Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about weird rules?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How about weird rules?

In the spirit of "stupid rules" and "unwritten rules", how about weird rules?

Heres one currently in place at the Deed:

"Shower and latrine stalls are to be used by one individual at a time."

The fact that this is an issue scares me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: How about weird rules?

Well maybe they were having trouble with people "hooking up". Maybe people were having some shower fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaken1976 View Post
    Well maybe they were having trouble with people "hooking up".
    I thought that was why the bunkers were in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Alfredo View Post
    Rules for the sake of rules makes for mindless policy and engenders a lack of respect for those who enact and enforce them.

takthekak

I remember being at a Northern Tier base in winter as a SF augmentee...We had a perimeter which had heated small "buildings" which we could walk back and forth from, but were not allowed to be in. It must have been a cop thing...it was like zero degree's out, but they still came around and wanted post briefs from us augmentee's, needless to say they weren't impressed...Lasty, now that I am thinking about it, the real cops guarding were PRP, the mnx teams were PRP and there we stood with live weapons, a bunch of disgruntled SF augmentee's who went through a few hour training class...

Tak

Quote Originally Posted by takthekak View Post
    I remember being at a Northern Tier base in winter as a SF augmentee...We had a perimeter which had heated small "buildings" which we could walk back and forth from, but were not allowed to be in. It must have been a cop thing...it was like zero degree's out, but they still came around and wanted post briefs from us augmentee's, needless to say they weren't impressed...Lasty, now that I am thinking about it, the real cops guarding were PRP, the mnx teams were PRP and there we stood with live weapons, a bunch of disgruntled SF augmentee's who went through a few hour training class...
    SF are not the brightest of the AFSCs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post

You're "Zombie Posting" your own post from nearly 4 years ago?
    This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence. Vyvyan, The Young Ones

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post

Here we go again..............................

(I take exception but in truth have never been able to protest too loudly given the required general ASVAB score)

I don’t have any quotes……you can pick one for yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Before Third Air Force consolidated the USAFE Driving Permit and the Fuel Ration Card into one card, they used to be separate cards. The fuel permit was a pink card, the license a white laminated card. The policy was that you had to show both at the gates when coming onto base. When the question was asked, "Why are we showing our FUEL PERMIT to get onto base?", the answer was, "It is what it is."

Which, in itself, is a cringe-worthy answer. Like nails on a chalkboard....it is what it is....ugh....

Sometime around 2008/09, they finally got rid of the damn things and MPF gave everyone shiny new combined 3AF/Fuel Permit cards. And we did not have to show them at the gate, just had to show our ID (like at all other bases). Duh.

Tak

if everyone shows ID to get on base, why do they do the nazi checks at the commisary and BX???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:spy "WTF..I have been off this forum waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooo loooooooooooong....":clock