Page 265 of 624 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 6234

Thread: Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sensor Operator Retraining (1U0X1)

Quote Originally Posted by shade21 View Post
    Just submitted my retraining application... should get approved from the commander fairly quickly. How long does the retraining board usually take?
    The board meets at the end of each month. The numbers are starting to go down on the retraining advisory right now for SSgt/TSgt. So it seems that they are notifying people from the 5-15th. One more SSgt and TSgt slot spoken for today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And another SSgt slot is gone...
    But it's not me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lphill01 View Post
    And another SSgt slot is gone...
    But it's not me.
    not this guy either....is there a way to beg the functional manager to let me go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi all, ive been trying to reaserch this career field for a while and its funny how little there is out there ha ha. Im looking to apply in July when the new #s hit. I am currently doing a 2 yr remote at Lajes and hope things work out for me. Im not due to leave till may 2012 so I figure if I put my package in this july, that should give me ample time to complete the physical and stuff. I just got my TS clearance renewed and was an avionics backshop guy in my 1st career field (2A051a). I also just sewed on Tech. My career field im in currently (3DO71) is downsizing so hopefully Ill get lucky and be on the mandatory crostrain list (i wish) What do you guys think? I gotta do something with my career other than sit in an office pushing papers. I miss the operation life I just hope the wife and 3 kids truly understand if the ops tempo is crazy like ive read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It will probably take you 10 years but if you look through this thread you might find some of the older posts by current SOs. I remember they had some things to say about what the day to day is like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When you are a status 3 in vMPF; does that mean my functional has reviewed my package and signed off stating I'm good to go?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbosmitty View Post
    When you are a status 3 in vMPF; does that mean my functional has reviewed my package and signed off stating I'm good to go?
    Yes.

/////

shotdown

Your package is now on it's way to Air Staff for review. Once they approve it, you'll go Status 5 (unless they have a class date immediately then you'll automatically got Status 6). That's what happened to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotdown View Post
    Your package is now on it's way to Air Staff for review. Once they approve it, you'll go Status 5 (unless they have a class date immediately then you'll automatically got Status 6). That's what happened to me.
    Thats good news!! I was beginning to think my functional would not release me until an out slot opened up. Guess a status 3 with an ETP takes longer than normal.

shotdown

Thats good news!! I was beginning to think my functional would not release me until an out slot opened up. Guess a status 3 with an ETP takes longer than normal.
    The out slot has nothing to do with your functional. The functional just checks your career field's manning to see if they can release you. Air Staff reviews everything and they decide whether or not to take you. If they want you, then you have to wait for a class seat unless one is already available.

Plus the online retraining advisory is not always right. It takes a few days to update.