigned a new IP by Time Warner. Since Time Warner has a limited number of IP addresses it is possible that another user may logon to this site from Minot and be flagged because they have a similar IP address to Tak. The other issue you could run into is people who access MTF from their phones. Tak used to logon here from his phone while at the gym, from work (before he retired), and from his house. He has no doubt logged onto this site with several different IPs. I highly doubt they can block them all. Especially when you consider that a completely different user could show up under one of those IP addresses if they logon from a location Tak previously did (the base gym for example)

Also it is important to remember that people could also effectively "cloak their IP" by using a VPN or proxy. Now I do realize that there was a popup box stating proxy servers are no longer allowed here. A VPN is different from a proxy and would appear to be perfectly legitimate. I don't claim to be entirely tech savvy but I do know that there are legitimate reasons why someone would hide behind a proxy or VPN (virtual private network). I have a subscription to a VPN (though I don't use it here). Sometimes if I want to watch a baseball game on the internet I get blacked out because of my proximity to where the game is being played. In order to get around that you simply logon to the VPN and make it appear that your IP address is from a different location. When you logon to sites this way it appears you are behind a perfectly legitimate IP when you are not. As far as I know this forum would not have the technology to detect people using that tactic. Even if they do I would question why they would want to waste the time and resources to try and weed out people who just want to come here and chat.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I have a very hard time believing that Tak = John Drake. If so, it's one of the best attempts to throw people off the track I've seen.