Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why would anyone who knows they are going to fail the PT Test...take it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would anyone who knows they are going to fail the PT Test...take it

DISCLAIMER: I'm only kidding...i dont recommend anyone do this...unless its true..and you might die..then I highly recommend you go to your PCM..lol

Below is the first 2 questions on the mandator PT questionaire

FITNESS SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
    1. Do you have a health condition not addressed in a Physical Profile (AF Form 422) that participating in
    the PT program/testing could aggravate or that would preclude your safety?
    GYes Stop here; notify your Unit Fitness Program Manager (FPM) and contact PCM.
    GNo Proceed to next question.
    2. Do you have any of the following?
    - Chest discomfort with exertion
    - Unusual shortness of breath
    - Dizziness, fainting, blackouts
    GYes Stop here; notify your UFPM and contact your Primary Care Manager (PCM)

NOW..if your fat bag'o donuts...or just can't run worth a darn....its a get out of a jail free card right?

Question 1, answer Yes...go to PCM..tell them "i'm not on a waiver but I'm in such horrible shape I might die of a heart attack if I run" Fair enough right...

Question 2...answer yes...if your fat and/or dont run or both...yes..it is UNUSUAL for you to have shortness of breath..beacuse normally you just sit on your fat behind...so...Run to the PT test..you'll be short of breath..it will be unusual for you...bam..check yes..

NO TEST FOR YOU!!!!

Seriously...its medical/safety...what can anyone do to you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Why would anyone who knows they are going to fail the PT Test...take it

Quote Originally Posted by Joker76 View Post

Seriously...its medical/safety...what can anyone do to you?
    Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, what they can probably do to you is after a "reasonable" amount of time to correct your problem, if you're still unable to test, you're not able to meet air force standards and here is your civilian below the zone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pheenix View Post
    Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, what they can probably do to you is after a "reasonable" amount of time to correct your problem, if you're still unable to test, you're not able to meet air force standards and here is your civilian below the zone.
    That MIGHT be true IF...you didnt change supervisors/comanders/1st shirts every year or so....then you PCS...start the cycle over again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

do you REALLY need to start 10 new threads on topics that have already been beaten to death?

Hate to inject reason into your theory... but if you are not current, you do not meet standards, and will still get a referal EPR. So your plan ain't worth shit.
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell him how you really feel Chief! :lol:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrustySMSgt View Post
    do you REALLY need to start 10 new threads on topics that have already been beaten to death?

Hate to inject reason into your theory... but if you are not current, you do not meet standards, and will still get a referal EPR. So your plan ain't worth shit.
    Perhaps labido isnt the only thing that goes with age....maybe...just maybe attention to details gets harder and harder to perform too...lol

Read my top line Crusty, oh wait..i doubt you can figure out how to scroll down to it...i'll paste it below (old person joke)

DISCLAIMER: I'm only kidding...i dont recommend anyone do this...unless its true..and you might die..then I highly recommend you go to your PCM..lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker76 View Post
    Perhaps labido isnt the only thing that goes with age....maybe...just maybe attention to details gets harder and harder to perform too...lol

Read my top line Crusty, oh wait..i doubt you can figure out how to scroll down to it...i'll paste it below (old person joke)

Sad thing is, someone out there will have a lightbulb moment and think this is their out... lol
    Just doing my part to smash that lightbulb into itty-bitty pieces
    "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep the street so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well. "

Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chief Runner Amok of the Troll Cabal

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sad thing is, someone out there will have a lightbulb moment and think this is their out... lol
    OMG go to bed...Matlock went off like 2 hours ago..WHY ARE YOU STILL AWAKE?!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The point of the questionare is to ensure that you aren't showing any danger indicators before you test. If you do, you go to the doc, get checked out, and they determine if you test or not. At most, you'd gain a week or two before you had to test (presuming you are cleared by the doc).

At a minimum, they can measure/weigh anyone, so they could make your entire test score based on that if you weren't physically able to do anything else. I can't imagine wanting that, especially if you are worried about passing in the first place.

In the end, I think you'd wind up wasting the doc's time and possibly shooting yourself in the foot if you did this.
    Newton's First Law of Motion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn....just when I got all done filling my questionare out too.